News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Another NY firearms forum wants to help spread the word

Started by B9, February 01, 2010, 08:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B9

www.NYFIREARMS.com

Site admin is in the process of setting our our own section. Please help me with informational posts and more importantly answering questions as they come up.
I encourage all NY Appleseeders to check out the forum, register and be involved.

"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

B9

"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

sgtrock

Just finished registering,, Alot of good info on that site. Check it out.      sgtrock

R1SGx2

Never heard of these guys, but like promo and will support them,
will register and support NY and AS,

Hi Team New York ..:.. :bow: :cool2: ..:.. :bow: :cool2: I'm ready.

ENOUGH SAID ON THIS ONE BELOW

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf
...George Orwell

The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day.
... Henry H.G. Mungle

http://www.thewarriorsong.com/video.html

"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

nyrasgt

"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

R1SGx2

Registered

Team NY CortJestir  :bow: :bow: :bow: has upgated the INSTRUCTOR MANUAL
Now 3.0 Will bring a few extra copies to IBC LakeGeorge, and HudsonFalls.
PDF Format.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=9374.0

-20 hours til Muster. Team NY we need to be on our game.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: R1sgx2 on February 01, 2010, 11:04:39 PMTeam NY CortJestir  :bow: :bow: :bow: has upgated the INSTRUCTOR MANUAL
Now 3.0 Will bring a few extra copies to IBC LakeGeorge, and HudsonFalls.
PDF Format.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=9374.0
Thanks Mark!
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

VietVet

ANOTHER NY FIREARMS FORUM?????????????

It appears to me that the RWVA is overlooking something here. There seems to be a flurry of activity about this "NEW" forum that is promoting AS. Have you forgotten about one that has backed this project on many occasions?

Longislandfirearms.com has been there for the RWVA since they started doing shoots @ Calverton NY. In fact it's been LIF that has manned these shoots. Without LIF these shoots most likely would not have taken place. It has been the members of LIF that showed up for every shoot that has been given at Calverton. We had members travel up to Vermont in September to attend that shoot. We also had members travel to Hartford, Conn to not only attend the shoot but to IIT at it. It was LIF that on very short notice mustered up the shooters for the Dec 27-28th shoot on Christmas weekend.
LIF has always been there to help "BAIL OUT" the RWVA.

How many RWVA Members will now show thier loyality to LIF and not only give us the credit that is due but will join LIF as you are this "Other Forum"?

In fact prove me wrong. Please direct me to ANY positive comment that anyone has made about the effort made by LIf to assist the RWVA in their mission.

LIF is rapidly growing and together with the RWVA we can take AS to a new level on Long Island and in NY. We won't however do this alone. Some recognition from RWVA is necessary for LIF to continue to be part of this process.

OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Terrible Two

I am a member of both forums.  Appleseed seems to be expanding their 'advertising' to get more shooters.  I can see the fustration for a site that well, kept Appleseed alive on Long Island.

Doing a blanket post like this is showing little if no respect for a group that was there to help you bring Appleseed back from the dead in Calverton.

However on the flip coin more needs to be done to make Appleseed successful.  Even if it means to expand to other avenues.

I do wonder if nyfirearms.com is an appoved NRA club with insurance. This posses legal concern when having a forum group 'back' another group event.  If members of a club/forum are attending an event, are they covered? If in the event something happens, who is covered?  Sure the range is covered; BUT thats against them not you personally.

LIF from what I read is not only a club but has insurance, is a not-for-profit with 501(c)3 status and members carry membership cards with them.  All members of the club when go out shooting as a club; well they are insured as a club...  

In this terrible anti-2a state we live in; we need to be certain we are completly covered both legally and physically. My support goes to long island firearms.com for donations.,

Just my two cents

B9

Here are just a couple of the promotional references we have given to LIF. There are others, hard to find old posts since the forum update. I know of several people from this forum that registered over there and are working to promote LIF as well as RWVA. RWVA has donated several free weekend tickets to LIF to use as fund rasiers or whatever LIF wanted to do with them.

I am very thankfull of LIF and what they have been doing for RWVA, New York and America in general, but to limit ourselves to one "other internet forum" to support would be counter productive. Thats why we do not have shoots at just one location in this state. Spreading the word to as many as we can is what we do. NYshooters.com was one of the first forums to give the NY RWVA a section. NYFIREARMS.com will not be the last. Is that not a goal with everyone? To spread the word and respark interest in preserving our rights?

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10105.0

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=9602.0

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=9223.0

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10132.0

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=8677.0
Medea Benjamin

Vergeltung

thanks for the heads up! I will get active on NYFirearms ASAP.

(I'll refrain from commenting publically on LIF. PM me of you want to discuss further. I was a mod there at one point. "was" being the key word).  :)

Vergeltung

ok, I hit it.

http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/appleseed-project/7452-2-time-appleseed-attendee-here.html#post32936

let's build on it. looks like a nice place. has a state-wide appeal. looks like the go to place. let's build it.

Terrible Two

Well well, we visit this topic once again to only hear that the event (when I went to purchase tickets) seems to be SOLD OUT!

Wow!

Is this like a record or something?

Vergeltung

sold out? ruh roe.....

(I'm glad that it is, certainly. but, for personal reasons, I am disappointed. that being, I did not register yet!  :wb: )

Oscarwhiskey2

First post here for me on the Project Appleseed forum. I had heard and read some stuff on the web about AS, when I saw the posts over on nyfirearms I took a closer look.
I have been in touch with several of you through email and PM's here, as I would like to get involved in the project. I am not new to rifle marksmanship or instruction of it, but understand I need to climb in somewhere. My hope is to get certification for instructor of your program ASAP and help out with marksmanship as well as presenting an honest account of our nation's history to attendees.

I live in the Rochester area but have traveled quite a bit in my own pursuit of burning powder.

Question;
I signed up here on this forum but it seems that I can't start a new thread, only respond to existing ones? Why?

B9

Quote from: Oscarwhiskey2 on March 01, 2010, 02:24:41 PM
First post here for me on the Project Appleseed forum. My hope is to get certification for instructor of your program ASAP and help out with marksmanship as well as presenting an honest account of our nation's history to attendees.

Question;
I signed up here on this forum but it seems that I can't start a new thread, only respond to existing ones? Why?

Welcome!
As to your question....
This forum is a working forum. We discus Appleseed. How to improve the program, how to improve Instructors and how to improve our History presentations. Post restrictions help keep us all on mission while keeping spam at bay. I believe there are sections you can start a topic in but maybe not.

Want to get involved in the program?

Attend an Appleseed shoot with everyone you know. Reading about it does not due it justice. Come to the shoot with and open mind, no ego, listen to the instruction and apply it. After that if you like what you learned and heard you can begin working down the road to becoming an Instructor. Requirements for becoming an Instructor in Training (IIt) are 2 Appleseed shoots, a minimum 210 score on the Army Qualification Test (AQT), and understanding of the commitment involved, and an Instructors recommendation.

There is a ton of info on this forum. Read as much as you can.
Medea Benjamin

Vergeltung

Quote from: Oscarwhiskey2 on March 01, 2010, 02:24:41 PM
First post here for me on the Project Appleseed forum. I had heard and read some stuff on the web about AS, when I saw the posts over on nyfirearms I took a closer look.
I have been in touch with several of you through email and PM's here, as I would like to get involved in the project. I am not new to rifle marksmanship or instruction of it, but understand I need to climb in somewhere. My hope is to get certification for instructor of your program ASAP and help out with marksmanship as well as presenting an honest account of our nation's history to attendees.
I live in the Rochester area but have traveled quite a bit in my own pursuit of burning powder.
Question;

glad to see you here man! welcome. the posting restriction lifts after a certain amount of posts, IIRC.

Oscarwhiskey2

Quote from: B9 on March 01, 2010, 02:46:28 PM

Welcome!
As to your question....
This forum is a working forum. We discus Appleseed. How to improve the program, how to improve Instructors and how to improve our History presentations. Post restrictions help keep us all on mission while keeping spam at bay. I believe there are sections you can start a topic in but maybe not.

Want to get involved in the program?

Attend an Appleseed shoot with everyone you know. Reading about it does not due it justice. Come to the shoot with and open mind, no ego, listen to the instruction and apply it. After that if you like what you learned and heard you can begin working down the road to becoming an Instructor. Requirements for becoming an Instructor in Training (IIt) are 2 Appleseed shoots, a minimum 210 score on the Army Qualification Test (AQT), and understanding of the commitment involved, and an Instructors recommendation.

There is a ton of info on this forum. Read as much as you can.

Understood.

I will be attending an Albion DAR shoot and continue to research this fourm for information.