News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

OLD MUSTER: Attention Yellowhammers! Muster Here!

Started by Bama, January 31, 2010, 11:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bama

Report in by posting to this thread.

Once you have reported in to represent your beloved state, please look at the currently scheduled dates (below) for 2010 Alabama Appleseeds and schedule yourself to help man the events you can. Feel free to look at the events scheduled in our neighboring states and sign up for some of them too. I mean, they are our neighbors and all, they just don't know better!  ;)

Once you have chosen all the shoots that you can help at, PM "Instructor Scheduling" & "Nickle" and get on the Instructor Schedule list. Do not underestimate the importance of signing up for a shoot that you plan on being at.

All IITs are expected to prepare for these upcoming shoots by communicating with your shoot boss and having your appropriate progress check ready. The one B'ham area redhat is starting to look like Gandalf the Grey and needs you guys to move on up the Appleseed ladder. Don't miss an opportunity to advance! It's just the future of your nation!

IITs can find most anything they need to know from the "Instructor's Manual". You can download it off this thread:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=9374.0

Alabama patriots, whether IITs or not are asked to help with promotional efforts by talking to family members, friends, co-workers, the friendly officer down the street, that nice history teacher across the block and their pastor and even tax accountants. Don't laugh, I plugged Appleseed to my tax preparers last year, and I expect 'em to be on the line this year.   ~~:) Honestly, word of mouth is the best advertising we can do.  @@)

Also don't forget to download and print out the Shelby County Sheriff's Office & Steel City Shoot flyers off their Event Information Pages. I run by Office Max every so often and get a bunch run off and keep them on my truck so I can pass them out to interested individuals, businesses, etc.

Your SC is also asking for volunteers for a Alabama State Coordination TeamCall it "the A-team"! Many hands makes light work. Who will help push the Appleseed cart in Alabama?

Current Alabama Appleseed schedule is as follows:

Feb 13-14 @ the Shelby County Sheriff's Office Training Center in Columbiana, AL
March 13-14 @ Steel City Sport Shooting Association in Hoover, AL
April 17-18 @ the Shelby County Sheriff's Office Training Center in Columbiana, AL
June 12-13 @ the Shelby County Sheriff's Office Training Center in Columbiana, AL
July 10-11 @ Steel City Sport Shooting Association in Hoover, AL
August 14-15 @ the Shelby County Sheriff's Office Training Center in Columbiana, AL
October 9-10 @ the Shelby County Sheriff's Office Training Center in Columbiana, AL

Event Information Pages for Steel City & SCSO Shoots which have downloadable flyers & registration links (IITs do NOT need to register on eventbright like a shooter but does need to get on the Instructor Schedule):
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11189.0 <SCSO/Columbiana, AL
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11144.0 <SCSSA/Hoover, AL

Thank you for your service!
To usurp supreme & absolute authority...in a free state, and subject it to tyranny, the people must have already become corrupt by gradual steps. And all states necessarily come to this, unless...they are brought back by good laws to their first principles.

-Niccolo Machiavelli (1531)

4merUSMC1803

D Lawley

Bama

To usurp supreme & absolute authority...in a free state, and subject it to tyranny, the people must have already become corrupt by gradual steps. And all states necessarily come to this, unless...they are brought back by good laws to their first principles.

4merUSMC1803

OK, how does this muster work?  Do we just stay on the state board, or what?
D Lawley

4merUSMC1803

Hey, I just opened a second window in the browser, logged in to the Rifleman Radio Show and now I'm listening to the audio and bouncing back & forth watching the chat window and this thread, all the time listening to SamDScout & others.
D Lawley

Bama

Mark1054 has changed his username to MMgun. He has reported in to me via phone and for some reason cannot view the state form. He gets an error message. Perhaps the username has something to do with it? Nonetheless, thank you Mark for mustering for your state!

Bama

Honda Man called me today and asked me to let everyone know he was working 2nd shift and would not be able to get online. He is on board with the program and looking forward to this year's advancements. Thank you Honda Man for standing with your state!

Brandon1

Reporting in after a long day of Jury Duty!  :o
Roaming the world on a klr.

4merUSMC1803

I see Brandon1 is logged into the forum.  HEY, B1, are you on the AL board?
D Lawley

Bama

Quote from: 4merUSMC1803 on February 02, 2010, 09:12:36 PM
OK, how does this muster work?  Do we just stay on the state board, or what?

You report in this thread. After doing so, you may check out the Virtual Muster Night threads, listen/call in to the Rifleman Radio Show, peruse the AL Appleseed Schedule, register with Instructor Scheduling to help with shoots, download event flyers for promotion, download the Instructor Manual, recommit yourself to the Cause by searching the forum for information, history, etc, etc. This organization will thrive if current orange hats dedicate themselves to making redhat as quickly as possible. This means staying abreast of events and getting involved. Make sure you don't lose an opportunity to move up the ladder because of failure to do a progress check. All the necessary information is in the Instructor Manual (link above).

Also I am looking for volunteers for an Alabama State Coordination Team that will brainstorm on promotional efforts, help direct new volunteers to jobs they can do, etc. If interested in the team, just say so below. Who want's to join the "A-Team"?

Bama

Quote from: Brandon1 on February 02, 2010, 09:41:15 PM
Reporting in after a long day of Jury Duty!  :o

I'd call that pulling double duty!! Thanks for standing with Alabama!

Brandon1

I cant find the radio show link  :wall:  My brain is fried after all day hearing cases.

Bama

Quote from: Brandon1 on February 02, 2010, 09:51:56 PM
I cant find the radio show link  :wall:  My brain is fried after all day hearing cases.
You can log on at www.blogtalkradio.com/AppleseedRadio and you can call in at 347-308-8790.

4merUSMC1803

D Lawley

Brandon1

Quote from: 4merUSMC1803 on February 02, 2010, 09:43:56 PM
I see Brandon1 is logged into the forum.  HEY, B1, are you on the AL board?

Yea..... :(  I think....... :-[ Maybe....... ???    O0

Brandon1

Bama

Quote from: Brandon1 on February 02, 2010, 09:59:32 PM
Quote from: 4merUSMC1803 on February 02, 2010, 09:56:15 PM
The link is at www.blogtalkradio.com, open the Appleseed Radio link.

Yea never mind  DIAL UP!!!!!!!!!!! !@#)

You can listen by calling in. You don't have to talk, you can just listen. Besides I bet there are a bunch on hold waiting to talk.

Bama

I just got a call from Kalash. Kalash has mustered.

He cannot view the state forums while logged in. He can view them when he is not logged in (but can not post). I think we have access issues.

I just sent adlawley, tlawley, dane, hammerhead, flea a PM asking them to call or PM me if they have the same issues.

Brandon1

Well guys I have to spend time with the family. Give me a call sometime!

4merUSMC1803

Quote from: Bama on February 02, 2010, 10:08:30 PM
I just got a call from Kalash. Kalsh has mustered.

He cannot view the state forums while logged in. He can view them when he is not logged in (but can not post). I think we have access issues.

I just sent adlawley, tlawley, dane, hammerhead, flea a PM asking them to call or PM me if they have the same issues.

I don't know if Kalash can see this post, or not, but he may want to try opening another window in the browser and switching back and forth as Im doing with this thread and the Radio show chat board.
D Lawley

Maximum Ordinate

Checking in for muster.

My son and I will be at Columbiana the weekend after next!
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

tlawley

4merUSMC1803

TLawley-Welcome to the muster.  Where's DLawley?
D Lawley

4merUSMC1803

Quote from: Rusty on February 02, 2010, 10:51:15 PM
Checking in for muster.

My son and I will be at Columbiana the weekend after next!

Rusty-Welcome aboard!  We look forward to meeting you & your son at Columbiana Feb 13-14.
D Lawley

tlawley

Spoke with dlawley yesterday. He was not on the IIT list. He was going to try to get that going. I will PX him now to build a fire.

4merUSMC1803

Quote from: tlawley on February 02, 2010, 11:09:27 PM
Spoke with dlawley yesterday. He was not on the IIT list. He was going to try to get that going. I will PX him now to build a fire.
D Lawley

Dane

It is not necessary to face the bullets of
the enemy on the field of battle in order to evince
true patriotism. He who loves his home, his
native town, his country, and is ready to
make sacrifice for their honor and welfare, is the
good citizen. In him the germ of patriotism is
well developed.

4merUSMC1803

Quote from: tlawley on February 02, 2010, 11:09:27 PM

My bad; I fat-fingered in the previous response attempt.

I talked to d after you and we worked through the forum registration and setup.  He actually downloaded the instructor manual to prepare for Feb 13-14 RSO duties and PC1 form for advancement.  He indicated that he would join the muster, but he may be having access issues tonight.  
D Lawley

4merUSMC1803

Quote from: Dane on February 02, 2010, 11:17:15 PM
i am in!

Dane

Dang!  Here he is.  I thought you were missing in action.  Access issues?
D Lawley

Dane

No!  Old timers disease.  Thanks to tlawley for calling and reminding me about buildimg the fire!
It is not necessary to face the bullets of
the enemy on the field of battle in order to evince
true patriotism. He who loves his home, his
native town, his country, and is ready to
make sacrifice for their honor and welfare, is the
good citizen. In him the germ of patriotism is
well developed.