News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Virtual Muster Night - Feb 2nd 7-9pm

Started by Greg in MO, January 29, 2010, 11:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg in MO

If we need to raise money, then we will do so.  If we all pitch in $5-$10, then we can make it happen I imagine.

I forgot that I also have the banner, which will work great for table promotions. 

Anyone here hit the STL gun shows?

MamaBear

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies."-Annie Oakley

'"A girl with a husband can be limited in what she can do. A girl with a rifle ain't got that problem." Calamity Jane

MamaBear

Greg,

we are happy to throw in some dough for the table and heck, one of us might even help staff it ;)

also, Mikeh 151 is in the STL area- we have been chatting on blogtalk...he might be able to help us out in the gun show respect???
"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies."-Annie Oakley

'"A girl with a husband can be limited in what she can do. A girl with a rifle ain't got that problem." Calamity Jane

Rebel Yell

I like that 501c3 thing. If we've gotta be incorporated, we might as well try and use it! I'm all about "free"!  O0

It might be a little late at this point, and judging by last time's turnout it might not be worth it, but there's a gun show in St. Joseph the weekend of Feb. 13,14 if anyone's interested. Last time's lack of turnout was largely due to lack of promotion, and they've done a far better job of that this time around. Shall I look in to it?

mikeh151

i dont mind pitching in to help the cause.  

MamaBear

YAY for mikeh 151!!  Thank you in advance for the help!  We sure do need/appreciate it!!  O0

Kori

thursday

Chester checking in
Do you plan to put a permanent roof on the pavilion at the OSB DAR ?  (by the way it took me a long time to figure our that meant dedicated appleseed range and not daughters of the American revolution)  Any way I might be able to get cheap trusses or i-joist from work if y'all are interested get me some dimensions.
if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to to do another and harder and better one.-C.S.Lewis

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and fifteen minutes to build a bad one.-My Dad

MamaBear

Quote from: thursday on February 02, 2010, 10:26:48 PM
Chester checking in
Do you plan to put a permanent roof on the pavilion at the OSB DAR ?  (by the way it took me a long time to figure our that meant dedicated appleseed range and not daughters of the American revolution)  Any way I might be able to get cheap trusses or i-joist from work if y'all are interested get me some dimensions.

you might check in with Longshot or ThorsHammer on the dimensions?

Greg in MO

Chester.  Very generous sir.  I'll let Longshot discuss the pavilion with you.  I know we are working to put a roof on it.  Many more improvements in the works for the DAR.  Stay tuned...

Scott.  By all means pursue it.  That would be a good lead up for our March kick off and April promotions.

Kori, of course I meant all Instructors, including IITs...  Although now I am starting to wonder... :D

Mike, we would definitely appreciate your help on that, and on range hunting.  If you can, see where the 4Hers and Boy Scouts shoot.  Maybe we can piggyback with them?

Good discussion folks.  Keep it coming.  Where the heck is Ben?

G

mikeh151

i'm headed put this weekend.  I plan on printing the flyer and posting it at the range.  the more we get involved, the better it will be :)

MamaBear

Quote from: ben1775 on February 02, 2010, 10:39:13 PM
Quote from: Greg in MO on February 02, 2010, 10:31:55 PM
 Where the heck is Ben?

G

Some of us are at work ya know. Checking in.

Ben, you WORK????  I thought you just stood around in funny pants and yelled at people  ~~:)

AdamSelene

Hey folks, I am over in Pittsburg, KS just a few minutes from Joplin.  I will be lurking over on the Kansas board, usually cant even see the MO page.  I am an IIT also.  You need anything dont be afraid to PM me.

-Adam
Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.           -Plato

Greg in MO

Quote from: mikeh151 on February 02, 2010, 10:40:09 PM
i'm headed put this weekend.  I plan on printing the flyer and posting it at the range.  the more we get involved, the better it will be :)

You got it Mike.  Thanks for picking up the bucket...

It will be a huge step forward if we can get a shoot around STL this year.  HUGE.

Also, I would urge all MO Appleseeders to make it to an Osage shoot sometime this year.  The DAR is our premier range, and it is getting better all the time.  It is also the central hub for MO Appleseeders, and you should definitely check in there.  Plus, it's a great place to shoot!

G

Greg in MO

Ben,

Any thoughts on what we should be doing?  Did I miss anything?

G

thursday

I'm also working on the possibility of hosting an appleseed on the family farm 75 miles west of the arch.  Mom wants to come to one and see for herself before she commits.
if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to to do another and harder and better one.-C.S.Lewis

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and fifteen minutes to build a bad one.-My Dad

MamaBear

I've got to get off in a minute to put the baby "bears" to bed  :) but what was the official MO count tonight?

ben1775

Quote from: thursday on February 02, 2010, 10:48:15 PM
I'm also working on the possibility of hosting an appleseed on the family farm 75 miles west of the arch.  Mom wants to come to one and see for herself before she commits.
To which event will she be coming?

Missouri Brigade

I will take a look at the schedule of St. Louis area gun shows.  I'm down in that area fairly often.

Greg in MO

75 miles?  Like Warrenton area?  Fantastic! 

Ben, we may need to go back up to the Mt. Moriah property again.  I can't find the range sheet we did on it last year, and I don't remember enough details.

G

ben1775

What I remember about Mt. Moriah was that it needed some work prior to a shoot. Camping area cleared of some brush and a trail cut to the shoot location. Great back stop but water issues in the spring.

henschman

Hello from Oklahoma!

What's up KR and Ben?

Hope to see you guys and everybody else up there on the trail soon!

I need to make it up to one of your events where there is a Master Instructor present sometime soon, so I can see about getting my green hat.
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

Greg in MO

hensch,

You don't need an MI to be a SBIT.  Any SB can check you out.  If you can make it up to one of our shoots, I'm sure we can help.

G

MamaBear

I have to put two very sleepy kids to bed. Good talking with everyone!!!

Kori

ben1775

So are we cover on the 19th? You said Williamston was good, Greybeards at Washburn with IIT Kent and if Kira's working a shoot then she'll be there, Osage has KR, Thor and George, I got Weatherby with currently no one else.

Greg in MO

Where is Scott going to be?  I assumed at Weatherby?

Where are Eric and Kori going to be?

G

ben1775

Do those three account for the remainder of the MO crew? I believe Scott will be at weatherby and he and I can certainly handle it if others are needed else where like Washburn maybe.

Greg in MO

There is also Dane who should be at Osage.  Not sure about the father/son that took the hat at the last Osage shoot.  I think they are in KC area.

There is a possibility that I may have AZGromit relocated to our great state by April.  We'll discuss this weekend, as he will be with me. 

Unless you can dig up Short John.  Not sure where the Olathe, KS guys will be (Tightgroup, Tacticool and Capt. America).

G

OddBall

*sneaky sneaky* hello all you missouri folk. Just stoping by to see how things were going and while im here Is there any one that is really good at solving probility questions?
Hey Man, I'm drinking wine, eating cheese and catching some rays.

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"