News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Virtual Muster Night - Feb 2nd 7-9pm

Started by Greg in MO, January 29, 2010, 11:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garand69

Hello Missouri,

Are we having fun yet??????

See you all soon O0
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

MamaBear

Tentatively speaking, Erik is thinking of working a shoot near Little Rock, AR.  His brother lives there and he has been wanting to get him to a shoot.  It is certainly easier for me to work the shoot at Osage, because my folks are close and can watch the kids for us.  I will go wherever I am needed most in MO.  I can probably sweet-talk the folks into coming to our house for that weekend if I needed to.  I don't camp, so something closer to KC is best for me - probably no more than an hour each way.  Let me know where I'm needed, and I'll do my best to accommodate it!  O0

It was great seeing everyone on tonight!  I had a great time!  O0

Kori
"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies."-Annie Oakley

'"A girl with a husband can be limited in what she can do. A girl with a rifle ain't got that problem." Calamity Jane

ben1775

Quote from: OddBall on February 02, 2010, 11:30:51 PM
*sneaky sneaky* hello all you missouri folk. Just stoping by to see how things were going and while im here Is there any one that is really good at solving probility questions?
Do your own homework Oddball!  &) But Greg is a physicist and he's real smart at that math stuff, I bet he'll help you.

Greg in MO

Hey G-man...  Other than very tired typing fingers, we are having a great time!  Covering 6 state boards is tough.

See you in a couple days.

Oddball, I'm not sure I could in good conscience help you with your homework...  Unless of course I was promised a pack of your Dad's jalepeno/cheese sticks...

Greg

MamaBear

Hey!  What's with all these Illinois(ucks) sneaking over on our board???  Isn't there a sign posted to keep the riff-raff out??   @&)   ;)
"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies."-Annie Oakley

'"A girl with a husband can be limited in what she can do. A girl with a rifle ain't got that problem." Calamity Jane

MamaBear

Did someone say jalapeno-cheese-jerky-goodness sticks?  I'm smart~ISH.  Ask me!  Pick me!!   **)

Gramma Goats

Hey gang -- Paulette here.

Sorry i am so late -- sometimes life does that.
"We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality." --philosopher and writer Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Gramma Goats

OPPS --is there another place i am 'spose to check in or is THIS DE SPOT ?
"We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality." --philosopher and writer Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Greg in MO

This is the spot.  Sorry we didn't get down to your place this weekend.  I was all set Saturday morning but the weather made the roads not fun.  KR or I will get down there in a couple weeks though, I promise.  We are definitely interested in hosting a shoot (or several) at your place.

Greg

Gramma Goats

Hey guys i gotta tell ya what a great job you did teaching ALLIE -- he dad was so impressed with her targets he gave her the SW 15/22 he had ordered for himself.  His comment was , "now when she is ready for a REAL RIFLE she will know how it works.

OddBall

Okay I will be heading your way this weekend with some jalapeno and cheese sticks now the question is this ( rember this is from my teacher) My cheap Mp3 Player is stuck on shuffle it starts with whatevfer track you put it on but then only plays tracks in random order never replaying a song until all have been played once. I put the first 6 chapters of an audio book on the empty player then i put 10 songs on to the player. Its okay if songs play between chapters as long as the chapters play in order. what is the probability that I will hear the 6 chapters in order with out having to change tracks if I manually ensure that it plays chapter 1 first.
Hey Man, I'm drinking wine, eating cheese and catching some rays.

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

Gramma Goats

The snow was so wet here it made snowballs on the bottoms of your pants legs.  It would have been NO FUN.  I am looking fwd to the shoot here.  I have been doing some PR work letting folks know that there is a good chance an AppleSeed will be local.  I have a few thoughts on doing a couple special things that i think will be fun and helpful.  You guys are dealing with the orginal party queen here :>)   You teach 'em to shoot and Fill 'em up with good history and pride and we will put a couple of fun and interesting twists in that they will stand in line to come back :>)

Greg in MO

Outstanding!  She is a pleasure to have on the line.  I hope we see her again soon...  This time we will try to keep her warm and dry!

G

Gramma Goats

Allie is excited to have a shoot here --- the first thing she said when she came to the farm Sat evening was "did the appleseed guys come?  When do we shoot.".
I assured her you would be here and we would shoot plenty.

Gramma Goats

Hey guys, I am looking to buy an EO tech 512 -- if anyone has one for sale or knows of the best price out there I am interested.  KR has no idea of the 'monster' he has created  :>)   

OddBall

just so you know i posted the question on the last page. (remember jalapeno and cheese jerky goodness is at steak here)

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

Gramma Goats

I  have been BROWSING backwards and noted the comment about the womens handgun defense class -- i would like more info please.  I have several gals here that want to become a THREAT :>)

OddBall

Greg in MO

Quote from: Gramma Goats on February 03, 2010, 12:03:55 AM
I  have been BROWSING backwards and noted the comment about the womens handgun defense class -- i would like more info please.  I have several gals here that want to become a THREAT :>)

Paulette,

Bill and Dee Regina do a bunch of training at several locations in MO and KS.  They are good instructors that teach excellent classes for a VERY reasonable price.  You can check out their schedule at http://www.srt-group.com/.  Just look at the calender. 

Greg

Gramma Goats

i took a quick look at their calander and site.  I will look closer.  Looks like the closest they come is KC.  I did not see their pricing right off but will contact them.  I understand there is also a fella in Spfld that teaches ( not sure if he does a womens class or not)  I will get more info and run it by you . . .maybe you know of him too. I want my daughter and daughter in law to get comfortable with a handgun as well as myself.  I have several other 'girlfriends' that actually have their CCW but are not yet comfortable  with the carry until they get more training.

ben1775

Quote from: OddBall on February 03, 2010, 12:05:47 AM
Ben how did you come up with 1 in 25.

The question comes down to chapters 2-6 of the book. You start on chapter one, it does not matter if the songs play in between chapters and the chapters will not repeat so how many combinations can you get from 5 chapters? 25. Now SOM SOM and don't forget my jalepeno/cheese sticks.

OddBall

your forgeting about the other ten songs or do they not even matter.

Rebel Yell

Quote from: ben1775 on February 02, 2010, 11:23:49 PM
Do those three account for the remainder of the MO crew? I believe Scott will be at weatherby and he and I can certainly handle it if others are needed else where like Washburn maybe.

Yeah I'll be with you at Weatherby. I ain't on the list, but when am I?  :P I'll send a PM to get on the list shortly.

Greg in MO

If it will get us back on topic, yes, I believe Ben is right (big surprise). 

Paulette,  if you are looking for an instructor near Springfield I would recommend Mark Fringer.  I don't have his number handy at the moment but he lives down by Branson and teaches CCW classes around Springfield.  He is also an excellent instructor.

Well boys and girls...  I have been online bouncing between 6 state boards for 3.5 hours or so, and my fingers (and brain) are tired. 

If you come up with some good ideas for shoot locations, promotions, or any thing else related to Appleseed in MO, feel free to post it and we can continue tomorrow.

Thanks to all of you that participated and made Muster night a big success.  2010 is going to be a great year for Appleseed in MO, especially if we all do our part.

See you on the trail!

Greg

ErikAnderson

Quote from: Greg in MO on February 02, 2010, 11:21:39 PM
Where is Scott going to be?  I assumed at Weatherby?

Where are Eric and Kori going to be?

G

Child Logistics suggests that Osage is the easiest for Kori.  I'd like to be at the LR shoot, but that's only if my brother can get off work.  If he can't, I'll go wherever I'm needed, either in MO +/- a state.