News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Winter Shoot in Williamston REMINDERS AND REQUESTS

Started by BeeFree, January 29, 2010, 10:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeeFree

Reminder to participants - Williamston Shoot is RIMFIRE ONLY.  If you do not have an appropriate rifle, please contact me WELL BEFORE THE SHOOT, so that I can get a count of how many loaners we will need, and have time to arrange for them.  If you email me the night before (and people have done this), I may NOT be able to arrange a rifle for you.  And thanks to the folks who have already told me they need loaners! 

Reminder to instructors attending shoot - this is RIMFIRE ONLY, therefore we need more loaners than usual.  If you have a rifle you can loan out, please bring it.  It would also be helpful if you could let me know that you are doing so, and how many rifles you are bringing.

BeeFree
Make Orwell Fiction Again!

TreadCarefully

Spare the tar and feathers, spoil the politician.

"Pain is temporary. Quitting is forever." - Lance Armstrong

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc."

Gopher Boy

I'll bring all Three (3) 10/22 I have Just in case.

G.B.

Fred

"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Gopher Boy

I working on get 2 more to this shoot, Maybe more.

I'm doin' everything I can for IL, and Sqeezing in as much as time allows for the Maze and Blue.

G.B.

BeeFree

We are five weeks out and have 12 people registered for the Winter in Williamston shoot, with 8 slots remaining.  If you want a space on the line, get registered soon! 

Three of our registered folks are SUNDAY ONLY, soooo... there should be space in the line for IITs to rotate through for some practice on Saturday afternoon.

And it looks like we have a good size crew coming... you will be receiving PMs shortly, with more details...

BeeFree

Miki

I put in a 'request' for the trend to continue. 30s last weekend....40s this weekend....I'm HOPING for 50s the following weekend.

TreadCarefully

This was supposed to be a 'winter' shoot. Guess we'll have to call it a 'early summer' shoot at this rate.

ITB

I'll bring the one I have - Marlin 795 with Tech Sights - Sunday only
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

BeeFree

If this warming trend continues, it will be rather muddy, even marshy.  I will bring several big tarps, but anyone who has one of their own might want to bring it. 

the Pre-reg stats for Williamston are showing 21 slots filled out of 20 - I am assuming that is either because we had some memberships sold on eventbrite, which always screws with the numbers, or our two Sunday minors are going to share a slot.  Also, there are 4 slots left out of 25 for Fenton in April.  I see no difficulty in selling out that venue in the remaining 5 weeks  ^:)^

The duty roster will go out this afternoon (sorry for the delay, i spent the last three days flat on my back after a stupid attempt to lift a 50# box of trash Mon morn - so much for my being demo dummy much!). 

I'll be bringing the marker board again for anyone teaching anything that uses visual aids (tho' you are more than welcome to bring your own).

I have received the FENTON shoot box, but not the WILLIAMSTON box, yet, which means that we are covered if W's doesn't arrive in time).

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!  And meeting some new folk!

BeeFree

Gopher Boy

I know there is also a minor that is shooting both days.  I've already talked to Billwinkle (Dad) about having to modify the targets.

Looking forward to it.

G.B.

hiphi

This will be the first Appleseed for myself, my wife and two of our friends.  Can't wait!

Thanks to everyone who made this possible.

BeeFree

Hi 'Seeders!

Here are the actual Eventbrite registrations 17/20 for Saturday and 19/20 for Sunday... so we have one more open slot for a Sat&Sun person & 2 slots for Sat only.  I've emailed Ss to update Eventbrite (whcih was claiming everything was sold out due to some memberships) so we can get those last-minute registrations in...

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

BeeFree

TreadCarefully

hiphi

Quote from: TreadCarefully on March 06, 2010, 06:11:16 PM
Welcome aboard hiphi!

Thanks!

Can any of you do something about the expected rain?  We'd like sun and warmth please!

BeeFree

just bring waders, hiphi, you'll be fine...lol

BeeFree

BeeFree

Hi all,

Staff: The new backer boards arrived, so we can install them Sat morning.  There IS a hammer in the pistol shed and the nails are in my van.  Please arrive by 7AM.

Shooters: There is still snow on the firing line.  It is very muddy between the firing line and the target line.  WEAR WATERPROOF BOOTS (when I say muddy, i mean a couple inches of standing water, too).  I know I said this once, but it's worth the reminder - bring a waterproof tarp AND a shooting mat/carpet/quilt/something to put between you and the cold, wet snow/ground - 'cause you will be laying in it a lot).  Please arrive by 8:30AM.

Everyone: If anyone needs anything between now and the shoot, please PM me before 8PM Friday night.  After that, call my cell.  I will arrive between 6:30/6:45AM Sat morning to unlock the gate, so don't bother showing up any earlier than that, since you won't be able to get in. 

BeeFree

Miki

Just a heads up about travel. I -96 will be completely closed in both directions from 11 PM Friday March 12 till 5 AM Monday March 15 from Livernois to Joy. The suggested detour is the service drive.

BeeFree

Quote from: Miki on March 12, 2010, 11:39:20 AM
Just a heads up about travel. I -96 will be completely closed in both directions from 11 PM Friday March 12 till 5 AM Monday March 15 from Livernois to Joy. The suggested detour is the service drive.

Gaaaahhhh!  Of course it will, orange alien season started Monday...

BeeFree

Dazureus

Don't forget, daylight savings time is on Sunday, March 14th at 2am. 

donaldj

Hey all,

This is Don. I was the guy down on lane 1.  I just wanted to thank everyone for an excellent opportunity to learn from you, and get a lot more proficient with a rifle.

Especially thanks to Gopher Boy for the use of a truly excellent Ruger 10/22.

See you all soon, I will be re registering (and hopefully bringing more friends!) for an early summer shoot.

Don

Butt Stock

It rained and it was cold, but we got it done.

hiphi

What a great event!  This was our first, and was very informative.  Despite the rain, the cold, the frostbite, it was totally worth it.   We'll be setting up a dry fire "range" at home and practicing at the range a lot, in preparation for our next Appleseed this summer.

Big thanks from Jeff & Eva to everyone that took time and money to get here and make this an awesome experience!

Superheat

BeeFree,  I would like to thank you, Dinky, FuzzyMath, Treadcarfully, Miki, Buttstock, GofferBoy, Intheburbs and ALL the shooters.  Everyone made this a real memorable experience for my family.  When I arrived home from work both kids were wearing their t-shirts and showing off their targets to friends.  You and your team made a cold rainy day FUN.  Although my equipment frustrated me with countless jambs your team kept encouraging me.  All the instructors were helping Maddie and Vince continuously.  I was overwhelmed by their patience.  
The kids haven't stopped talking about Miki this, Gofferboy that, buttstock, Dinky said..etc..  I'm sorry that I missed the opportunity to get a picture of FuzzyMath helping Maddie shoot the last AQT.  What can I say.  Sometimes you don't notice a special moment until its gone.  I have a feeling our paths will cross again soon.

Today I ordered "Paul Revere's ride".  When I told Lori she said your kidding me, I ordered it too.  
Superheat.

Superheat

MADDIE POSTING UNDER SUPERHEAT,
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! :bow:
you made a horrible, rainy day SWEET  :~
i could not be more thankful ;)
               Thanks,
               Maddie
                   :)
                                 ps. WE NEED TO GET PINK AQT's
                                                     HA HA HA HA

BeeFree

It was a pleasure having you on the line - if we don't have pink AQTs, you could always look for a pink rifle like my daughter's.  Miki has one, too, I believe. ;D

BeeFree

Miki

Hi Maddie, I DO have a pink rifle. Can you keep a secret? I have TWO pink rifles. Let me know when you're coming to another shoot and I'll make sure I bring them so you can see how much FUN it is to shoot a pink rifle.
Miki

Miki

Superheat

Well, I was cleaning the sand/dirt out of some gear and found....A SLING THAT SAYS G.B. on it.  Gopher Boy's I assume.  Please p.m. with address so I can send it out.  I can't p.m. yet. I'm hoping at 10 posts it will turn on.

Gopher Boy

I'll be in Dundee in July and August.  If you'll be at either you can get it to me there or if you are heading to Fenton I'll see BeeFree and ITB on the trail sooner or later.

I'm in no rush.

G.B.