News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Virtual Muster Night, Tuesday Feb. 2nd, Everyone come a-runnin'!

Started by Stimey, January 28, 2010, 10:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tareece

No.1 we need to find out when we need to be at the show.
No.2 We need to find out cost (if any)
No.3 We need to find out how many will guarantee staffing...
No 4 we need to find out if GBO COL. might reschedule...and HOW they will let vendors know...
No.5 We need to find out how to communicate with all volunteers and perhaps carpool if we can link up decently....
No.6 contact info for all...and a call tree perhaps...
Know the limits of your knowledge and the expanse of your ignorance--- yours truly

Stimey

OK, so right now we have the following list.

Gun show:  Fred, Bonden, FourIze, Tareece

Warehouse:  bulkhead, Stimey, txpirate, steves4570

Everybody else, pick a spot for the morning, pm gun show assignments to follow....
"Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle.  Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war!"  Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

Tareece

Quote from: Stimey on February 02, 2010, 10:21:19 PM
OK, so right now we have the following list.

Gun show:  Fred, Bonden, FourIze, Tareece

Warehouse:  bulkhead, Stimey, txpirate, steves4570

Everybody else, pick a spot for the morning, pm gun show assignments to follow....

Whatta foursome... bowling, golfing, and shootin'!!!!
Know the limits of your knowledge and the expanse of your ignorance--- yours truly

Stimey

Quote from: Tareece on February 02, 2010, 10:20:25 PM
No.1 we need to find out when we need to be at the show.
No.2 We need to find out cost (if any)
No.3 We need to find out how many will guarantee staffing...
No 4 we need to find out if GBO COL. might reschedule...and HOW they will let vendors know...
No.5 We need to find out how to communicate with all volunteers and perhaps carpool if we can link up decently....
No.6 contact info for all...and a call tree perhaps...

1.  0900 or as close as possible.
2.  Shouldn't be a fee, but I don't know.  Fred does, and he'll pass that info later.
3.  ?  Do you mean how many instructors will commit to working the show?  That won't be a problem.
4.  Let's leave that problem until it's a confirmed problem.  Last I heard, show's still on.
5. and 6.  I have contact info for many of you.  However, I treat that as confidential.  There is a carpooling board in another part of the forum, and you can post carpool requests there.

"Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle.  Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war!"  Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

Tareece

Quote from: Stimey on February 02, 2010, 10:26:23 PM
1.  0900 or as close as possible.
2.  Shouldn't be a fee, but I don't know.  Fred does, and he'll pass that info later.
3.  ?  Do you mean how many instructors will commit to working the show?  That won't be a problem.
4.  Let's leave that problem until it's a confirmed problem.  Last I heard, show's still on.
5. and 6.  I have contact info for many of you.  However, I treat that as confidential.  There is a carpooling board in another part of the forum, and you can post carpool requests there.

Good deal...all answers in the right place...

hawkeye

I'll go where ever I'm needed, show ,warehouse doesn't matter. Lawson will go were I go.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

NeilR

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

iron pony

Iron Pony Checking In.
Will be working the AS at the end of the month. Bringing at least one new Appleseeder...
^:)^
"Man who say it cannot be done should not interrupt man doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Stimey

Welcome, IP!

please pm me with your city of residence, and contact information if you wish.  I will involve you in the program as much as you like.

Also, you are invited to the meeting this weekend.  See above for details.

hawkeye/law  man, you can go either place.  The Kid coming too?

PS  We now have 17!

Stimey

Welcome, Carolina Gal!

please pm me with your city of residence, and contact information if you wish.  I will involve you in the program as much as you like.

Also, you are invited to the meeting this weekend.  See above for details.

Now we have 18!

By the way, I have been reminded to mention that anyone attending the show should wear Appleseed garb.  T-shirts, hoodies, polos, caps.

hawkeye

I'm sure The Kid will come along too. Sucks not being able to drive. Welcome new folks we have a great group of instructors here in NC. Maybe that's why we get people from all over the world coming to our Appleseeds. With the Appleseeds and the field shoots we have a good all  around programs at the home range in Ramsuer.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

hawkeye

Wow 18 That's smoke'n . Come on 20! Hey Mike how many till we win something?

Stimey

Hey, I'm just feeling the love, brother.  I've been contacted by North Carolinians tonight that I didn't know were involved in Appleseed.  My master list of forum members in NC just rose to 48!  Far as I'm concerned, we've had a damn good night!

FourIze

So I'll see Fred a little before 9 am Saturday at the show.  Just to state the obvious, I'm assuming if we're working the show we don't stand in the long line to get in.  Anybody know the location of the exhibitor's entrance??
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
-Thomas Paine: The American Crisis, No. 4, 1777

MCKNBRD

Just got home from work...checking in!

Jeez, retail sucks!

Byrdman
Its better to sweat in peace than bleed in war.

Guns and Ammo...between them, they get all the money my wife lets me have!

Tareece

Quote from: FourIze on February 02, 2010, 11:21:20 PM
So I'll see Fred a little before 9 am Saturday at the show.  Just to state the obvious, I'm assuming if we're working the show we don't stand in the long line to get in.  Anybody know the location of the exhibitor's entrance??

Should we join up together at a local restaurant or entrance gate?

Stimey

Welcome, Byrdman!

Read over the thread, it'll catch you up.  Can you make the meeting Saturday?  If so, let me know if you want to pack boxes or work the show.

Never mind.  I just saw your post on the other thread.  I'll come to GM if I don't see you earlier.

Good idea, Tareece.  Who would like to set a rally point near the show?  I would, but I don't know where it is.

scuzzy

Quote from: Stimey on February 02, 2010, 11:13:55 PM
Hey, I'm just feeling the love, brother.  I've been contacted by North Carolinians tonight that I didn't know were involved in Appleseed.  My master list of forum members in NC just rose to 48!  Far as I'm concerned, we've had a damn good night!

Hey Stimey and txpirate,
  Should I include you two on the Texas Muster count? heh.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Stimey

I reckon I'd be OK with that, K.

NC had 19 show up so far, how about TX?

scuzzy

At last count we had 25. That's without putting you two transplanted Texans on the list. I'll put you two down though, but not on the official count.

Stimey

If you count Fred, we're at 20, so we're doing really well.  I'm OK with being counted twice, if you think Matt and me are worth it!

FourIze

I know the area around the GSO Coliseum pretty well.  I'm assuming everyone will either be coming towards the show on either 40E or 40W.  If you take the High Point Road exit and head towards the coliseum, there is a Burger King just up the block on the right.  It's probably about a mile from there to the coliseum (would allow us to meet up without fighting gun show traffic till we find each other).  There are other places that are a little closer, but they're not popping into my 49-year-old mind at present.  Thoughts??
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."

Tareece

Quote from: FourIze on February 02, 2010, 11:45:20 PM
Ithere is a Burger King just up the block on the right.  It's probably about a mile from there to the coliseum (would allow us to meet up without fighting gun show traffic till we find each other).  There are other places that are a little closer, but they're not popping into my 49-year-old mind at present.  Thoughts??

Sounds just right.... 8 to 8:25 to allow for stragglers or late arrivals???

scuzzy

Quote from: Stimey on February 02, 2010, 11:43:18 PM
If you count Fred, we're at 20, so we're doing really well.  I'm OK with being counted twice, if you think Matt and me are worth it!

Yeah, y'all are worth counting twice.

FourIze

Yeah, let's do that.  We'll plan to leave BK at 8:30 and get to the show and in around 8:45, since we should be in before the "customers" arrive.

Or do we need to be earlier to set up.  Is someone setting up Friday afternoon/evening??

Stimey

That's a question for Fred, I'll make sure he sees this and fills us in.

Tareece

EMAIL or call me

Later and congrats on getting 20!  We'll beat dem durn Texans yet!

BChappell

Sorry I couldn't make it in last night, dial up connection at home last night would not connect or stay connect for more than a few moments if it managed to connect... :wb:
I think all the moisture was screwing with the lines. Haven't had that problem in while.  Should of have worked late last night... !@#)
''A government resting on the minority is an aristocracy, not a Republic, and could not be safe with a numerical and physical force against it, without a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace.''
— James Madison, The Federalist Papers (No. 46).