News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Virtual Muster Night, Tuesday Feb. 2nd, Everyone come a-runnin'!

Started by Stimey, January 28, 2010, 10:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stimey

In case you haven't heard about this, I am forwarding this announcement to all North Carolina Appleseeders.  This event will take place next Tuesday night at 8-10pm EST.  What we are asking is that each of you log on to the forum during that time and log on to the Appleseed Radio Show during the same time period.  Register and log on at the link below:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/appleseedradio

You can listen live to the show and participate in a live chat with Appleseeders from all over the country.  This will be a virtual online national conference meeting for planning our 2010 season.  This is a don't miss opportunity.  Come one, come all!

Quote from: Scout on January 27, 2010, 03:36:27 PM
Virtual Muster Night: A Call To Everone

Hello and welcome to each of you!  If you are reading this it is because you are a member of the Appleseed Project and are being contacted as such. 

In just over one week, the Appleseed Project will be hosing an event called Virtual Muster Night.  It is designed to help us all rejuvenate ourselves to our joint purpose, reconnected to our state programs, and reconnected to each other.

The Virtual Muster Night event is Feb. 2nd from 7pm-9pm Central.  The event will be both on the forum and on Scout's Rifleman Radio Show at the same time.  We are asking that each and every one of you come to the forum, sign in to the Virtual Muster Night Subforum and then head over to your state forums.  Once there you can find all the others from your state, check on projects that are happening and check in briefly with your State Coordinator and look at the calendar of shoots.  Sign up for a few. 

Then get ready to have some fun.

Now, normally the Appleseed Project is all work and no play, but this night will be a bit different.  For one night only, there will be special Virtual Muster Night only threads written by the Master Instructors on cool topics and open for Q&A.  Fred himself is expected on the Radio Show in order to take calls and questions!

Radio Show?! Yes, the Rifleman Radio Show will be running and we hope many will come on to report in on the forum mustering activities.  Scout will be there along with many others in the chat room.  If any of you have missed the the weekly Radio Show, this is your chance to check it out and be a part of it.

So, please, get ready to muster up.  Get ready to have an "Appleseed Revival" for each of us who can use it.  Get ready to be a part of an event that will go into the Appleseed history books.  And get ready to take your place in the success of this year of record breaking growth. 

Be warned - the special forum, the special threads, the VM Night Radio Show itself will only last for those two hours, then they will lock and history will be closed.  Do not come late or you will miss out and only be able to read what others did!

As you know, we ask participants at every Appleseed how many could they muster on short notice.  1000? 100? 10?  This is our night to ask that question of ourselves, our states, and of our national program: "How many can WE muster?" 

Mark you calendar, and make some time for the night even if it is just 15 minutes.  Help spread the word that the muster bell is to be rung and let's make this a big night.  Our forum has never had over 340 members on it at once and that is a small portion of our membership.  Let's see if we can break 1000!

Let's make real work of it. 

Thank You & See you on the "Virtual Green",
Techres & Scout

"Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle.  Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war!"  Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

Stimey

Here is the link to register for the Virtual Muster.  Everyone who can attend, please do so.  Register at Eventbrite at:

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/557138416

See you Tuesday at 8:00 pm!
"Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle.  Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war!"  Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

Tareece

Know the limits of your knowledge and the expanse of your ignorance--- yours truly

M1NC

Always take the high road - it has a better field of fire

If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.

But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Go forth and fear no darkeness

checksix

Checking in. Can't stay. Plan on bringing a new A'seeder to an upcoming shoot, along with some other friends who have been to at least one.
Regards,
checksix
...because ideas have consequences.

Stimey

I'm damn glad to see you, boys.  I'm on too, we'll be kickin' this thing off in about 10. 

any thoughts on our meeting this Saturday?

Tareece

Quote from: Stimey on February 02, 2010, 08:51:02 PM
I'm damn glad to see you, boys.  I'm on too, we'll be kickin' this thing off in about 10. 

any thoughts on our meeting this Saturday?

I received a note about the meeting just today.... I didn't know this was happening either...am listening to the Radio show right now (last weeks episode) and they say there is a chatroom? I've registered with the ticket company....

I look forward to the mtg,
   Let me know.
Know the limits of your knowledge and the expanse of your ignorance--- yours truly

Wylde Bill

1shot

Checking in -- been running for NC State Senate District 7 so rather overloaded at the time being ---- I am here though 8-)

Stimey

Tareece, I am updating all our forum records and found your name.  That's why you never got anything until today.

The chatroom is at www.blogtalkradio.com/appleseedradio

I have no prejudice toward warrifles.com at this time.  I spot checked their forums and nothing stands out as particularly offensive to me.  You've been to an Appleseed, right?  Then you know what our mission is, and what we feel is important.  Do you feel that your beliefs place you in violation of our mission?  That's a question only you can answer.  For my own part, the only real disqualifier from our ranks is that one advocates a violent overthrow of the government by force of arms.  If warrifles.com or you yourself promote or advocate this agenda, then you will not be welcome here.  If not, come on down!  I will not turn away a helpful soul, as long as his heart is pure and his motives are noble and in keeping with the highest ideals of the original foundations of our country AND its system of government.  We can debate the finer points, but this is who we are.  

Stimey

Karl2500

The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint to keep from meddling with them while they do it.
~Theodore Roosevelt

paintballdude902

I am willing to die to keep them, are you willing to die trying to take them?

Stimey

Wylde, 1shot, glad you showed up.  As I said, I've been updating NC's records and I am glad to have made contact with you.  To all, I would like to set up the meeting this weekend.  

1.  Are you available for a mid-morning rally at either the gun show in Greensboro or the warehouse in Kernersville?  State your preference.

2.  Will weather be an issue with regard to your attendance?

The morning will be spent manning a table at the gun show and packing shoot boxes at the warehouse for our April17-18 shoots.

The meeting will be at the warehouse in Kernersville after lunch.  

post your thoughts!

Stimey

Welcome PBD!

Wylde, Tareece, PBD902, and 1shot:

please pm me with your city of residence, and contact information if you wish.  I will involve you in the program as much as you like.

steves4570

Stimey, If the snows not to deep I'll come on to K-ville sat morning to help out with box's. What time? Steve :~

Tareece

Quote from: Stimey on February 02, 2010, 09:22:16 PM

1.  Are you available for a mid-morning rally at either the gun show in Greensboro or the warehouse in Kernersville?  State your preference.
Is there a fee other than parking (admission to work??)
  I can do either..

'Fraid so...

The morning will be spent manning a table at the gun show and packing shoot boxes at the warehouse for our April17-18 shoots.

Would this be on the weekends like a Saturday?? (stupid question?)

Stimey

Hi, Steve!

Should have mentioned that time thing.  I'll be at the warehouse by 0830 or so, gun show starts at 0900.  I'm going to be very flexible due to the weather and the distances folks will be traveling.

Stimey

Will we have to pay to get in?  Depends on our status.  Fred says we have a table, so we should be listed as vendors and not charged.

Yes, the meeting will be on this Saturday the 6th.

Quote from: Tareece on February 02, 2010, 09:29:49 PM
Quote from: Stimey on February 02, 2010, 09:22:16 PM

Is there a fee other than parking (admission to work??)
  I can do either..

'Fraid so...

Would this be on the weekends like a Saturday?? (stupid question?)

FourIze

I'm here.  I should be at the gun show in GSO Saturday morning if the weather doesn't make it impossible.  I was wondering if we were working the show with the meeting planned for Saturday...
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
-Thomas Paine: The American Crisis, No. 4, 1777

Stimey

Very good question, and I'm glad you're here.  The answer is, I'm not sure yet.  The gun show is Fred's suggestion, and he hasn't given me any guidance, so I will make the decision on the fly.  For now, let's plan on sending a crew to both places in the morning, rally at a restaurant for lunch, then all head to the warehouse for the meeting.  I would like to keep a table manned at the show throughout the day, but I don't know how to compromise this with the meeting.  We may have to rotate out, or just forget the show in the afternoon.  Fred, if you're watching this thread, weigh in on this, OK?

hawkeye

Here! Lawson's trying to get on the state board but can't open it. What's the address of the warehouse?
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Wylde Bill

Stimey,

This weekend won't work for me.  I've been living in a camper near Columbia, SC since last March.  Gotta go where the work is...

I only get back to NC one weekend every month or so.

Stimey

I didn't tell you this before, but Scout asked me last week on the air how many North Carolinians would meet muster tonight.  I said we'd have at least a dozen.  With Bonden, hawkeye, and Law Man, we're at 13!  I am so encouraged by everyone's participation!

Ok, so the meeting is on for Saturday morning.  Need a crew to go to the gun show in Greensboro and another to go to the warehouse (somebody list the directions to both places, OK?).  Does anyone want to skip the meeting and work the show?

Tareece

Quote from: Stimey on February 02, 2010, 09:57:37 PM
 With Bonden, hawkeye, and Law Man, we're at 13!
Woo hoo!

QuoteOk, so the meeting is on for Saturday morning.  Need a crew to go to the gun show in Greensboro and another to go to the warehouse (somebody list the directions to both places, OK?).  Does anyone want to skip the meeting and work the show?

What is the time line like? will we be at the show for the entire day (8-10 hrs)?

Would it be better to work in shifts?

I would be ok for both events

txpirate

Stimey

Let's all talk about the show.  Do we want to work the show all day long? and run it in shifts?

Bonden

I'm game for the Saturday meeting or the gun show, barring deep snow.  Let me know where you need help.

Bonden

FourIze

I should be able to work a couple of hours at the show, weather permitting.  Don't know that I could work the whole day, but I could give you a few hours.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
-Thomas Paine: The American Crisis, No. 4, 1777