News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Virtual Muster night Feb 2nd 8:00pm EST.//////// CHECK IN HERE.////////

Started by B9, January 28, 2010, 09:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: Genmain on February 03, 2010, 12:23:34 AM
Sounds good, let me know when you will be at any New York shoots.  
Hudson Falls Feb. 13 & 14; Lake George May 15 & 16; New Bremen June 12 & 13; Burlington Flats July 17 & 18; Van Etten Aug 21 & 22; Saratoga Springs Sept 18 & 19; and maybe Albion Oct 16 & 17...

I'll be looking forward to meeting you.
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

KodyJaret

QuoteKody Jaret, VietVet, Genmain, and sweetpea - we have not yet met.  Are you signed up for any shoots yet this year?  I'm looking forward to meeting each of you!
MJA

I'll be at Elbridge,,,Maybe one or two others,,,look forward to meeting up.

B9

Quote from: nyrasgt on February 02, 2010, 11:56:51 PM
Recommend we invite/recruit those orphaned NJ shooters to join us either on Long Island or upstate NY...because there are states with worse laws than New York's...
  Then work on adding ranges and filling in the blanks in Eastern NY from outside the NYC limits (Westchester north)
up through the Catskills and Albany and points (ranges) north untill we hit SaraSpa...
   IBC 3/27-28 Dunham's Bay Fish and Game, Lake George, NY...right up the road from the Schuylerville - Battle of Saratoga site (Morgan's Riflemen...Tim Murphy...).
Exscelsior,
mad
nyrasgt

New Jersey is also now under the Regional Coordinator "VAshooter". We will work on getting back in there http://sjerseyshootingclub.com/
Should be easy as the club was very happy with how it went. Plus laying on asphalt all day in July is something everyone should do. It does make for easy brass clean up.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

B9

Quote from: Another D.O.M. on February 02, 2010, 11:18:13 PM
Kody Jaret, VietVet, Genmain, and sweetpea - we have not yet met.  Are you signed up for any shoots yet this year?  I'm looking forward to meeting each of you!
MJA

KodyJaret is perhaps the longest standing NY member here. VietVet is a Long Islander. Genmain is the guy that can not shoot less than 210 if he tried and sweetpea is the woman behind the curtain of the puppet B9. You may run into her now and again when I can convince her that 2 days at a shooting range IS what everyone else does on romantic vacations.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Nickle

A late check in. Though I'm not a New Yorker, I'm awfully close by, and do more events in NY than any other state, including my home state (VT).

I was on last night, as most of you know, and I was very busy.

B9, just tell her what Blueskys's wants when we finnaly get married (hopefully some day). Wedding at an Appleseed, and go do a Rifleman Boot Camp for the honeymoon. I truly am one lucky guy.

I do believe you're right on KodyJaret being the longest standing NY member here (unless one of the LI folks beat him). Imker got on the forum later, but between the 2 of them, NY is on the Appleseed map, and to stay.

There was a "First Strike" in Calverton years back, but like Lexington, the fire didn't catch. Van Etten in 2007 was the "Second Strike" and the fire took from there. I'm proud and honored to be a part of that (even if I did get thrown into "the deep end of the pool"). After a while, more folks came on board, and we have a good solid crew in NY today.

Folks, take heart knowing you have one of the best State Coordinators (B9) in your state, and I truly mean that.

I hope to see each and every one of you on the Appleseed Trail this year. Probably start my year off at the Lake George IBC in March (I actually used to be a member of the Dunham's Bay Club).
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: B9 on February 03, 2010, 07:53:56 AMNew Jersey is also now under the Regional Coordinator "VAshooter". We will work on getting back in there http://sjerseyshootingclub.com/
Should be easy as the club was very happy with how it went. Plus laying on asphalt all day in July is something everyone should do. It does make for easy brass clean up.
Well, at least it looks like the firing points are covered.  Couldn't find any pictures on the AAR for the shoot last July, though, so I may be wrong...
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: B9 on February 03, 2010, 09:29:22 AMKodyJaret is perhaps the longest standing NY member here. VietVet is a Long Islander. Genmain is the guy that can not shoot less than 210 if he tried and sweetpea is the woman behind the curtain of the puppet B9. You may run into her now and again when I can convince her that 2 days at a shooting range IS what everyone else does on romantic vacations.
Or when you get your own firing line set up in the back yard...

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: Nickle on February 03, 2010, 12:01:26 PMI hope to see each and every one of you on the Appleseed Trail this year. Probably start my year off at the Lake George IBC in March (I actually used to be a member of the Dunham's Bay Club).
Lake George sounds good.  Do you know where you'll be on April 17 & 18?  We need at least one shooter at Bennington...

B9

Quote from: Another D.O.M. on February 03, 2010, 12:23:23 PM
Quote from: B9 on February 03, 2010, 07:53:56 AMNew Jersey is also now under the Regional Coordinator "VAshooter". We will work on getting back in there http://sjerseyshootingclub.com/
Well, at least it looks like the firing points are covered.  Couldn't find any pictures on the AAR for the shoot last July, though, so I may be wrong...

No, the area we used is not. If looking at the overhead picture we were at the bay far left and forward of the others (High berms and in a pit).
Medea Benjamin

Nickle

Quote from: Another D.O.M. on February 03, 2010, 12:30:14 PM
Quote from: Nickle on February 03, 2010, 12:01:26 PMI hope to see each and every one of you on the Appleseed Trail this year. Probably start my year off at the Lake George IBC in March (I actually used to be a member of the Dunham's Bay Club).
Lake George sounds good.  Do you know where you'll be on April 17 & 18?  We need at least one shooter at Bennington...

Well, I seriously doubt I'll get away with taking THAT weekend as a shooter. Hee hee, I'd love to pull that stunt off.

I'll either be in Middlebury, VT or New Bremen, NY, as the Shoot Boss.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.