News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Simple Rifle Modifications to Help Adaptive Shooters.

Started by desertrat144, January 28, 2010, 02:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

desertrat144

This thread will link with other Boards and Threads to deal with rifle modifications that can help the Adaptive Shooter, along with the 'normal' shooter.  This may seem like a strange combination, but sometimes changing the angle of engaging the trigger may do the trick; maybe the amount of travel in the trigger may result in the shooter moving way off target when combined with movement issues.  
Please note, all articles are hyperlinked for your convenience.  Ed. Note: some folks have been getting error, or off limits  
messages on the hyperlinks, usually its a temporary error, but there are times... I'm posting the URLs until this can be cleared up. dr144

Again, I'm asking everyone in the Instructor Cadre to contribute any problems & 'fixes' to this thread.  You are not expected to be an 'expert' in gunsmithing, ADA Issues, &tc., but you have probably come across a problem and been exposed to a good 'working solution'- please pass it on.

To start this off: ThaiFighter has done an illustrated article on a quick fix to the Ruger 10/22 trigger over travel.

From gunville thread on Homemade Cheek Pads at http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=9203.0 for some great ideas for making padding, and non-permanent attaching methods.
Aside from cheek padding, the tips and tricks posted would be of great help for the Adaptive Shooter.

Rundownfid  has a great thread for all you Marlin 795 owners at http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10883.msg89727#msg89727.  Stop by and check it out.
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

AR10

the easiest over travel fix is to put a small piece of lead shot behind the plunger for the trigger.  this would be either #8 or #7.5.  a #6 might be to big.  the only other fix involves drilling and tapping either the trigger or the trigger guard to take a small allen screw.

Thanks, dr144

oladcock

The over travel link isn't working, or is it just me? :)...O.L.

H-m-m-m-m, I didn't have any problem with it.  Here's the URL: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=0aievqp0fjfq6jr7tt8poqr7c3&topic=11468.0;topicseen

Thanks for trying, I get this: "An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you." 
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

desertrat144

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

desertrat144

Dear Readers,

Thanks for stopping by.  If you have come or stumbled across an item that you think would fit here, please feel free to post it!

Thanks in advance,
Tom

desertrat144