News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

April 17-18 2010 NY Instructor staffing

Started by B9, January 27, 2010, 05:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B9

Burlington Flats  sgtrock, Xena, M1Tanker

Calverton   kDan, VietVet, bravo juliet mike, West 

Elbridge   B9, gunville, genmain, Josey Wales

New Bremen  Boltgun71, U.S.Cavalryman

Saratoga Springs Imker, R1sgx2, nyrasgt, tfelog

"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

B9

I think this is still where we are at. Comments?
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

R1SGx2

We need to get people to the IBC Lake George March 27 / 28 to help on the line(s). Me include, am going. Wish a PC on me wasn't lost last year. Will talk to Tfelog tomorrow night at club meeting., Heck. e-mailing him now.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

sgtrock

Working on advancement, for I realize the needs of the mission

B9

Quote from: R1sgx2 on February 02, 2010, 10:13:27 PM
We need to get people to the IBC Lake George March 27 / 28 to help on the line(s). Me include, am going. Wish a PC on me wasn't lost last year. Will talk to Tfelog tomorrow night at club meeting., Heck. e-mailing him now.

Could not get it cleared up? Oh well, guess we will see you in Albion end of Feb to make up the missing one. Have to check but I bet dogs are welcome and you could bring your pet too.
Medea Benjamin

Spanner

Quote from: sgtrock on February 02, 2010, 10:15:54 PM
Working on advancement, for I realize the needs of the mission

If I know you, you've already taken the 8th & 9th steps: Training your replacements!   ;)

See ya in Hudson Falls in a few.  I'll be the one blowing through a box of hankies  **)

" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

sgtrock

Thanks Spanner
Glad to see you will be there along with B9, My first AS instructors to watch over me, I am Humbled.,,  sgtrock

B9

Being we are a bit shy on Red Hats and IITs now is a good time to approch the idea of arranging two lines at Calverton. If we can do it we can double the capacity of the shoot. It would require another Red Hat.
Medea Benjamin

sgtrock

We should have another redhat this weekend, am I not correct? That would help alot.

B9

Yes, real good chance of a new Red Hat this weekend.
Still leaves us short if we add a line at Calverton and know there is a chance Nickle may need to be somewhere other than NY that weekend. I also worry ('cus that is what I do best) that new and old Red Hats will struggle with low IIT numbers and large shooter numbers. Can be done and has been done but I worry all the same.
Medea Benjamin

sgtrock

Now you sound like me, I thought only us old sargeants were like that, I will have a chance to conscript at my home range if need be,, theres a couple of old school riflemen that used to frequent Camp Perry for 20 yrs or so, they still have it in them to learn quick and bark out commands. I'm sure they would be proud to help out if need be. We'll do it!

VietVet

Just sending out my opinion here.......
   Calverton is my home range. I have attended 3 AS Shoots at this location and shoot there on a regular basis. The shoot for April is set up for 45 shooters. In December we had 21, last October we had about 32. There was room left, but not much. This shoot has already sold out or surely will (getting mixed #'s on this).
I think we are already at the point of needing that second line.
 I know kDan, B9 & Sgtrock all have done shoots here so you know the size of the area we use for our shoots. 45 Shooters on that line will be tight, very tight, if not too tight for comfort and or safety. To be honest I don't think we can fit 45 on that line.
 Again, this is my opinion.
 Thoughts?
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: VietVet on February 22, 2010, 10:43:47 PMJust sending out my opinion here.......
   Calverton is my home range. I have attended 3 AS Shoots at this location and shoot there on a regular basis. The shoot for April is set up for 45 shooters. In December we had 21, last October we had about 32. There was room left, but not much. This shoot has already sold out or surely will (getting mixed #'s on this).
 I know kDan, B9 & Sgtrock all have done shoots here so you know the size of the area we use for our shoots. 45 Shooters on that line will be tight, very tight, if not too tight for comfort and or safety. To be honest I don't think we can fit 45 on that line.
 Thoughts?
I'm thinking... 45 shooters @ 4'/shooter = 180' - nearly two thirds the length of a football field.  I'm thinking, One SB, One LB, two dedicated RSOs (meaning that's ALL they do, all the time), and seven or eight instructors.  Can it be done w/ less - of course it can!  Is it safe to do it with less - I'll leave that question to those who have more experience than myself.

No matter the eventual outcome, you folks are all 'heroes' in my book!  The only range south of Albany with potentially millions of shooters to train - you guys and gals are rockin'!
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

B9

Quote from: VietVet on February 22, 2010, 10:43:47 PM
Just sending out my opinion here.......
 Thoughts?

Sounds like the best idea is 2 lines and scare up a Red Hat.
Medea Benjamin

Vergeltung

If I can chime in here, heh heh, IIRC, the 45 figure was mine originally. it was my original estimate re calverton. I think it's about 5 too much. I was a bit over optimistic when I offered the figure. in a nutshell, I think VietVet is correct. so, if you have 40 confirmed already, close it up until you can be sure about a second line.

just my 2 cents.

gunville

40 is a REAL long line...  I shot on a line of 35 once (yes, those were the days, when we could shoot...) and don't recommend it.
-----------------------------
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

B9

Bump.

This is an all hands weekend.

Every NY Instructor is needed. We have shoots in PA that are also in need and several around the county if travel is your thing. Allemans PA had 60 plus shooters last year and may be one of the the nicest ranges in the NE.
Medea Benjamin

Josey Wales

..If you need to pull me off Calverton for another event just say so, Kdan and crew have it covered as of now.....I will go anywhere in the U.S. if need be............................JW................
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..