News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fresno, CA Jan 16-17

Started by DesertDog, January 19, 2010, 02:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertDog

Romeo's Hero and DoubleD had to leave early.  So I will start this AAR and she will fill in the rest.  Garand56 brought much needed DRY firewood and George joined the ranks of the IIT's.  Camping at the range is fun, especially when the coyotes are close and you can find them with your flashlight ;D

We had a great shoot as always.  25+ shooters showed up ready to go including BP with 7 or so of his corn fed farmer buddies O0 O0.  They had been shooting together for years and really took to the instruction.  RH has all the numbers, but this is what I had for Sunday.

Jim shot a 211 and  a 210. His son Alex who had shot Rifleman before shot several 210+ with a high of 222.  Will cranked out a 222 in the rain with his buddy BP, Rifleman already, had the high score with a 238.  There were a few shooters closing in on Rifleman that will be back in March.

Some pics

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Garand56

Lots of rain Sunday afternoon, and we started losing shooters after a few AQTs. Tough to persist when you can't keep targets on the backers, but we gave it the old patriot try anyway. Someone left a brand new Midway shooting mat behind, so if it's yous PM me and we'll work out a way to get it back to you.
We're surrounded...that simplfies the problem.

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

V

December in Piru it rained the whole weekend and everyone stuck it out to the bitter end. This weekend it started raining Sunday pm and people did indeed melt away... the difference between being initially prepared and being caught by surprise... they may be a life lesson in there somewhere...

LayloPro

the difference between being initially prepared and being caught by surprise... they may be a life lesson in there somewhere...

Golly, you don't suppose, do ya?? **) :bow: **)

I -love it- when you find a moral in the story!! O0
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Romeo's Hero

Hey All!

We got back from the Shot Show last Friday, and I am finally recovered enough to put in the AAR from Fresno.

First off I want to say thank you to Desert Dog, Garand56, and AR10 (George); Double D and I really appreciated you all stepping up so that we could make our flight out of Fresno. :bow: AR10 we welcome you to the team as a new orange hat and look forward to working with you.

Thank you also to Fresno Rifle and Pistol Club (FRCP). What a wonderful range to work with, they have gone above and beyond to make the Appleseed experience wonderful for all involved. In addition to everything that they do before a shoot, they also BBQ hot dogs with chili (for a very reasonable price) on both days of the shoot. The range is also offering $25 off a family membership to anyone who participated in the Appleseed (If you have a membership at the range there are no range fees to shoot there, including during an Appleseed).

We had a wonderful turnout, 23 shooters on Saturday and 18 returned for Sunday. There was a significant improvement in the the shooting ability from all our shooters, the size of the groups decreased, many learned how to adjust their sights; a few shooters were even doing adjustment on stock ruger sights (both 10/22 and the mini30  :---.)

During lunch on Saturday Garand shared the 1st strike, Desert Dog shared 2nd strike, and at the end of the day Double D finished up with 3rd strike. On subday the instructors shared the stories of dangerous old men and the determined dames, by the end I think we had a few tearful faces in the crowd and some, including me trying to hide it behind our hats.

Congratulations to those who shot their rifleman score. For everyone, continue dry fire practice at home and your marksmanship will improve. The more you practice the more better you will become.

Saturday Redcoat Tally
                     AM             PM
400                 0                2
300                 3                3
200                 2                6
100                 5                3
HS                  3                4
Cleared            0                1

I hope that all the shooters post about their experiences from the AS and we look forward to seeing you all again March 6-7 at FRCP.

"Romeo's Hero"
    Juliette
Rifleman's Cadence: one well placed shot every 2 to 3 seconds..... unless your hyperventilating (modified from AmbulanceDriver)

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user. - Theodore Roosevelt

BP

This is the BP who shot that 238 in the rain Sunday, thanks for coming out there for us, all you orange/red hats!

I was glad to be able to get so many friends to come this time.

Romeo's Hero

BP -

We were happy to be there! Congrats on the rifleman score, and in the rain no less. We look forward to seeing you at future shoots.

RH
Rifleman's Cadence: one well placed shot every 2 to 3 seconds..... unless your hyperventilating (modified from AmbulanceDriver)

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user. - Theodore Roosevelt