News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2010 AS events

Started by mtmisfit, January 13, 2010, 02:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtmisfit

We have April 17-18 in Three Forks.   :---

When/where do we want to do others?

June 5-6 - Boulder?
Aug 21-22 - Boulder?
Sept 12-19 - Three Forks?

Others?

I'm tied up with Fire Fighter and EMT classes through April 3rd or so. (only Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays though  ++))

:~
"Count it the greatest sin to prefer life to honor, and for the sake of living to lose what makes life worth having."

"Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea"

".. You MUST learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself..."

"central planning cannot work because it is trying to substitute an individual all-knowing intelligence for a distributed and fragmented system of localized but connected knowledge."

"Process and Procedure are the last hiding place of people without the wit and wisdom to do their job properly."

Mark Davis

Does that mean on Friday you can frequent the beer hall?
Those  dates sound good to me, but was Boulder on for april 17-18 also?

mtmisfit

I don't remember if Boulder was on for April or not.  Maybe Glocker, CZ or Glass remembers.....

Fridays are for cleaning gear, swapping training materials and preparing for the Saturday morning class. (some days I wish training were at the beer hall)
"Count it the greatest sin to prefer life to honor, and for the sake of living to lose what makes life worth having."

".. You MUST learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself..."

"central planning cannot work because it is trying to substitute an individual all-knowing intelligence for a distributed and fragmented system of localized but connected knowledge."

"Process and Procedure are the last hiding place of people without the wit and wisdom to do their job properly."

Mark Davis

I got the idea from a PM from Bru about the april in boulder, just a misunderstanding.

MontanaCZ

Well the dates are fuzzy from the meeting...

Three Forks:  April 17/18  Boot Camp is September 12-19

Boulder: AS shoots are to be in May, June, July, and late August(?).  There is a possibility of September I think.  We are also going to try sharing one of the weekends with the CAS group since they only take a couple of bays.

Glocker has all the stuff written down. This should be a full year for you guys, and one of the busiest in MT history.  Of course that was last year too.. :)

-CZ
"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering." The Doctor

mtmisfit

July and August will be a maybe for me.....as always, depends on the fire season.

If it's as bad as they are predicting June through October may be out.  They are discussing the possibility of million acre fires. Fires that grow to that size in hours or days not weeks.  Predictions are for a 1910 level fire season.

I'm hoping they are using the same data the global warming folks were using, e.g. bad data.

Mark Davis

Here are the dates for Montana Applessseds 2010.
Three Forks
April 17-18
Sept. 18-19
The Sept shoot will be proceded by a rifleman boot camp, designated as National training week. We are inviting instructors from all over the west to come out mingle, partake in the burned powder,and hoppes #9, and tell stories. Dates sunday Sept. 12-Fri. Sept. 17

Boulder,
May 15-16
June 5-6
July 17-18
Sept 4-5