News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dead Board?

Started by SamD, January 12, 2010, 01:23:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamD

All right folks,
Just persactly what's going on here?

Not hearing a thing about anyone doing any contact work on that list of ranges lately. Like for maybe 2 months !@#)

Then I hear we have defectors sneaking into Kalifornistan and hanging out at their shoots &)

Ya'll gonna be sneaking out behimd my back to work shoots in Canadia before long I 'spect.   

Let's see if we can do a little something for our own state.  Like maybe some range contact, a couple of phone calls, maybe a post on the board occasionally, volunteer for a shoot,  wear the Appleseed Sandwich board at the next gun show.

Sam

TaosGlock

I even heard a couple of NM folks "defected" to CO for an IBC. ::) It was minus 9 just a few days before they arrived. :o
Seems like NM is a better place to winter.

I agree, it's time for some new scenery.
Gotta gunshow at Dickerson's late next month. Time to give Stacy a call to get a free (501C3) table set up again.
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Precisely Advantageous

Its all about the cause ~~:) :) I'm originally from California and all my family resides there. I really wanted to bring them an Appleseed experience so they can experience it from a family perspective and more in tune to their pace. BaldDragn and company provided a well expercised Appleseed experience and I believe my family and friends recieved the message. It was a good mini and I believe we will all benefit from the commitment given last week as there are more Americans who will help pass on the word and help us with our mission of educating and empowering the nation.
"If the solution has never been to look in yourself, how is it that you expect to find it any where else?"

SamD

Just jerking yer chain PA.

When I can't hear the elevator music in the background, I get thinking the elevator is ready to fall.

Is anyone going to contact them ranges?

Fred

~~:)     ~~:)     ~~:)     ~~:)     ~~:)     ~~:)     ~~:)     ~~:)

Attaboy, Sam!

The more you beat 'em, the more they know you care! O0

Still and all, with only two other people responding, sounds like you may need to do even more flogging... >:D
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

freefyrefly

For some reason my posts are not appearing.  :( But I'm so Happy you missed us!!!! Wish we could have made it down to alamo, bet you guys had a blast! N as for defecting to California, we could never do that when theres so much to be done here in NEw MExico!!! But Ryan went to visit his fam n they're a tough crowd, couldn't get them to come to appleseed so we had to take appleseed to them. It was pretty awesome, Loved meeting Baldragon, Jules, and Nuke Chaser and the others. Those californians are lucky to have such a great bunch running things. Almost as lucky as NM is for having SamD, TaosGlock, Bluefeather, Devnull, and everyone else!! Hope to see all my friends again soon!!!  :---

Another D.O.M.

(Shhhhhh...  Don't tell SamD I said this, but you fellows are welcome to come to an upstate New York winter shoot any time you need to get out of the heat for a bit.

wait a minute....

he's standing right behind me, isn't he?)
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

BobABQ

Quote from: Another D.O.M. on January 12, 2010, 06:08:12 PM
(Shhhhhh...  Don't tell SamD I said this, but you fellows are welcome to come to an upstate New York winter shoot any time you need to get out of the heat for a bit.

wait a minute....

he's standing right behind me, isn't he?)

Hmmmmm.
What part of "Upstate New York?"

Actually, I think SamD has scared everyone away from this section of the board.

Just kidding.

SamD

I know you wouldn't 'defect" but I have to jerk your chain periodically to check.

Quotehe's standing right behind me, isn't he?

Look over your shoulder  &)

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: SamD on January 14, 2010, 02:21:35 PMLook over your shoulder  &)

I thought so.  You don't seem the type to miss much, if anything.  You folks run a tight ship there.

Quote from: BobABQ on January 14, 2010, 01:15:48 PMHmmmmm.
What part of "Upstate New York?"

Capital District and Saratoga regions - Albany, Schenectady, Troy and farther north into Saratoga Springs, Lake George, etc.  The daytime temp today was above 30 for the first time in three or four weeks I think; and the wind chill has hovered right in the single-digits mainly since before Christmas.  Our next Appleseed in Hudson Falls will be indoors; however, they have a couple scheduled at the DAR in Barre Center (about 30 minutes from Buffalo) outdoors during the winter.  The guy who owns the place says typically they get about 12 to 14 feet of snow per year, and 15 to 20 foot drifts are common.

The older I get, the less I appreciate a good 18" snowfall...
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

BobABQ

I remember snow from when I lived in upstate New York.

On second thought I'll skip N.Y. in the wintertime.

Besides I need to finish my final semester of college and graduate before I can seriously contemplate doing anymore Appleseeds.

freefyrefly

I'll gladly come to upstate new york! Just make sure I keep some flares on me so I don't get lost in a snow drift, since i'm only 5'2  **) And you polar bears are welcome to come work a new mexico shoot in august, it'll be about 110 F  ;D
I just love this program.. already feelin the 'connectedness'  :) :)

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: freefyrefly on January 23, 2010, 06:00:21 PMAnd you polar bears are welcome to come work a new mexico shoot in august, it'll be about 110 F  ;D

A hunnert 'n ten what?  Isn't that the flash point of paper or something?  And that's in the shade?

I vaguely remember very brief periods of temps like that when I was growing up.  Of course, then nothing really bothered us, we just went about the business of being kids.  Pants legs frozen solid playing in the snow in winter, so hot it made your head pound like it would explode playing baseball in the summer, it didn't matter.  It was just life, to be savored one day at a time.

Not so much has changed now, other than my growing intolerance for discomfort.  I find it still needs to be savored...

FWIW, when and if I am ever able, I would like to run the Appleseed circuit like  a Dead Head - at least one event in every state.  You learn things that way:  about people, about our nation, and about the heritage.  And especially about yourself - what you're made of.

BobABQ

Quote from: Another D.O.M. on January 23, 2010, 10:13:46 PM
Quote from: freefyrefly on January 23, 2010, 06:00:21 PMAnd you polar bears are welcome to come work a new mexico shoot in august, it'll be about 110 F  ;D

A hunnert 'n ten what?  Isn't that the flash point of paper or something?  And that's in the shade?

Don't worry; it is a dry heat. :cool2:

freefyrefly

Quote from: Another D.O.M. on January 23, 2010, 10:13:46 PM

I vaguely remember very brief periods of temps like that when I was growing up.  Of course, then nothing really bothered us, we just went about the business of being kids.  Pants legs frozen solid playing in the snow in winter, so hot it made your head pound like it would explode playing baseball in the summer, it didn't matter.  It was just life, to be savored one day at a time.

Not so much has changed now, other than my growing intolerance for discomfort.  I find it still needs to be savored...

FWIW, when and if I am ever able, I would like to run the Appleseed circuit like  a Dead Head - at least one event in every state.  You learn things that way:  about people, about our nation, and about the heritage.  And especially about yourself - what you're made of.

Well Said! Very inspiring

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: BobABQ on January 24, 2010, 02:39:47 AMDon't worry; it is a dry heat. :cool2:
Yeah - that's what bothers me.  I've seen those mummies from Egypt and those dudes don't look so good...

oladcock

Well it's 28 right now, 20-30 mph, snowing sideways. I love this global warming!  :cool2: ....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

Devnull

Quote from: oladcock on January 28, 2010, 12:41:54 PM
Well it's 28 right now, 20-30 mph, snowing sideways. I love this global warming!  :cool2: ....O.L.

I know, right? I hope this global warming keeps up. I REALLY want to use a sled and a team of dogs for my morning communte!  **)
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."