News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Phoenix After Action Report

Started by Rumpshot, October 21, 2007, 12:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kool aid

Quote from: Go 4 TLI on October 24, 2007, 12:03:21 AM

RWVA partisan, bon vivant, and fashon disaster kool aid: be afraid. Be very afraid

Take a moment and remember the kind of man you chose to be when you got yourself out of that last scrape. Maybe you prayed that you would be different if he delivered you. Maybe you found hope here you thought unreachable. Do not concern yourself with anything 'els THAT. Make the mission first.

SilverWhiskers

I wondered in Sunday Afternoon just after lunch. I was impressed by the nice selection of rifles available for purchase. The DCM rifles are worth looking over.

When I stumbled over to the range Fred saw me the piontedly paused and said: Butt Shot Commanchie ???? I said no, Fred. Silverwhiskers. From Oklahoma. So he said: Well you got your gun?? Then go to it! It's nice to see you here again. Where is Will?

For an Oklahoma guy I had fun! It might be old hat to you  guys. I had never before shot in blowing sand. That stuff blew everywhere. Everybody had a great time, myself included.

Silverwhiskers iin Oklahoma City

Fred

Silver, it felt like "old home week" when you showed up.

Being at two Appleseeds in two successive weekends must be an experience!

Thanks for making the effort to being there - and next time, I don't care what "Buttshot Comanche" says, he's gotta come with you, too! ;D ;D (And he'll be kicking himself for not coming to this one, once you regale him with the "wind" stories!)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

MOGromit

After doing the Osage Beach one the previous weekend and then PHX this past weekend, all I can say is that I wish IN was closer.

BC is too far away in time....

AZ

kool aid

Quote from: AzGromit on October 25, 2007, 02:37:27 AM
After doing the Osage Beach one the previous weekend and then PHX this past weekend, all I can say is that I wish IN was closer.

BC is too far away in time....

AZ

Davilla, brother.
Take a moment and remember the kind of man you chose to be when you got yourself out of that last scrape. Maybe you prayed that you would be different if he delivered you. Maybe you found hope here you thought unreachable. Do not concern yourself with anything 'els THAT. Make the mission first.

MOGromit

Some more pictures, mostly of the firing line.

Rumpshot had an incident with the light fixture over his head.  Either an ejected case or a Garand clip got a little too high.  Last three pics.

AZ Gromit

Fred

Pictures are always nice, AZ.  :D

Thanks for posting them...
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

Rumpshot

AZGromit,
Thanks for the pictures.  You are going to ruin my reputation posting a photo of me grinning like that.  Everyone thinks I am an old grouch.  The picture makes it look like I am having fun.  Pretty amazing with my poor shooting, and a pulled muscle in my ribcage/diaphram area.

Rumpshot

PS would you like frys with that?
Member Arizona Apple Core.
Appleseeds are formed in the Apple Core.

AZSongdog

I really regret not being able to make this, especially after all the pics and raves, but something came up...

Any chance of one being held down here nearer to Tucson? Maybe the Tucson Rifle Club out in 3 Points?

Thanks

Fred

AZ, it will happen if you MAKE it happen. I'd suggest you PM Rumpshot, as he's working on several AZ locations, and may already have this one in the hopper, so to speak. Otherwise, talk to the people at your suggested location and see what response you get. (BTW, there's a good technique listed here somewhere on the best way of approaching a club - surprisingly, just walking up and asking them to support a pure 2A program won't work - usually! Use the search function and look up "club approval 2A", which ought to ferret it out...)

SilverWhiskers

Hi Fred and All,

Thanks for the kind words! I have some extra time this fall and hope to see you guys again! In the meantime ........... I need to get my Garand and M1-A1 both fixed up with complete sight sets, preferably National Match. They don't have to be new, just good and not messed up! Any advice I can get regarding who has any will be greatly appreciated! I have found several types. The regular peep sight and a globe sight. What do folks find to work best when they are in their 50's???

Will says hi and the ButtShotComanche will be out in Boulder City in January. I don't think they will let him loose until then!

Thanks,

SilverWhiskers/OKC