News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ohio Gun Shows

Started by Panama, January 02, 2010, 11:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panama

Does anyone have a way to get a listing of the gun shows coming up over the winter? I think it would be beneficial to us to get a schedule of these gun shows set up and have volunteers man these shows to help attract new shooters.
NRA certified Instructor
US Army Veteran

GoldFish

"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

GoldFish

"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

MeanStreaker

I know of most major shows across the state.

We'll be discussing this in Feb at the IBC when we're all together, but I have a tentative plan given our limited resources.  I've already talked to four or five people in the NW area about heading up shows in that area.  That will help Gibsonburg and Lima (which is a club that I hope is a definite for us that I'm presenting to on Jan 27).  Since Gibsonburg is the only Ohio location that doesn't  sell out, I'm thinking that will be where we start and then spread to other shows around new locations.

I have put out feelers throughout the state to see if people can staff other shows, but I haven't heard back with a lot of interest thus far.  To be honest, all of our volunteers to this point are Instructors, except for two in the NW area, and all of those Instructors say they're doing all they can, so we don't have a big pool of non-Instructor volunteers to draw from.  Even though this hasn't hurt us thus far since Gibsonburg is the only place that doesn't sell out...... I'm hoping this will change in 2010 and we have a dedicated group of people for promotions on top of Instruction.

If there are others reading this that disagree and for some reason we haven't talked yet, please PM me and I'd love to get other gun show tables going!
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

hawkhavn

Ohio folks,

Howdy from your neighbors!  Here's a link to the Indiana gun show materials:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=5623.msg52776#msg52776

We use a regional flyer for Appleseed handouts which includes OH as well as KY, TN, MI, and IL.  We see a lot of folks from across the country at the Indy 1500 and try to have a list/map of where shoots will be.
Any thing we can do to help out, holler!

Hawkhavn
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Panama

I have been able to get information on the major shows. I am trying to find information on the smaller ones. There is a show 3 or 4 times a year at my County fair grounds. I never know about it unless I drive by and see it posted on the sign. By then it is too late to set up coverage, and most times I missed the show altogether.

I am less than 10 miles from Gibsonburg, so I am sure this would help getting the spots on the line sold out.

One other thing I need to get done is print off flyers for Gibsonburg and spend a day taking the to local gun shops and clubs and post them on the bulletin boards. Anyone have any ideas of other places we could hang these?
NRA certified Instructor
US Army Veteran