News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Way to go GoldfishGunr! (Letter to the Editor)

Started by MeanStreaker, December 16, 2009, 11:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanStreaker

Great job man!  Letters to the Editor are seen by thousands and thousands.  All of us should write something similar and submit as the April 18 weekend approaches.  But we'll talk more about that later.  ;)

Anyway, great job David!

-------------------------------------------------

http://www.athensnews.com/editorial/letters/29860-appleseed-project-stresses-gun-safety-and-constitutional-rights

Wednesday, 09 December 2009 23:02

To the Editor:

"Where marksmanship met history and the heritage began..." This statement summarizes a movement that is quickly sweeping across the nation: Project Appleseed. A non-profit organization, Project Appleseed facilitates weekend-long events where attendees learn about three things: early U.S. history, how the Founding Fathers' principles formed our heritage, and rifle marksmanship. At these events, instructors vividly detail the battles of Lexington and Concord in addition to the events leading up to them and the rest of the Revolutionary War, all while providing insights into the Founding Fathers' thoughts and ideas.

Creating a family-friendly environment and encouraging everyone to come, regardless of age or gender, Project Appleseed teaches the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship in a safe and controlled manner.

Instructors also explain how to responsibly bear arms, as Americans have the constitutionally protected right to do. Project Appleseed is taking steps to get this nation back to the principles on which it was founded and you can, too.

Start getting involved by checking out http://appleseedinfo.org.

David Driscoll
Athens
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Garand69

Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

desertrat144

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Fred

This - ahem! - could be done by others - particularly about a week before an AS is coming to town.

Which you would direct people to, in the last sentence of your LTE... O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

GoldFish

I can't believe I just got a compliment from FRED! :bow: :bow:  

That's a great idea, Fred, about sending one in a few weeks before an Appleseed; in Athens I think we are going to have 4 or 5 this year, so I'll probably send a few more in next year.

---GFG
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity