News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

KWSC next Saturday Jan 9th.

Started by wildman, January 02, 2010, 08:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildman

Don't forget so grab your smoke pole and show up at the range by 09:00.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

hawkeye

I plan on being there for with the regular crew. This is the only time we get to shoot scopes so I'm bringing the M1C and see how it shoots I shoot with it. Keatons shooting the 1903A4 and Lawson shooting his Mauser with a new to him 1930s vintage scope. Bring the cold weather gear.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

wildman

30% chance of snow Thursday night Friday AM very fitting for the KWSC.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

DuaneRN

Snow. :sos:
I see I'll be bringing Mr. Heater.

Heavy Cav

I'll be bringing an AR and a 91 hope one works in the snow.

Hoping somebody brings that Garand I've been looking to try out.
22LR, .223, .308, 30-06, NEXT...

hawkeye

I always seem to bring an extra Garand or three. Your welcome to try one out, once you hear that ping nothing else will do. Who else is coming?
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

DuaneRN

Me and Mr. Heater will be there.
www.MrHeater.com

JohnnyReb

I will be coming with the new HK93 clone. Hotdogs too.
One Bank to rule them all, one Bank to find them, one Bank to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

wildman

Hey Reb, will you being wearing shorts?

JohnnyReb

One Bank to rule them all, one Bank to find them, one Bank to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

txpirate

I'll be there.
Stimey may be, too.

Wildman,
About how many rounds will the course of fire be?

wildman

There are 36 targets. Two rounds max/target. So the answer is 36 to 72 plus zero rounds.  I sure wouldn't cut it that close. Better to take some home rather than run short.

The Kid

Hey guys,

Really looking forward to this event.  It is going to be cold though. Maybe the ground will be frozen so we can do counter attack!  To the questions about ammo.  I bring a 30 cal can filled with 30-06 and that ALWAYS get me through the day. I average about 120-150 rounds max depending on counter attack and how many rounds I shoot at the gongs  :---  .   

See you there.

The Kid
"I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom." Lincoln

FourIze

I'll be there with a scope on my AR and a new M1A I want to try out.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
-Thomas Paine: The American Crisis, No. 4, 1777

branson1369

I will be there with my Tikka/cold weather gear and not so fond memories of Grunt COld Weather Survival training "Hard Corp"

Semper Fi

7.62BBQ

I will not be able to shot at this weekends KWSS. I have to work, but I'll be at the next one.

Kevin

Heavy Cav

Guess I should have brought the AR.  The 91 expired :-[.  At least Jonny Reb figured out what was wrong with it.  Thanks JR.  Guess I'll have a new reciever next trip out with the 91.
22LR, .223, .308, 30-06, NEXT...

branson1369

Outstanding shoot ran by WIldman (Thanks Big Time) great test of your skills, kit and how to use both. Well worth dealing with the cold weather.

Koma

Wildman, for all the work you and others do to get the shoot ready for myself and others, I THANK YOU ALL. Always fun no matter what the weather. 

wildman

Saturday we had perfect weather for the KWSC the temperature didn't get out of the 30's. Jason M must really like the cold 'cause he had the high score. An almost perfect round. Jason shot a 176 out of 176. Overall 8 out of 15 shooters shot qualifying scores of at least 140 out of 176. There maybe one more qualified but I think he took off with his score sheet.

I swear sometime before I am done ramrodding these field shoots I am going to run one where there are no pop up failures. We have learned to take'em in stride and just keep going.

Thanks fellows for coming I know it takes a lot effort on your part to do but without you there wouldn't be any fields shoots. We had several new faces and hopeful they will be motivated enough to come again. I am already looking forward to the next shoot in February, the Iceman on the 20th. The shoot on the 20th will include the Morgan's Crew COF.

hawkeye

Wow, Jason you've been holding back on us, Great shooting. I was very happy to see such a large turn out on such a cold day. Lots of great shooting rifles at the range that day and plenty of good shooters. I need to work on shooting with that offset scope on the M1C I'll be better prepared next year. Here's a few pictures of the shoot, the first one is Our man Jason taking his turn shooting with his spotter and scorer.You could really see the wake of the bullet easily in the dense cold air.  The second is of some of the rifles on line waiting their turn to shoot.