News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

March 2010 NY Instructor Boot Camp/April 2010 readiness.

Started by B9, December 29, 2009, 07:33:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B9

Just so everyone remember how it works. IBC's get attendees to commit then we get it on the schedule. An IBC in March would work well as we can use the April 19th shoots to finalize your IBC.
Possible locations are Albion in western NY and/or Hudson Falls in eastern NY. HF does have the advantage of being closer to more prospective attendees and folks to staff it.

April 19th will be an "All hands on deck" weekend. Time to start getting ready.

All Instructors (IIT's are Instructors) should be checking the 2010 schedule now and signing up. First come first served, we can not all be at one shoot, so pick your favorite.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Nickle

Let's start getting an SI or MI lined up to run it.

Hudson Falls would likely be myself, Crak or kDan.

Albion would likely be kDan or Dinky Dao, or one of the midwestern SI's or MI's.

They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

crak

Did we get this date nailed down yet?

I have a guy from MA who wants to go.  (uh... other than me)
Check your drama at the door.

B9

It will be  Hudson Falls March 20-21 or 27-28.

nyrasgt is point man on this. Should know in the next day or so.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

kDan

Quote from: Nickle on December 29, 2009, 11:28:30 AM
Let's start getting an SI or MI lined up to run it.

Hudson Falls would likely be myself, Crak or kDan.

Albion would likely be kDan or Dinky Dao, or one of the midwestern SI's or MI's.

Just tell me when and where.  I'm in.
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

nyrasgt

Hudson Falls IBC 3/27-28 is 99% set... New York, Vermont, and New Hampshire IITs should start putting that weekend on their calendars and planning to attend.  Hudson Falls will also be a Heritage IBC as we're only about 15 miles from the Saratoga Battlefield Park (actually in Schuylerville, NY), where the Brits really got whupped (and, realizing same, surrendered...).

Also, I notice there's an Appleseed scheduled for John Ross' range in Alton, Ill.  Appleseeders are most likely aware that John Ross is the author of the primary novel of the Gun Culture, "Unintended Consequences." (Full disclosure:  I have a copy autographed by both the author and his significant other, Tammy Chapman).  The novel (861 pages)
should be required reading for anyone involved with firearms, particularly if shooting on the Ross range (it's in the book as Henry Bowman's range).

Excelsior, and see you at  Hudson Falls in February and March,
mad
nyrasgt
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

sgtrock

Hi Ya nyrasgt
      Autograghed you say, by both, that's awesom, I read that book, What a book indeed!!!
   I'll be seeing you in Feb my friend.
                         sgtrock

VietVet

When will we know when the date and location are 100% set. I'd like to make this one. Would I qualify?
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

B9

Quote from: VietVet on January 12, 2010, 10:07:52 PM
When will we know when the date and location are 100% set. I'd like to make this one. Would I qualify?

Yes, you qualify. The Hudson Falls location has a scheduling conflict. nyrasgt is working on Dunhams Bay right in the same area for March 27-28. Should know something concrete very soon.
Medea Benjamin

kDan

Quote from: VietVet on January 12, 2010, 10:07:52 PM

Rich,

If you make this IBC and we can get you up  to red hat for 4/17, you may be able to run a second line at Calverton.  I already talked to Harry about it and he says it's a go for a second line.  Are you scheduled to work any other events this winter?  You can pm me with a reply.  I don't' want to hijack this thread.   

B9 - I guess that info's for you too.  We think Calverton will sell out and we'll need it.  Josie Wales may be ready as well. 

One other thing...  Harry says we can run an event in March too.  Heck, we could run an event there this week-end as far as he's concerned.  B9 - pm me and let me know what you think about that.  Is it wise to run an event so close to the big day?  I know what everybody says, go, go, go... but let me know what you think.  I don't want to draw away from 4/17, especially if we run two lines.
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

R1SGx2

"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

VietVet

OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

nyrasgt

As of this evening, both the Lake George IBC 3/27-28 and the Appleseed shoot 5/15-16 at Dunham's Bay Fish and Game Club have been (unofficially) confirmed.  The club president, Sean Garvey, is sending the signed Host App to NY State Coord.
   Given that IBC is 2 months away and just prior to all-hands April weekend, NY IITs (as well as any from Vt, NH, etc.) should be checking their schedule.  Lovely area, just south of Lake George, and not many miles north of the Saratoga Battlefield, site of huge significance later in the war.
  May AS:  club has 50 covered firing points outdoors.
FYI:  for these two events, no on-site camping will be allowed.
Hope to see lots of folk at this new venue.
Excelsior,
mad
nyrasgt
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

R1SGx2

Hey VietVet, welcome home... Will be looking for you down the trail.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."