News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Philadelphia, OH - New Location for 2010!!!

Started by MeanStreaker, December 27, 2009, 12:44:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanStreaker

Hear ye!  Hear ye!  Hear ye!

How would you feel if I told you about a range just outside of New Philadelphia (40 minutes south of Canton, east-central OH) where we can fit 75 shooters?  What if I threw in: a beautiful location... modern facilities and clubhouse... concessions offering lunch... camping encouraged...

Sounds pretty great right?  What else could we ask for?!

Oh yeah, how about:

A 600 yard range!    :~

^:)^

I know I couldn't be more excited!

I first talked to members of the Tusco Rifle Club in New Philadelphia last winter.  Those members have apparently been spreading the word since the club President replied after I contacted him that they have heard good things about The Appleseed Project and would love to host us.

You'll have a chance to see this absolutely beautiful range for yourself on April 17-18 and June 19-20.  

The Event Information Page with more details can be found HERE.

Registration for April 17-18 is found HERE.
Registration for June 19-20 is found HERE.

Oh yeah.....  be prepared for a few more of these types of announcements in the next couple months.   :cool2:
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

RedNekEngr

Awesome!!!!  This might have to be one of those where an instructor just goes to hone their own skills instead of instruct. :---  Great work Mike.
"If we did all the things that we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves." - Thomas Edison
"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."- Ronald Reagan

velcro8ball

You scheduled me here, I could have way too much fun. I look forward to helping out. I may even bring a rifle. Mosin anyone?

MeanStreaker

hehe, my strong hope (not promise, just hope) is that Instructors can rotate out and take time at the 600 yard range.

I know for a FACT that in June that will be the case, as well as any additional dates New Phila is generous enough to invite us.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)