News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

DASHBOARD: Colebrook - March 20-21, 2010 Status & Task List

Started by CortJestir, December 22, 2009, 02:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CortJestir

Status and Task List for:
Colebrook Appleseed - March 20-21, 2010
Last Updated: March 18, 2010

Event Information

Location:The Northwestern CT Sportsmen's Association - Colebrook, CT
Date:March 20-21, 2010
Shoot Boss:kDan, CortJestir (SBIT)
Instructors/IITs:TOMINCT, vernic82, crak, Rifleman Mike (? Day 1 Only?)
Pre-Registrations: 15/30
Event Information Page:http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11026.msg90782;topicseen#msg90782
Pre-Registration Page:http://www.eventbrite.com/event/520206953
Flyer Download: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=11026.0;attach=18519

Tasks / Action Items
These items below require action. Please respond in this thread to volunteer and complete a task or fill a role.
Items with names and dates in parens have been assigned and are in progress. Items with a strike are complete.

Logistics, Administrative and Staffing

• Host contacted
  • Present to club's Board of Directors (TOMINCT)
  • Event scheduled with Host
  • Host Application signed and submitted (TOMINCT)
  • EIP information submitted (TOMINCT)
  • Shoot Boss needed
  • Red Hats welcome
  • Orange Hats welcome
  • Management of target backers and shoot supplies (TOMINCT)
  • Pre-shoot setup

Promotional Tasks

• Distribute Event Flyers at Newington Gun Exchange, Hoffman's, JoJo's, Milford Gun and Safe, other gun stores
  • Distribute Event Flyers at CT public ranges (All volunteers)
  • Post event information at your gun club / Mention Appleseed at your gun club's next meeting (All volunteers)
  • Post event information at CTShooting.com
  • Post event information at Northeastshooters.com
  • Post event information at AR15.com
  • Post event information at TheFiringLine.com
  • Post event information at TheHighRoad.org
  • Other promotional tasks?

Promotional Efforts to Date

• Flyers distributed at Sportsman's Outpost, Wolcott
  • Event posted at thefiringline.com
  • Event posted at northeastshooters.com
  • Email sent to CT Appleseeders Email List
  • Flyers distributed at The Outpost, Norwich
  • Flyers distributed at North Cove Outfitters, Old Saybrook
  • Flyers distributed at Northeast Field and Stream, Middlefield
  • Event posted at ar15.com
  • Flyers distributed at Chase R&P, Bristol F&G, Concordia SS, Fusco's auto salvage, F&S auto parts and NWCSA
  • Flyers distributed at Hoffmanns, NGX , BMG, the 2 Army Navy Stores on the Berlin Pike and Center Sports
  • Flyers distributed at Metacon Gun Club
  • Flyers distributed at K-5 Arms Exchange, Milford
  • Event posted at CTGunTalk.com
  • Event posted to Project Appleseed in CT Facebook Fan Page
  • Flyers distributed at Connecticut Sporting Arms, North Branford

CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

CortJestir

Thanks, TOMINCT, for setting up this shoot! More to come at the NWCSA for the rest of 2010 soon!  ..:..

TOMINCT

Promo materials posted at Chase R&P, Bristol F&G, Concordia SS, Fusco's auto salvage, F&S auto parts and NWCSA. A stack of national event fliers was passed along and handed out at the NWCSC annual dinner this past friday. I'll hit the earlier stops and post more of the new state fliers this weekend.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

CortJestir

Thanks, Tom. Let's get those pre-registrations up, folks. We're going to have to start dragging folks to the line on this one. So get out your phone, warm up the computer for some emailing, and start your engines, people. This event ain't gonna sign up shooters by itself.

CT Volunteers: now's the time to take another 7th Step - no matter how large or small. Pick up the phone, talk to your friends, neighbors, co-workers, whomever. Post flyers where you can and email 'em when you can't post 'em. Facebook, Tweet, IM, SMS if you're so inclined. Let's get the word out and fill that line. We've got 15 or so volunteers here in CT. If each one of you committed to getting one person to come to this shoot, we'd fill up about half the line. So let's commit to bringing 2, shall we?  :~

And if they can't make Colebrook for whatever reason, send 'em to Hartford!

vernic82

I'm sending a mass email to all my emails I've compiled, pistol courses, etc....Also posted flyers at Hoffmanns, NGX , BMG, the 2 Army Navy Stores on the Berlin Pike and Center Sports yesterday.

Quote from: CortJestir on March 04, 2010, 02:57:41 PM
Thanks, Tom. Let's get those pre-registrations up, folks. We're going to have to start dragging folks to the line on this one. So get out your phone, warm up the computer for some emailing, and start your engines, people. This event ain't gonna sign up shooters by itself.

CT Volunteers: now's the time to take another 7th Step - no matter how large or small. Pick up the phone, talk to your friends, neighbors, co-workers, whomever. Post flyers where you can and email 'em when you can't post 'em. Facebook, Tweet, IM, SMS if you're so inclined. Let's get the word out and fill that line. We've got 15 or so volunteers here in CT. If each one of you committed to getting one person to come to this shoot, we'd fill up about half the line. So let's commit to bringing 2, shall we?  :~

And if they can't make Colebrook for whatever reason, send 'em to Hartford!
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

CortJestir

Not bad, everyone. We more than doubled the number of shooters last week - up 5 from 4 to make a total of 9. We still have a ways to go though and T-11 days until the event. Keep working it and while you're at it, let's start getting Hartford numbers up.

Thanks for the hard work, everyone.

CJ

TOMINCT

Everything is going well, I think we'll have a few walk ins with the weather in our favor. There should be some space available. Tom.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13