News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

OPERATION MOOOOOOOSE JAAAAAAW AAR!!!

Started by Garand69, December 20, 2009, 06:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garand69

Dashing through the snow...

In my rusty pick em up truck...

Through the fields we go...

laughing all the way...

then the tie rod breaks...

and the spirits fall.....

but oh what fun we wouldn't have missed if we got to Moose Jaw on time...hey!

Jingle bells, apathy smells, ignorance laid an egg,

the Wisconsin crew came down too, and kept laziness at bay! Hey!!

Hmmmm, I'm thinking I'm missing something important.....

FOLKS THANK YOU FOR MAKING IT OUT TO MOOSE JAW....ALL 45 OF YOU!!!!!!!

For those who couldn't make it due to weather and other insurmountable issues, we understand and hope to see you at the next one!! (or of course sooner!!!)

I must apologize for tying the show up a bit with my [t]rusty pick 'em up breaking a tie-rod on the way home, but it is better than on the highway going to a shoot!

But one thing that is proving itself time and time again, when you have a good team, you can lose one and you're still handled!

And handled it was, with Mrs. Pappy working the door and Pappy and EEL making sure the seating was just right so that my Yoots #1 through #4 were spread out all over the dining room (EEL, I know the truth, M.E. Told me you rearranged everybody to hassle me and my laka-ona-timis ;) )

What a great time and a wonderful chance to have everyone in the same room, many of which haven't even met yet!

This all started back in November when we chose to invade the Moose Lodge for our Post Shoot Dinner meeting. The food was excellent, the atmosphere was perfect, and I looked at Pappy and asked him what he thought about a year end dinner after he got back from Pvt Boomer_EOD's graduation from EOD School. It took about a whole 2.59 seconds for him to agree, and the rest is history. Pappy booked it, confirmed a menu and Taaa Daaa Operation Moose Jaw was a go!!!

It was important to me that this was a Family orientated event. I wanted the wives, husbands, and of course the kids to come to an Appleseed related event and get a peek at the kind of folks that their spouses and/or mothers/fathers work with when they are on the Appleseed Trail.

Promotion is everything, and if you can't promote your passion to your family, how far will you be able to go down the trail???

My truck troubles brought Charlie06, WetFoot, M1, M2, GoatGirl, and I, just in the nick of time to get on the tail end of the chow line (1st lap). We sat down between Viper and Patriot Gal and enjoyed a very well prepared dinner and tried to catch up a bit with what we may have missed.

After Dinner, we had a few things to address.

I covered the need to work as a team using 3-man teams, I brought up the need to focus on the task at hand while ignoring the many distractions floating around us, and that 2010 schedule needs to be covered as soon as possible. The Incentives were brushed upon, 12 Shoots in 2010 gets you and your better half a mini-vacation. 5 border raids gets you a nifty Border Raider patch, etc etc

EEL, went over the Do's and Don'ts of the Appleseed IIT. Of course EEL always has to take it up a notch....so he had handouts! Why I oughttaaaaa

He also covered the Sparta 300 Shoot and how we will put 300 Appleseeder's on the firing line the weekend of Sept. 11th 2010!!

All of us went over many many other things, and EEL, Pappy, and I had an excellent opportunity to discuss all things Appleseed with IL IIT's and a good chunk of the Wisconsin Appleseed Crew! Thanks for coming down Colycat, OldGlory, Awwshoot and the 2 Yoots!

The kids really added to the fun. I wanted to pick up some coloring books because I figured they would be bored. I'm glad I didn't! All very well behaved and all had that great imagination youth has to entertain themselves. Whether it was watching an excellent flint arrowhead napping demonstration by Pappy's neighbor are commandeering a moose to ride around the dining room, they handled themselves really well. They even left a few cupcakes for EEL (he claims he was bringing them to the firehouse.....that Shooting jacket better fit in 2010!!). I can't wait to start seeing them on the firing line!!

There was definitly pictures taken, I dropped off a roll of film today and I'll post them tomorrow.

Everyone else, feel free to chime in and post pics that you may have taken...well except that one of EEL kissing the Moose...that one worries me, if the Montana Boys see that he may be barred from Montana RBC's!!!! ;) LOL

Ok, I'll shut up now, hope you all had a good time and you are already planning for Moose Jaw 2010!! Thanks Team IL[WI] and of course thank you Appleseed Widows for coming out and having a good time, and not injuring EEL for all those shoots that he recommends that your spouse attends!!!

See you on the trail soon!!1
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Pappy

Hello Group; We do hope that each one of you enjoyed yourselves. We have booked the hall for next year. same weekend.  If you have any IDEAS that would make the night more fun or interesting please PM me your thoughts, also if you see any thing we could do better let me know, menu, timing what ever . This event is yours please take a active roll in making it the most it can be. Thank You All  Mr. & Mrs. Pappy, and Boomer_EOD
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Gopher Boy

Another great time with the folks of appleseed.

My wife thought I was going crazy with all these weekends.  When the idea of Operation Moose Jaw came up.  I though  once she meets them all, she'll be hooked.  Mission Accomplished.

On the way home she announced to me, So we are camping the weekend of Sept. 11.  "I don't know if I'll shoot, but I want to camp with these folks."  A quick reminding of how important the 300 is and she's in to shoot, add the boys and we are down to 297.

2010 is going to be a great year, I'm ready and holding on for the ride.

Thanks to everyone for a great evening.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

I can't wait until next month when we kick off 2010 with a bang   :~

G.B.

M.E.

Dear Garand,

Why I oughta!! ~~:) ~~:)  Whatchoo startin!  EEL I said Nuttin of the sort let's get the record straight Garand, your rep stands on it's own  ;D

Let me just say to all...man I missed you guys!  So glad this was planned and executed and that Team Wurstmacher was able to make it.  Great to walk in and see the border raiders, that was a GREAT raid to have!

2 years ago before I attended my first Appleseed I NEVER would have thought this "Appleseed thing" would be such a valuable part of my life and my families life...all 6 of us! Thank you to each of you for being a big part of that.  GREAT PEOPLE, GREAT PROGRAM! 

Gopher Boy, please do NOT wait until Sparta to get your wife out on the line!  She will kick your hiney and say why didn't you take me to an appleseed before!!  Word to the wise.  Start in April and by Sept she will be wearing the Orange hat!!  We'll need her!

Take Care and Merry Christmas to ALL!

M.E.

Patriot Gal

Sorry you couldn't make it DD and Trisha.  We missed you but we had a good time meeting w/all the other Appleshooters, friends, spouses and yoots!!  Very nice time.  :)

Thank you Garand, EEL, Pappy and Mrs. Pappy for all you did to make it a success.    O0

Looking forward to 2010 and a GREAT AS year!!!

Thanks, everybody, for all you do for Appleseed!
Patriot Gal    :~
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Gopher Boy

M.E. 

If all goes well she'll be at the IBC in Jan. 

She should be registering on the board in the next few days.

charlie06

Yep, with our little delay with the mean ole hubby  **), we made it, alittle late, but it was really nice to meet everyone, that I haven't met yet and have a wondeful evening! The kids did not want to leave, my little  @), lol! All the kids I believe had alot of fun, green frosting and all! Can't wait to see all the pictures that were takin. We made it home to M2 all inspired to make dinner for us. So we had a pappy style breakfast for dinner, lol, cause that is the way pappy makes it  :bow: lol!
Thank you to everyone one, for sure a great night!

EEL

Hope to post some pics either tonight or Tues.  The green cupcakes were........well, you'll see  **)   **)   **)
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

charlie06

Quote from: EEL on December 21, 2009, 10:19:46 AM
Hope to post some pics either tonight or Tues.  The green cupcakes were........well, you'll see  **)   **)   **)
I bet, lol! I will be looking for them! oh and m1 and m2 are talkin about those hair cuts still, boomer was all ready to give them cuts, lol!

EEL

Well let's see if these attach.  If not, have to wait till I can get that photo bucket thing Elvis...I mean Garand always talks about going when I get to work.

We should have:
Grn cupcakes, Display of flags, Elvis69, and Pappy explaing the meaning of each

We'll see....test, test, test

EEL

Some more pics.  More to come.

Garand69

Here are some pics I finally got developed!! Sorry for the wait, hope you enjoy O0

New method to insure loaner sling return...

Hygiene is always important **)

CastleMountain giving the Yoots a scientific demonstration **) **) **)

The Mooose Is LOOOOOSE!!!

End of the night cleanup

Spiffy hat(s) Ahhshoot
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Old Glory!

IL, you sure know how to have fun, and keep the yoots on their toes, having fun! 

Psssst!  WI instructors; if you see a hubcap attached to a sling, you will know it is EEL's new fangled sling snugness detector return-to-EEL-please device.      ;D
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion