News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lets get STARTED! (2010 Promotions)

Started by ItsanSKS, December 18, 2009, 10:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

Okay Florida, we're going to have a banner year in 2010.  We've got nearly 30 events planned, with more likely to pop up as the year progresses.  In order to ensure that these events do not go under attended, we will need to kick our promotions efforts into high gear.

What does this mean?  This means that EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU will need to put in some time promoting our events; whether that means posting flyers at gun shops, manning a gun show table, or simply spreading the word to all of your friends and family.

We have some exciting promo possibilities coming soon, and I would certainly appreciate your help with them:

January 9,10: Bradenton Gun Show (in the Bradenton Auditorium) we've secured a table, will have it fully stocked with promo goodies, just need one or two volunteers to assist.

February 6:  Gainesville Target Range open house/tea party.  We've been invited to set up a table for this event, and will likely have the same setup that we use at gun shows.  Will need a few more volunteers to assist with 'working the crowd' and passing out fliers. 

If you are able to help with these promotional tasks, or have an idea how else we might promote Appleseed, please contact me via PM.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Appleseed in Florida failed this year.  It failed, because *we* failed.  Our events were under-attended, and those that did show, were by and large, repeat attendees.  In order to ensure that this does not happen again, we need a Promotions Boss/Czar/insert catchy name here. 

The duties for Promotions Boss will include:

Building a promotions team- three to four individuals willing to spread fliers, work gunshows, call radio shows, etc.  Rifleman score not required!

Network with gunshow promoters to ensure state-wide coverage. 

We will need to promote our southern-florida events in places like Miami, WPB, etc. 

Coordinate with Shoot Bosses and State Coordinator to ensure maximum coverage for events with lackluster attendance.  (Myakka, St. Augustine?)

"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

caseyblane

I'll have a table at the Jacksonville gun show for January 30th and 31st (this is the one at the Fairgrounds). I'll be there all day on the 30th (by myself) but have to work on the 31st if anybody can help. I'll provide the set up.

I had to change the dates. There is still a gun show on the 9th and 10th at the Morrocco Shrine but I will not be able to be there either day( I can provide a set up though. All you would have to do is show up.) I'll only be able to be at the one on the 30th.
Casey
"Boy, there are Do'ers, Thinkers, and Wonderers, be a Do'er!" My Grandfather.

ItsanSKS

Anyone from N. Florida willing to help Casey out?  Just think- as a 'vendor', you will have early access to the rest of the show.  Find all the deals before the public gets a chance to grab 'em all up! 

PM Casey and myself for details.
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

ItsanSKS

Just put the finishing touches on a special flier for our 2010 April 19th events (to be held on April 17,18).

Find this flier attached in the sticky "Promotional Materials" here on the Florida board. 

Comments/Criticisms encouraged.  Fresh ideas are even better!