News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SC; what are you doing January 6, 2010?

Started by Old Glory!, December 14, 2009, 12:15:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Glory!

Hi Folks!

Here is an article about the SC National Guard, Swamp Fox Battalion, that RWVA spent the week with at Fort Stewart in October.   They will be deploying on January 6, 2010.

http://www.gtowntimes.com/local/Guard-set-to-deploy-Jan--62009-12-13T16-14-25

The 178th is made up of bases in Georgetown, Andrews, Hemingway, Myrtle Beach, Manning and Clinton. Altogether, more than 600 soldiers are expected to take part in the deployment.

Departure ceremonies will take place at each armory on Jan. 6.

Any RWVA folks attending any of these?  @@)   
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]