News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

How many April 19 shoots can we have?

Started by douglas34474, December 08, 2009, 09:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

douglas34474

I have made contact with the Gainesville Target Range again. ItsanSKS and I have been dancing around with these people for sometime, so I'm not getting too excited. But the new person I am dealing with sounds interested in giving us a chance to use the range.

Among the dates I gave them was April 17,18. I note there will be 4 Florida events for that weekend. Can we handle a 5th?

Douglas

PHenry

D34474,
We currently have three active SBs and I can see maybe two more by then, so theoretically, yes, we could, but if staffing attempts for the December 12 events is any indicator, then no way.  :'(

We have about 21 instructors that ought to be active and that would work for five events in a pinch. We should also be adding to that number by then, but when I Email all 21 recently for the December events - I got three responses, yours being one of them. Two events was more than we could muster, so how can we pull off five?

The simple answer is that we would need more shoulders at the cart to make it happen. There will be no outside help on that weekend, as all states wil be in the same pickle as Florida. Time to begin getting commitments from instructors right now if we are to succeed. The alternative to to back-slide and cancel events, depriving Americans of what they so desperately need - the truth of the price paid for Liberty!

PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

gjwilliamsjr

Quote from: douglas34474 on December 08, 2009, 09:19:46 PM
I note there will be 4 Florida events for that weekend. Can we handle a 5th?

Douglas

I only see Myakka and Hernando for April 17/18th.  Where are the other 2?  Am I missing a list somewhere?

PHenry

gwjr,
Yes, we have several events not yet posted and many more to be found. I predict that Florida will see more than 25 events in 2010.
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

willorith

Doug-
You and Clinnon have been regular attendees at Appleseed events for some months. I hope too see you just as often as Orange Hats. I know you are working hard on the seventh step. It seems to take about 5-10 contacts to get 1 person to come. Then to turn that person into an Orange hat that can be relied on proves even harder. It is the Three percent thing again.
We are but human.

gjwilliamsjr

Quote from: PHenry on December 09, 2009, 03:18:18 PM
gwjr,
Yes, we have several events not yet posted and many more to be found. I predict that Florida will see more than 25 events in 2010.

Excellent--I am working on scheduling my next appleseed with my wife, and have a few people at work interested as well.  I have been using this list http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=8132.msg86412#msg86412  to tell others of the schedule.  Is there an updated list I should be using?

PHenry

That willst do for now. ItsanSKS will do more as time allows. That whole "making a living thing" is so darned inconvenient isn't it?  ;D

gjwilliamsjr

Quote from: PHenry on December 09, 2009, 04:48:45 PM
That whole "making a living thing" is so darned inconvenient isn't it?  ;D

Appleseeding, as well as life in general, would be so much easier if I were independently wealthy O0

douglas34474

Quote from: PHenry on December 09, 2009, 02:25:00 PM
D34474,
We currently have three active SBs and I can see maybe two more by then, so theoretically, yes, we could, but if staffing attempts for the December 12 events is any indicator, then no way.  :'(

Like I said, we have been working this range for some time now and I don't know if it will come together or not.

All of the other dates I gave them only had one shoot or nothing scheduled. I just wanted to make sure that if I asked for a date and they offered it, we could be there. I will take april 17,18 off the list.

PHenry

doug,
Don't take it off just yet - we can always cancel if we cannot make it happen.
PH

douglas34474