News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

How about another Maine Appleseed?

Started by MaineMarshal, December 03, 2009, 10:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firewall99

Quote from: PatriotPreacher on August 25, 2010, 07:51:41 AM
My wife and I would be very interested in participating in an Appleseed Training Event...  where can I get info on the Oct 2-3 event?

The Event Information Page is at:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11330.0

I know this is probably too short a notice, but several pastors, preachers, and other devouted who cannot attend an Appleseed on Sundays will be attending our shoot tomorrow, Thursday, and Friday in Peterborough, NH.  It's information page may be found here:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10001.0 

This is one of only two Appleseed shoots in New England that do not occur on weekends.  The other one is our annual June shoot in Dalton, NH, which would probably be closer to Maine.

(Sorry for hijacking this thread--his forum name got my attention.)

And now back to our previously scheduled program...
"The timid and fearful cannot defend liberty or anything else." - G. Edward Griffin, author of The Creature from Jekyll Island and founder of Freedom Force International (www.freedom-force.org)

"You make the decision now to be afraid, and you will never turn back--your whole life, you will always be afraid."
-- From "Unbreakable"

The litany against fear is an incantation used by the Bene Gesserit in Dune to focus their minds and calm themselves in times of peril. The litany is as follows:

I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain.

"Take away fear, and the battle of Freedom is half won." - William Ralp

The Old Guide

Welcome Patriot Preacher. Just click or paste the link below for info on Columbia, Maine. Your wife attends free as do folks under the age of 21. I'll be there.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11330.0%3C/td%3E%3Ctd%3E

I check the Maine page often.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

jeanp1948

I'm new to the organization. How about a shoot closer to the center of Maine, let's say like Waterville, Maine. Around the city are smaller towns with great fields and open spaces, such as Fairfield, Oakland, Winslow, Benton, Clinton, Smithfield, etc. Waterville is roughly between Bangor and Portland. 75 miles from Portland and 55 miles from Bangor. It's on I-95 and US Route 201. Plenty of motels and hotel rooms. 22 miles away is the Augusta Civic Center.

crak

Jean, we'd do them anywhere.  We need everyone's help finding and developing leads with hosts.  Do you know anywhere specific?
Check your drama at the door.

TOMINCT

Quote from: crak on September 01, 2010, 12:13:23 PM
Jean, we'd do them anywhere.  We need everyone's help finding and developing leads with hosts.  Do you know anywhere specific?

Crak is right on we'll do them anywhere. I helped SeanO earlier this year at a gun show in Biddeford when a fellow walked up and after a while offered a range at his place about 1/2 hr from Portland. Unfortunately we never hooked up with him on it. It wasn't for our lack of trying.
If you know of someone who has the space for a safe 25 meter range OR you belong to a club with the same we could get something going in your neck of the woods.
Columbia is downeast, for sure. Maine is a big state so it could be awhile before there is something within an hour or so. If you have the interest try for Columbia, it's a definite. FWIW I have a possible in the area of Franklin bu it won't happen for some time, unfortunately. Regards, Tom.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

TOMINCT

Make that Farmington, Maine. Not Franklin.
Ramseur 2-12!

Firewall99

Jim Whittemore at Skowhegan does the tax returns for Scarborough Fish & Game and was telling me they are a great range.

Look at this link:

http://www.scarfg.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/Rifle

Looks awesome.  KD TO 600 YARDS.  What's our story on that?  Anybody contact them yet?

We need ranges like this, because they are in the Portland area.  Find a range near Portland, and you will have Maine shooters galore!

"The timid and fearful cannot defend liberty or anything else." - G. Edward Griffin, author of The Creature from Jekyll Island and founder of Freedom Force International (www.freedom-force.org)

"You make the decision now to be afraid, and you will never turn back--your whole life, you will always be afraid."
-- From "Unbreakable"

The litany against fear is an incantation used by the Bene Gesserit in Dune to focus their minds and calm themselves in times of peril. The litany is as follows:

I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain.

"Take away fear, and the battle of Freedom is half won." - William Ralp

TOMINCT

Quote from: Firewall99 on September 02, 2010, 03:27:43 PM
Jim Whittemore at Skowhegan does the tax returns for Scarborough Fish & Game and was telling me they are a great range.

Look at this link:

http://www.scarfg.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/Rifle

Looks awesome.  KD TO 600 YARDS.  What's our story on that?  Anybody contact them yet?

We need ranges like this, because they are in the Portland area.  Find a range near Portland, and you will have Maine shooters galore!

We need a member to get a foot in the door, it's that simple. It is very hard to do it on a cold call.  At the gun show in Biddeford a fair number of folks brought up Scarborough and other clubs in the state. I don't know if SeanO got any more info from anyone on them. 600  yards would be great but all we need is 25 meters for a shoot. There is nice to have and bare minimum. If there is anyone who has access to any club in Maine or a safe tract of private land contact SeanO, Firewall99 or myself. We'll do our best to make it happen.

Ramseur 2-12!

The Old Guide

If that happens I'll bring my M-14 with scope.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

slim

Speaking of another Appleseed in Maine, I have a buddy out that way who is interested in pitching to his club up in Caribou. He said they have a meeting on Tuesday night. I know it's short notice, but perhaps one of you could go there or maybe do a conference call or something?

He just signed up for the Columbia event and already distributed promo material to his local gun shop. He's going to promo at his local club's meeting but would like to get the ball rolling for an event there as well. Any ideas for him? Who should he talk to? Can anyone make it up there to address the club?

He's not on the forum yet so PM me for details.

Keep up the good work out there!

TOMINCT

Quote from: slim on September 04, 2010, 06:00:53 PM
Speaking of another Appleseed in Maine, I have a buddy out that way who is interested in pitching to his club up in Caribou. He said they have a meeting on Tuesday night. I know it's short notice, but perhaps one of you could go there or maybe do a conference call or something?

He just signed up for the Columbia event and already distributed promo material to his local gun shop. He's going to promo at his local club's meeting but would like to get the ball rolling for an event there as well. Any ideas for him? Who should he talk to? Can anyone make it up there to address the club?

He's not on the forum yet so PM me for details.

Keep up the good work out there!

If you have contact info for your friend I'll try to get him before tomorrow evening. Caribou is about 10 hours away for me and SeanO is recovering from an injury, not able to drive for a while. I'll be at the shoot in Columbia so I'll fill him in with what I can and maybe get some help from CortJestir for him.
If you have anything that you could pass along to your buddy it would be a good thing. Maine is a bid state and he's probably 2 1/2 or 3 hours from Columbia. Thanks for the heads up! Regards, Tom.
Ramseur 2-12!

TOMINCT

So it's getting down to crunch time. ~~:) Space left for those of you unsure of your schedule earlier. This most likely will be the last one in Maine for the year. Weather can be nice , but cooler. No worry on overheating or mosquitoes the size of Huey's.
We plan on some KD instruction at 200 yards for the folks with centerfires, so don't think of this as a 25m rimfire shoot.
Also, there will be some additional local history on a naval battle nearby in which MARKSMANSHIP played the deciding factor! Don't pass this one up!

Ramseur 2-12!

The Old Guide

As they say in Columbia, Maine, "The weather is going to be 'gawjis". Party cloudy on Saturday and sunny on Sunday. Cold be a little nippy on Sunday morning.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

The Old Guide

The  "club Prez" made Rifleman with a 10/22 and factory sights. He picked up an orange hat.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012