News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Northern Nevada 2010?

Started by BaldDragn, November 29, 2009, 01:34:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaldDragn

So far I don't see anything on next years schedule for Northern Nevada.

If any of you Boots On The Ground want to see that change let me know.

Thanks
BaldDragn
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

Chris_H

Good grief, I can't believe I missed this.

Yes, I do want to see that change. I'm going to check into featherblue's Gardnerville DAR availability (& any weather considerations) asap.

I think Arashi has been working on the range in Reno, but I don't know the status of things up there.

Chris

arashi

The Reno range won't let you reserve dates until Jan.  There is not way to know what dates we can get until then. 

arashi

I sent an email to the Mustang range owners in Fernley.  I think that might be a more viable location than the Washoe county (Reno) range due to their time restrictions.

BaldDragn

Thanks for the responses.

With you guys, Featherblue and Gardnerville as an anchor NV is well on it's way, 2010 is shaping up to be a good year.

I'm looking forward to January when I get some vacation time on the books and being able to get out of my state and instructing at shoots with real AR-15s on the line.

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

Wade

Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

BaldDragn

Quote from: Wade on December 05, 2009, 12:59:38 AM
Hey What about Elko ?

Wade

Elko did have one Appleseed last year that managed to get 15 people to pre-reg, so it is worth looking into...

However, IMHO, the best way to bring Appleseed to a remote area like Elko is to "Island Hop". I'd be much more interested in having a shoot in Lovelock. We have Red hats that can get to Lovelock in an hour or two. Then we make some IIT's in Lovelock then they can do the BOTG work in Winnemuca. Rinse and repeat, the Lovelock IITs become ITs, Winne gets it's own IITs and Bingo! you are in Elko.

Or if you want to adopt Elko along with your DAR then we could probably get something going sooner.

SAPPER STEEL!

Wade

Quote from: BaldDragn on December 17, 2009, 03:06:17 AM
Hey What about Elko ?

Wade

Elko did have one Appleseed last year that managed to get 15 people to pre-reg, so it is worth looking into...

However, IMHO, the best way to bring Appleseed to a remote area like Elko is to "Island Hop". I'd be much more interested in having a shoot in Lovelock. We have Red hats that can get to Lovelock in an hour or two. Then we make some IIT's in Lovelock then they can do the BOTG work in Winnemuca. Rinse and repeat, the Lovelock IITs become ITs, Winne gets it's own IITs and Bingo! you are in Elko.

Or if you want to adopt Elko along with your DAR then we could probably get something going sooner.
Remote??! no no no Ely would be more like Remote  (..:) :cool2:

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

BaldDragn

Quote from: Wade on December 17, 2009, 03:22:46 AM
Quote from: BaldDragn on December 17, 2009, 03:06:17 AM
Hey What about Elko ?

Wade

Remote??! no no no Ely would be more like Remote  (..:) :cool2:

Wade

Well... then they are the next in line!

SAPPER STEEL!

BaldDragn

Do we have a volunteer to check on dates for the Reno show?

SAPPER STEEL!

arashi

Quote from: BaldDragn on January 07, 2010, 03:09:53 AM
Do we have a volunteer to check on dates for the Reno show?

If you mean Reno gun shows:

Crossroads Show in Reno 2/20-21/2010 and 7/24-25/2010

Big Reno Show  4/16-18/2010

It has been my experience in the past they will not provide a free tables.  Is AS paying for tables at shows?

BaldDragn

I meant to type "Event", or "Appleseed".

I still can't type and listen at the same time.

SAPPER STEEL!

desertrat144

Add:
Jan. 9-19, Carson City, Fuji Park, info: 530-529-1853
Jan. 29-31, Fallon, Eagle Hall, info: 775-842-3153

Re: Elko & Winnemucca- do 'em, good folks, locals & great Basque dining.
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond it's limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." - President Ronald Wilson Reagan

arashi

I've emailed the "Mustang Range" several times without any replies.

Can we have a April 19th shoot in Northern Nevada or are they coordinated at the national level?

I'll find a place.  I think the Gardnerville DAR will be too muddy in April.

Arashi

eaglescouter

If you mean Reno gun shows:

Crossroads Show in Reno 2/20-21/2010 and 7/24-25/2010

Big Reno Show  4/16-18/2010

It has been my experience in the past they will not provide a free tables.  Is AS paying for tables at shows?

I usually attend this show.  The NRA has a booth near the ticket sales area and their booth is nearly empty.

Does anyone have a contact?  Perhaps we could share space?
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleer™:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

arashi

Quote from: BaldDragn on January 07, 2010, 10:34:53 PM

I have also contacted the Stillwater Firearms Assn in Fallon.  They have a nice private range.

LayloPro

Just a side note on the Elko set up....there already is a young IIT there (the local BOTG's (Bill Denham, desertrunnv) son Kalib) who qualified very nicely last year when MrBill, Dirty130 & I were out there.
The main thing is the the range was very happy with us, and it's all of about 1.5 miles outside of town....... O0
Deep berm pockets did a great job in May of keeping the "usual Nevada breeze" at bay, and it's a very accommodating range.
Plus, on the main range, they have steel out to 600+, IIRC. That'll work for the KD portion, no problem...... O0 :~

Lots of good things possible with this range area, as it draws from both western & central Nevada, but Utah as well.......
It's already built, and they -will- come.....

Enjoy!!
LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

arashi

Quote from: arashi on February 05, 2010, 02:45:37 AM
Quote from: BaldDragn on January 07, 2010, 10:34:53 PM

I have also contacted the Stillwater Firearms Assn in Fallon.  They have a nice private range.

Well, I've had no luck in getting any private range to respond to my emails or answer the phone...  I am following the AS guidelines and personalizing the emails, but still not getting a response... 

I will keep trying though.

KahrGuy

Arashi,

I am a very, very minor owner in the Mustang range. There has been quite the political fight over ownership and control of the range, but I think most of that is now worked out. I will make some calls and fire off some emails to see if they are open to having an Appleseed there.
Blue Skies,
Kevin

"Children should be educated and instructed in the principles of freedom."
John Adams

featherblue

Quote from: KahrGuy on June 02, 2010, 01:53:18 PM
Arashi,

I am a very, very minor owner in the Mustang range. There has been quite the political fight over ownership and control of the range, but I think most of that is now worked out. I will make some calls and fire off some emails to see if they are open to having an Appleseed there.

That is interesting.

-fb

�Fear is the foundation of most governments.� -John Adams

Why there must be a test of knowledge before being allowed into the voting polls:  ... democracy, as defined by Mencken, is "...the worship of Jackals by Jackasses."

KahrGuy

Quote from: arashi on February 05, 2010, 01:52:46 AM
I've emailed the "Mustang Range" several times without any replies.

Can we have a April 19th shoot in Northern Nevada or are they coordinated at the national level?

I'll find a place.  I think the Gardnerville DAR will be too muddy in April.

Arashi

Arashi,
I got a response from the Mustang range and they are interested. They are having a Fathers Day machine gun shoot on June 19th and they would like me to come to talk about it in person. Would you be available that day for a few hours to go with me, you being vastly more experienced than I in such matters? You can call or email 775-224-4918, kevinlbrewster@gmail.com
Blue Skies,
Kevin

"Children should be educated and instructed in the principles of freedom."
John Adams