News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Florida, Jan, 2010

Started by Fred, November 25, 2009, 11:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

And not a single Appleseed on the sched?

In a state of lovely Jan weather?

ZERO in Florida - while in freezing NH, WI, AR, and NC, we are having Appleseeds?

ZERO in Florida - in a year when the goal is 800 Appleseeds - or 67/month?

When we only have ELEVEN to date - nationwide! - for the month of January?

I know traditionally we get off to a slow start every Appleseed year - but isn't this overdoing things a bit?

If other states have their peak months in the spring, fall, and maybe summer - somehow, it's hard to envision Illinois or Wisconsin or Minnesota having their peak months in Jan or Feb - shouldn't Florida have its peak months in Jan and Feb?

So far NOT A SINGLE Appleseed on the sched in Jan for Florida.

Think that's bad? Try NOT A SINGLE Appleseed in Florida for FEBRUARY!

Or MARCH...

Or April....

SHOULD THERE BE AN APPLESEED IN FLORIDA, IN 2010? (Just askin'...)

Should there be an Appleseed a weekend in Florida, in Jan and Feb?

Should there be two Appleseeds a weekend in Florida, in Jan and Feb?

Should there be three...? Or four...?

What can we do, to beef up the Florida sched for Jan and Feb?

I merely bring the issue up. >:D

There are 30 people on this board.

The only way we'll get Appleseeds on the sched for Florida is if you guys get out and beat the bushes.

I'd start with locations which have already had Appleseeds. They should all be "gimees".

Then I'd start looking for people with private property who care about the future of their country, and would be willing to host a weekend AS.

As well as taking the program to new clubs -  heck, we're not an unknown quantity, anymore - and see if you can get a spark of interest in a club in supporting a classic 'pass the tradition on' program.

Again, the key component in this program is - YOU.

Thirty of you.

Each of you get one Appleseed set up for Jan or Feb - and - bingo! - we have THIRTY AS on a Florida sched which currently has ZERO.

Dunno about you, but I'd be feeling pretty good about that. It'd be a great start to the AS 2010 year.

"Feeling good"? Isn't that what this program is all about? **) **) **)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

AFTERMATH

Heck, there outta be an RBC down there...
8 days in the Florida sun!
You could probably charge double!
>:D

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

ItsanSKS

Please see the post entitled Florida Schedule Of events, 2010, HERE: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=8132.msg86412#msg86412  &)

I have done everything in my power to get this information to the 'powers that be' yet they are not, as of this writing, posted on our 'external' schedule....
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

douglas34474

Ain't no moss growen on ItsanSKS's back side!   O0 O0

Douglas

PHenry

Hey ItsanSKS!
30 people here? Really?  :o

I trust Fred all the way and if he says there are 30 here - I have to believe him - even if it requires blind faith!

I mean.......that's what one employs when one cannot actually see any evidence of something right?

Like when Lucy holds the football for Charlie - that kind of faith? The kind where you leap and expect the net to appear?

OK, I'm in.........aaaghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

The initial schedule is posted at the link listed on the Florida board and will surely be posted on the public forum soon - so "let's roll".  :~ :~ :~ :~

One man can only do so much folks - this is a team effort - who's in?
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

willorith

The Parramore knot has your back good sir.
We are but human.

PHenry

Willorith,
I nevr figured diffrnt sir. God bless you and your band of Patriots as you are the foundation upon which the Florida chapter is constructed!
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

panhead

howdy

the Hernando shoots STILL aren't posted on the front page. This has caused confusion:

Yes, it is still scheduled.  We will forward your email to the contacts so they can get their web site updated.  Thank you for your email.
----- Original Message -----
To: hsci@gate.net
Sent: Saturday, December 26, 2009 8:24 AM
Subject: Appleseed Schedule Verification

Appleseed's site says they have no classes scheduled for your location in 2010.  I just noticed that your site shows 4 dates so far.  I's like to attend the one at the end of January and just want to make sure it hasn't been canceled.

Can you confirm whether the class is really still scheduled?

Thank you

Jim Fielding
Lantry413@gmail.com

can we get this updated? I plan on being there, and I hope this gennemen is gonna be there too...
But, the price they paid to win us our liberty? Few of us can comprehend it. Even fewer of us would want - or even be willing - to pay it. But all of us should know - at least - about it.

Never forget. Just to remember, is to honor.  -Fred

panhead

I emailed the gent personally and sent a PM to RW about the schedule...

Issue is being addressed by SavageShooter.

Thanks to all!
But, the price they paid to win us our liberty? Few of us can comprehend it. Even fewer of us would want - or even be willing - to pay it. But all of us should know - at least - about it.

Never forget. Just to remember, is to honor.  -Fred