News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Need help with Gun Shows!

Started by ItsanSKS, November 24, 2009, 11:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

Florida Appleseeders, I need your help.  On December 5,6 we have a table at the Hernando Sportsmen's Club Gun Show-  this will be in Brooksville.

On January 10,11 we have a table at the Bradenton Gunshow.  

We have had a steep decline in attendance at our previous events, and this is a great way to stir up new interest.  

If you can volunteer to man the tables for even a few hours each day, get in contact with me, and we'll get you squared away.

-Eric "ItsanSKS"

Email: RWVA@Live.com
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

panhead

howdy

I can and will help you at Hernando Show in Brooksville on Saturday, Dec 5. PM sent.

Will anyone be able to step up and help on Sunday? I will be hard pressed to make it back for the second day. I know time is tight for all this time of year, but it's not like planning for working a 2 day shoot.

Who wants ice cream???   >:D

Thanks to all who will grab a bucket and help bail...
But, the price they paid to win us our liberty? Few of us can comprehend it. Even fewer of us would want - or even be willing - to pay it. But all of us should know - at least - about it.

Never forget. Just to remember, is to honor.  -Fred

douglas34474

I am also set to be there for Saturday. If no one else can help on Sunday I can schedule it also.

panhead

good man Doug, THANKS!!!   O0

anyone else available to spread the load? 

14,000 militia in one day, no cell phones...wow

But, the price they paid to win us our liberty? Few of us can comprehend it. Even fewer of us would want - or even be willing - to pay it. But all of us should know - at least - about it.

ThaiFighter

I might be able to do Sunday, I will be in town to help my brother and his wife move.  If we can get it all knocked out on Sat, I'll stand duty. 
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

douglas34474

What I have worked out with Panhead is to meet him at the show Sat morning, bringing the fliers with me. I plan working Sat morning till about noon, when I'll leave it with Panhead.

Sunday I'm on my own. So ThaiFighter, any help you can give would be great.

PS: When I was in Thailand the kick boxers were sure fun to watch!

Later

Douglas

ThaiFighter

Doug and crew had some good traffic on Saturday when I was there.

Sunday was much more lightly attended, but plenty of folks stopped by the table.   I got everything from "thanks, we missed you guys the last time"  to "that's a great concept to a variety of rants on everything from why I should leave appleseed and join the local militia to the story of how someone at HCSC made them mad a however many years ago and they refuse to associate with those "range snobs".  !@#) ++)

I can count at least 70 people/family/groups that had never heard of us before that at least know something of what we're about now, with luck, they'll join us on the line.  Half of the remaining flyers went to the HCSC folks to pass out at the clubhouse and I have the other half to distribute where I can find.

I found a #10 speer manual and a buttstock shell holder for my shotty.  All in all a fun and hopefully productive outing. :)

See you all in Myakka next week!
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

ItsanSKS

Glad to hear the 'show went fairly well.  I hope it will drive some fresh interest to our HSC events.

I wish that I could have made it, but having to work sometimes gets in the way.

"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

panhead

howdy

many thanks to ThaiFighter, douglas34474 and a certain young lady Appleseed riflewoman whose screen name I don't know. decorum prohibits me from thanking you without your permission  ???

yep, the gun show ninjas can be an interesting bunch...but, we don't do it for them

good news on the family responses, TF. youth are the future of the program and the country. we must excise their bottoms from the couch and give the me generation something to consider.

maybe they can make patriotism the new cool at school. or the bomb shizzle word, whatever %)

thanks to all for your time   O0