News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Christmas Special

Started by Patriot Gal, November 24, 2009, 12:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot Gal

My Canadian cousin's son is Evan Williams who is starring in Hallmark's "The National Tree"  this weekend.  Hope you all can watch and enjoy it.

Have a wonderful Christmas!
Patriot Gal

From my cousin Sharon Williams in Calgary:
I want to take the opportunity to tell all of you that Evan will be starring in Hallmark's "The National Tree" -it will be aired in the USAon TV on Nov 28th for thanksgiving, and I just found out that it will be shown in Canada on Dec 2nd on the Movie Channel 1 from 9pm to 10:30pm (at least in my time zone). I hadn't gotten around to sending some clips from the movie to the US cousins, so here are those Youtube links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAn6Z4O70CI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWiDOEZMAbc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9sHxOzB39A

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

funfaler

Do they want to Appleseed up in Calgary?   

I get up there rather often and would be happy to meet with them, and the Edmondton folks, about trying to get a Canadian Seed program going  ;)

You have the "in", see if you can weave the Appleseed concept into their desires and mindset  <:) :)

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

Fred

Does he have an Appleseed T to wear?

Just askin'... :)

(Any chance of him shouting out "APPLESEED FOREVER!" or maybe holding up a sign? Just askin'... :) )
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Patriot Gal

Quote from: Fred on November 24, 2009, 06:15:22 PM

Does he have an Appleseed T to wear?

Just askin'... :)

(Any chance of him shouting out "APPLESEED FOREVER!" or maybe holding up a sign? Just askin'... :) )

LOLOLOL  You guys crack me up!!!  **) **)  Actually, (having thought about this), the friends and family we have in Canada who hunt, all do so with compound or recurve bow.  No firearms in the bunch, not even the thought of one...

For as conservative as my family is down here in the states, my actual Canadian cousins are all quite liberal... but very nice people  :)  This young man's (Evan) grandfather, was the first Canadian voted into a major U.S./International labor union office as secretary, later becoming its first Canadian president.  You can't get much more liberal than he...and also a very nice man..  :)  They just don't have any involvement in firearms that I know about.  (aboot  ;)  However, I will check around.

As far as the Appleseed goes...Appleseed is to America as Thanksgiving is to America.  Canada has embraced Thanksgiving, but it is not a Canadian tradition, it is American.  The same with Appleseed IMHO.  The only war Canada fought against invading foreigners was the war of 1812 when Colonial British Canada had to fight back U.S. forces near Niagara Falls, which was one of the bloodiest conflicts ever fought, rivaling the horror of the Napoleonic Wars.  We Americans think that Canada is just like the U.S., only further north, but that is not true.  In many ways they are similar, but they have an entirely different history and different mindset.

If a Canadian wants to model the Appleseed marksmanship program, that is one thing, but not in an American context.  For example, Canada still celebrates British victories of the past and is strongly connected in many ways with Britain, still paying millions in tribute to the Crown annually.  The Queen's picture is still on each piece of Canadian currency.  Quite different than our history with Britain. It was Britain who defeated the French on the plains of Champlain in Quebec, solidifying British control of that portion of North America, having previously lost the colonies (us).  

Shooting Redcoats at a Canadian Appleseed would make as much sense as Americans shooting at silouettes of Minutemen.  It just doesn't work.

Back to the point...Since the Hallmark "National Tree" story is set in the U.S. that could've been cool to have asked Evan to wear an Appleseed T shirt, say under an overshirt, then remove it to reveal-TA-DA!!!!!  He does seem to be an up and coming actor, so maybe next time..... ;)  Ya never know...if anyone of the bunch up there would do something like that, I could see him being the one.   O0

Have a nice Thanksgiving everyone!
Patriot Gal  SOM SOM
:~
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan