News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2010 Planning Session Pre-Work, Date and Location

Started by CortJestir, November 23, 2009, 06:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CortJestir

Alright folks,

So far, TOMINCT, vernic82 and I will be knocking heads and getting organized for 2010 and beyond.

The purpose of this post is two-fold: 1) to get a date and location for our planning session meeting and 2) to start some pre-work to identify ranges and contacts at those ranges.

I'm working on the Detailed Agenda. But plan for 3-4 hours. Tentatively, macro agenda items include range locations, promotional efforts, and recruiting/7th Stepping. This is also not the one and only meeting. I do plan on having recurring meetings/conference calls. To that end, our "operating mechanisms" will also be discussed at this meeting as well as goals and roles.

Dates and Location
Right now, we are tentatively scheduled to meet at the cafe at Cabela's in E. Hartford. It's pretty central and easily accessible. But if you have other recommendations, please post in your reply to this thread.

As for dates, I'd like to meet before the new year, the sooner the better. But we will need time to complete the pre-work assignment, which shouldn't take too long at all if we get enough hands in here.

If you intend to attend this planning session (and I hope you do!), please respond to this thread with good chunks of time when you can meet. Keep in mind that Colebrook is Dec 12-13.

I'll start: I can pretty much meet any weekday or any weekend except the following: Dec 7-9, Dec 12-13, Dec 26-27, and Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Pre-Work
Before the meeting, please download the attached CT County PDF and identify the ranges where we can potentially hold an Appleseed. Keep in mind that Appleseeds can be run anywhere we have 82 feet and a berm or backstop. This means indoor pistol ranges. Private property is also an option, but is few and far between in CT due to laws around shooting near residences. That said, if you know of anyone with enough land (at least 11 acres, I believe), put 'em on the list. It would be great to build a DAR in CT if we can't find a range or two that'll call Appleseed home!

The goal here is intelligence. We need as much information as possible for each location: name of range, address, phone numbers, email, website, private or public, hours of operation, points of contact, people we know who are members, etc.

Since many hands make light work, I am assigning the following folks to identify ranges and building data. This may be updated as we get more folks committed to the meeting, but as of right now:

• CortJestir: Fairfield, New Haven and Middlesex Counties
  • TOMINCT: Litchfield and Hartford Counties
  • vernic82: Tolland, Windham, and New London Counties

Want a county or two? Post in here and I'll update the list? Thanks for your help!

This Google map is a very good start: CT Ranges and Gun Clubs but it needs to be culled and is not complete/accurate.

Questions? Post 'em here. Recommendations? Post 'em here.

Let's get moving folks. Metacon, NWCSA, and HGC can't be the only ranges to host Appleseeds next year. We all know how sorely CT needs Project Appleseed. If there's anything you can do to help grow AS in CT right now, it's help with ID'ing places where we can host 'em.

Looking forward to your help,
CJ
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

vernic82

I like the venue for the meeting, but would also offer my home for this meeting. 

I'm available after 4pm some wekdays and anytime most weekends.  I will be
unavailable these dates:
Evening Sat., 11/28
Evening Wed., Thurs, 12/2-3
Evening Sat., 12/5
Evening Wed., Thurs, 12/9-10
Evening Tues, Wed., 12/15-16
Daytime Sat, 12/19 (if I have a Pistol Permit Course-no one registered at this time)

I will be out of town 12/20 to 12/22 or 12/23 and then again 12/27 to 12/28
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

vernic82

OK, Friday 12/4 is out....wife just planned something with friends....  :-X
Quote from: vernic82 on November 24, 2009, 08:17:15 PM
I like the venue for the meeting, but would also offer my home for this meeting. 

I'm available after 4pm some wekdays and anytime most weekends.  I will be
unavailable these dates:
Evening Sat., 11/28
Evening Wed., Thurs, 12/2-3
Evening Sat., 12/5
Evening Wed., Thurs, 12/9-10
Evening Tues, Wed., 12/15-16
Daytime Sat, 12/19 (if I have a Pistol Permit Course-no one registered at this time)

I will be out of town 12/20 to 12/22 or 12/23 and then again 12/27 to 12/28
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

TOMINCT

I believe you've got my times available for the near future. I'll try to hunt down a few more. Tom.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

CortJestir

Yep, thanks guys.

For anyone who would like to join us for this planning session, it will be held at: The Cafe at Cabela's in East Hartford (475 East Hartford Blvd North across from Renschler Field) at 11:30am this Sunday, December 6th.

We will be discussing ranges in the state to target, promotional planning, and 7th Stepping. Plan for 3 hours. Please reply in this thread or PM me of your intention to come. So far, we have CortJestir, TOMINCT and vernic82 in attendance.

I look forward to the first of these meetings.

CJ
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D