News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Harvard, MA Nov 14-15, 2009

Started by crak, November 17, 2009, 12:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crak

Another Harvard Appleseed, another "hurricane" limps through New England.  This makes two in a row.  This one probably 20 degrees colder than the last. 

No Matter:  Every one of our 30ish shooters showed up this time.  Unlike Hartford, there was no cover.   $$-0

Seven came out Riflemen:
Mike T. (Bringing the WHOLE family down.  NICE!)  Now that's something worth caps.
John (The most cheerful guy I've ever seen in rain gear)
Henry (Proving all he needed was one more "last" AQT in August.... that and a lot of dry fire)
Mike (in a back brace, patiently ignoring every new instructor that would come by and tell him to get his leg up)
Ed (overcoming a fusterclucked 208 AQT that would've crushed a lesser man not made of iron and beard)
Dave (the first time he worked through all his malfunctions in time to get all 40 downrange... with 20 seconds to spare)
Mike W. (doing it in style in a leather coat)

Sadly, it gets dark at 4:30 now so we couldn't get any more.  !@#)

On my line, poor Dan had the curse of the support elbow that could go to the other side of the rifle.  When in the right place, he could put four rounds in the same hole.

Kaisha's going to get it at the next Appleseed she comes to... as an IIT!!! (three exclamation points, btw)

Grace can hit Moscow from here prone using a loop sling and a big angle now.  Once Dave cuts the end off that rifle stock, sitting and standing will work just as well and she'll get her patch too.

Cathy wasn't on my line, but I know she was over there giving those targets the business again.  Soaked to the bone and shivering again.  Maybe even in the same puddle/pond as the last Harvard Appleseed.  Awesome.  Just awesome.

"Ask and ye shall receive from a fellow Appleseeder" proved itself once again on Saturday morning with a key snafu.  "Does anybody know how to break into a car?"  Yes we can.  And with a chamber flag and some improvised thing made out of target wire, yes they did.  Before the safety briefing was even finished.  And Steve got to start shooting with everybody else (well, at least with everybody else on the line that got started shooting first  **) )

One unsung hero was Dwarven1.  Though he couldn't be at the shoot, he knows what Appleseeding in "hurricanes" is like, so he put up a very informative post warning the shooters about what to prepare for.  Not everybody can just be the mind over matter type (don't mind, don't matter) at their first Appleseed and he made sure to let everybody know the smart way to do it.

The IITs Alix, Josh, Karen, and Mike all looked like a bunch of pros.  Good thing everybody who saw me as a no-hat probably forgot about it by now.  I tricked Firewall into flying without a net (ie. SBing a line with no plan) and it didn't kill him.   ;)  Buckskin was the one smooth part of my admin table chaos.  As usual CetmemanNH was the last one to leave the range.  Though after I left, I realized I had waved bye to Russ as he was driving in a really "interesting" direction.  I don't know where that road goes so he still might be at the range.   :-[

Next Harvardseed is April 19th!  (Already?!)  But we have several more frozenseeds before then around here, and hope to see y'all at one of those.
Check your drama at the door.

edmorseiii

I literally just spit burrito all over my laptop,  ;D . Thanks again Crak, I will be at every 'seed my job allows me too.

Ed

davidgw1

Hmmmm, messy laptop, neat shooter...any connection?    Chris, I really enjoyed your report, and Gracie and I will be working on getting her fitted correctly for the next Appleseed.  Maybe next April? or any sooner?  I forwarded your comments to her and she is quite pleased and also looking forward to getting her patch soon.  Maybe by that time I'll give you my hat size, too.  See you soon.  DaveW

crak

One size fits all on the hat.  But careful, they're very heavy.   ;)
Check your drama at the door.

Fred

Quote from: crak on November 17, 2009, 11:43:18 PM
One size fits all on the hat.  But careful, they're very heavy.   ;)

But - they are FREE!

(PS: We have one for your brother(s), your sister(s), your friends, your neighbors, your co-workers - anyone else!?!)

:)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

luv2Bfree

Here are the photos I took on Sunday evening at Harvard, MA:
"A thunderbolt falls on an inch of ground, but the light of it fills the horizon" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

stratocaster1422

Wow, those pictures didn't come out half bad!

CortJestir

They didn't come out half good either!  **) **) **)

Eh, at least you had a camera phone and flashlight. I had a camera with no working battery!

Looks like another great shoot at Harvard. Kudos to all around.
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D