News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

So what's in the works in CT? (November 2009 Update)

Started by CortJestir, November 16, 2009, 10:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CortJestir

Hello General Putnam's finest,  ;)

Just a quick update on where we are with regards to Appleseed activity. It seems quiet on this board, but that doesn't mean there isn't work behind the scenes. No, siree. A lot of stuff happens via PM and email. So for those kinda lurking about, here's an update.

Thanks to all the volunteers who have stepped up recently to help with the following:

• On Dec 1, vernic82 and I will be presenting to the Fin, Fur and Feather Club in Chaplin, CT, located in the Northeastern part of our fair state. Not only will we be able to reach Rhode Islanders with this Appleseed, but this will be the first AS in Windham County. Our first shoot there will be planned for early 2010 if all goes well.
  • We just wrapped up Hartford this weekend, which went extremely well, thanks to the leadership of ItsanSKS who flew all the way up from Florida to shoot boss the event. Special thanks also to smithy, Thor, and VietVet who border raided from NY to be there. And of course, thanks to the shooters who came out and braved the weather on Saturday. The quality of American that comes out to CT shoots never ceases to amaze me. Be on the lookout for the AAR.
  • During this shoot, I met with Tom DeVito to solidify April 17-18, 2010 for Hartford and try to nail down a few more dates for 2010. While I could not get those extra dates in stone, Tom has committed to finding us two more dates in the Summer and in the Fall of 2010. I have no doubt he will come through with this promise. His support for this project is to be commended and admired.
  • Speaking of Hartford Gun Club, the next shoot there (April 17-18, 2010) and all future shoots will fully utilize the 200 yard rifle range. That means Known Distance! Hmmm, I wonder if our staffing will, all of a sudden, increase. And that the "loaner" rifles our instructors bring will be big bore... :D
  • TOMINCT and I will be holding a planning session for 2010 with the specific goal of identifying ranges and having an Appleseed or two in every CT county in 2010. There are only 8 counties in CT so this should not be very difficult. Any and all CT volunteers are welcome to join this planning session - especially if you are a member of a range/gun club where we have not yet held an Appleseed (AS ranges, so far, are: HGC, Metacon, NWSCA). Please look for the thread about it on this forum for more information.
  • Colebrook in December is filling up nicely. It's a small line (15 shooters) so I expect it to sell out in light of Hartford shooters who want to make the cut as well as judging by the volume of emails I've received. This is an opportune time for you IITs to take another step on the Trail. It would be nice to have a good Instructor:Student ratio, so PM "Instructor Scheduling" and Nickle and get on it!
  • We need more dates for Q1 2010. Hopefully, the Fin will come through. But I'd like to see one at Metacon as well and another in both Fairfield and New Haven counties. Our planning session will help address this...

Stay safe and good shooting,
CJ
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

vernic82

CortJestir,

Tell me where and when the planning session is and I'll be there IWP.  O0

Vernic82
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude