News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Spearfish, SD - Nov 14 & 15

Started by TheCount, November 16, 2009, 02:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCount

The first Appleseed shoot in Spearfish, SD went really well.   Turn out wasn't great, partly owning to our scheduling the shoot on prairie deer season opening day.    Still,  I can't see how that is a reasonable excuse for not making it.   I mean Jared (IIT) worked the line pretty much all day Saturday, left a little early, took a doe that evening and was back bright an early Sunday morning.    What's the problem?   It's not like the critters are scarce around these parts!

Anyhow, we had fabulous weather for both days.   By far the best weather of any of the six or so shoots I did this past year.   Crisp clear autumn skies in the Black Hills.   Very nice!

Eight shooters the first day, including three youth - two girls, one boy.    Didn't hand out any Rifleman patches Saturday, but had a few folks that were real close.    By the end of Saturday one of the young ladies, Alex, was shooting very well and I believe would have scored Rifleman on Sunday had she been able to come back.

Sunday we were down to six shooters.   Two of which made Rifleman.  Congratulations to hookijac and Daryl!   Good work.   We had two more that were oh so close.   Kyle and Shannon: keep at it and you will have it next time.

Thanks to Beulah and Jared for helping out.   A special thanks to hookijac for making this event possible and getting everything set up.   

We'll get the next Spearfish shoot lined up for sometime next Spring/Summer.  I'm thinking we should be able to easily double if not triple the turn out.