News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Operation Moose Jaw is a GO!!!!!!

Started by Garand69, November 15, 2009, 06:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garand69

What the heck is Operation Moose Jaw?????

Well it is a celebration of sorts! We would like to finish the year off with a bang. No, Pappy's cannon won't be there, but it will be a great time, I gar-un-tee!!!

We would like to thank all of you for your participation in Appleseed. And we would like to give poor TreadCarefully and The Guy, an opportunity to bring their Wives out to meet all of us nice Appleseedin' type folk here in the Mid-west, along with their significant others.

The fine folks at Pappy's Moose Lodge have agreed to loan us the Dining Room and then feed us an excellent all you can eat dinner. I have been there and can assure you that you will be very pleased with the menu!!!

It has been a long Appleseedin' year, in fact, with this event, we will have had atleast one Appleseed related event, in every month of 2009! From building a DAR in the frozen tundra at Sheepdog's in January all the way to the excellent Ottawa shoot in November and now this! WHAT A YEAR!!!!

Let's celebrate our acheivements, strengthen our bond, and set the tone for 2010!

This is RSVP only, so please send me a PM as soon as you can so that we can plan this wonderful event! We need your RSVP by 12/12/09

Here is a quick recap...

Where; Moose Lodge in Ottawa, IL
When; December 19th, 2009 - 6PM-10ish
Cost; Approx. $15.00 per plate, all you can eat (beverages not included) (the more people the less cost)
Attire; Appleseed Casual

SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!!!!!!

Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Garand69

Holy Schnike!!! You folks better be quick!! RSVP's are floodin' in!!
Garand69

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

EEL

Folks, this will be a nice relaxing Christmas (yeah I said it, if you're offended, deal with it!  @)) gathering.  Nice conversation with y'all that made '09 such a success.  Might touch on some goals for 2010 and the Record shoot, but mostly a no rush, no pressure, no hype, no timetable, relaxing gathering.

Hope as many of you can make it as possible.  Nice to gather and look back on our blessings.

EEL

Garand69

OK everybody!!!

I have had some great responses and a few Questions so I will address it now.

This is a Appleseed Family Event, kids are WELCOME and Especially your better halves!!!!

The price I mentioned was based on only 10 people showing up (the very minimal hall rental divided across 10 people + the cost of the food)

We are above that number 10 right now, but to address one of the questions regarding price. Let's say to be safe

$15.00 Ea for Adults (again, this will probably be less, but not any more)
$7.50 Ea for Kids

The meal is covered, but we won't be supplied with any desserts, so if you would like to bring a dessert to pass, that would be great.

I hope to see you all at this community building exercise! Don't forget to RSVP and of course you are all encouraged to send Fred a PM to see if he and Mrs. Fred is coming out to Operation Moose Jaw. And don't forget to give The Guy a poke or two as well two bring out his Family!!
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Boba Fett

10 days to go !!   :D
I can't wait to see you all again. I am having serious Appleseed withdrawals.  :(

Hey Garand... How many RSVP's you got so far?

BF

Dinky Dao

I'll be there as well.  ;)  Didn't send ya a PM though Garand, as I responded to your invite through Facebook.  ^-^

....yep, that's right folks...Appleseed has a facebook page.  :~

Here's the link for Operation Moose Jaw, for any of you who want to go check it out!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=193559229584&ref=mf
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"These blast points...too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

"Wind...is a dirty mistress."

"Matter can neither be created or destroyed. Cosmoline proves it." - Dinky Dao

The ][rishman at Eureka RBC 07-10, " In the famous words of Bill Cosby...Got to bed, you're getting silly."

Dinky's Facebook page: 100% Applesseders. Keep up on the latest Applessed news from all over the country!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1326377533#!

Ashes

Wow.. Didn't know that Guy has a Facebook profile too!

Garand69

46 confirmed Guests have RSVP'd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you were sitting on the fence, pick a side quick!!! We need your confirmation Today!!!!!!!

Things to convince you to RSVP today.....

This is in Illinois! Not picking on the rest of the Nation, but in all honesty We have the most fun!!!

We have two Desert Cakes coming, a bunch of Appleseed families, and a reason to celebrate Appleseed!

If you have RSVP'd, and for some strange reason cannot attend, please let us know ASAP (as in TODAY!!) because once we give a number to the catering crew, we have to pay for it!! and seeing as how I'm trying to watch my girlish figure, I cannot afford to eat three or four dinners to prevent waste!!!!

See you all there!!

Where exactly is Moose Jaw you ask???

Hello Group; The Moose Jaw will be held at the Ottawa Moose Lodge.

From the junction of  interstate 80 and State Route 71 head north .5 mile turn LEFT on the first road north of the Moble Gas Station stay on this road cross the bridge watch for a LARGE Warehouse (PET SMART) turn south or left before you get to it go .5 mile turn left into the Moose parking lot.

From the Junction of Interstate 80 and State Rt 23 go north to the light past Farm and Fleet turn east or right travel 1 mile or so turn south just past Large Warehpuse (PET SMART) go .5 mile and turn left into the Moose parking lot.

If you need more details or have Questions please let me or G69 know VIA PM  Thank You,,, Pappy
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Garand69

Do not, I Repeat, DO NOT TELL PAPPY!

But we have closed all opportunities for those slackers not signed on yet. We are now at 50 attendees, due to some very high ranking celebrity Border Raiding types that I am glad I was finally able to hypnotize via subliminal messages to attend.

50 is a great number, and I may be wrong, but I think it is probably the biggest non-RBC Appleseed Related Event in history! Lucky for us, the Moose lodge is big enough to handle a record breaker for next year as well!!

Our Meeting Agenda will be simple, we will go over some important Appleseed Stuff, followed by a great dinner and then a fair amount of time getting to know each other and build working relationships with other Appleseders!!

For those who missed the boat, don't fret, you still have a little time left to sign on to another excellent Team Building-Comraderie filled event, the IBC at Pappy's. But don't wait too long, it is almost sold out as well.

Illinois Appleseed moves at a good clip, if you blink, you miss a lot :cool2:

Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Boba Fett

Yeah.... Don't tell Pappy!
Just wait until he finds out we're all staying at his place Saturday night after the party.  :o   !@#) 
I can't wait to see the expression on his face.  ;D

Dinky Dao

Being the smart @) appleseeder that I am, my cot at pappy's is already reserved. ^-^

As for the rest of ya, sounds like some folks will be sleeping in the driveway. Lol!
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"These blast points...too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

"Wind...is a dirty mistress."

"Matter can neither be created or destroyed. Cosmoline proves it." - Dinky Dao

The ][rishman at Eureka RBC 07-10, " In the famous words of Bill Cosby...Got to bed, you're getting silly."

Dinky's Facebook page: 100% Applesseders. Keep up on the latest Applessed news from all over the country!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1326377533#!

Ashes

Just as a matter of logistics (so I know what to try to get for Saturday), what deserts are people bringing?

LayloPro

Boba,

I don't think it's the expression on Pappy's face you'll want to see, as much as the one on -MRS- Pappy's........ %) :---

Hmmmmm, 50 folks showing up for dinner, eh? And Fred & I could only get what, a dozen Illi folks out in the snow?

Wow........and a couple of them -live- there!!.......... :-\ ???

Dan, take note....you have uncovered the true secret to gathering your Illi folks (& border raiders) in a coherent fashion.....

And getting them to pay, too!! Good man!! O0 O0 No wonder you're the state Co-ord there!! You smart guy!! @) ^:)^

You all watch out for Ol' Sluefoot......I hear he's gotten awful hungry about this time of year..... ::) :o

LLP

"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Pappy

Oh that`s just fine we always have room for more, sure,  no problem.  :cool2: $$-0 ;D ^:)^ ^:)^MOOSE JAW
Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

EEL

Ashes,
  It's kinda like an Appleseed event.  We'll ring what ya bring  **)  I hear there may be a cake or two.  M.E. will prolly bring about, oh say, 84 dozen homemade cookies.  I have some store bought elf baked cookies that are gonna look pretty sad next to M.E.'s.  (Maybe I'll put 'em at the other end of the table  :P)  I also have some cheese and crackers to graze on before the real grub hits the table.

Long story short......You bring it, we'll eat it  **)   ^:)^   @@)

See ya there !!

EEL

Garand69

Quote from: LayloPro on December 17, 2009, 04:53:17 PM
Boba,

I don't think it's the expression on Pappy's face you'll want to see, as much as the one on -MRS- Pappy's........ %) :---

Hmmmmm, 50 folks showing up for dinner, eh? And Fred & I could only get what, a dozen Illi folks out in the snow?

Wow........and a couple of them -live- there!!.......... :-\ ???

Dan, take note....you have uncovered the true secret to gathering your Illi folks (& border raiders) in a coherent fashion.....

And getting them to pay, too!! Good man!! O0 O0 No wonder you're the state Co-ord there!! You smart guy!! @) ^:)^

You all watch out for Ol' Sluefoot......I hear he's gotten awful hungry about this time of year..... ::) :o

LLP

;D You better watch out for Ole' Sluefoot, I wasn't the only one watching you get pushed out of that spot Ole' Sluefoot knocked you into **)

I forgot to harrass you some more LLP, I wish other commitments would have allowed me to get there earlier and spend more time with you. (yes and you too Fred the Helpful ;D ).

Next time you get the tour **)
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

LayloPro

I wasn't the only one watching you get pushed out of that spot Ole' Sluefoot knocked you into

Naw....sad to say, I managed to do that one all by myself......didn't see the big rock under the line, so got a bit hung up on it.....but Josh was able to pretty much push it around by himself, so that worked out well......

Yeah, you -could- have been there a bit earlier.....as Boba so politely said in his phone message to ya!! **)
Fred (the Helpful) was very patient (I thought) hanging out to wait to see what you would have to put on the table......How many, how much, and when were pretty much a priority for him.....
I thought it was humorous he wasn't saying about how you all need more Instructors..... ^:)^  ..:..
I guess I'll beat him to it.....

Y'all need more Instructor's!! @) O0

I don't need to tell ya why.......as said, you smart fella'......

Tour?? I did a couple of tours in different places....... >:D :--- you live up more towards Chi, don't ya? I try to stay away from that area....even my GPS blacks out up there...... :P %)
Hmmmm, mebbe next time we'll get Coly out there @ the same time..... >:D

Onward, you guys enjoy yourselves this weekend!!
LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.