News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Oath Keepers and Appleseed

Started by Rhodes, November 10, 2009, 07:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhodes

If everyone has not already by all means join Oath Keepers http://oathkeepers.org/oath/.

I am highly impressed with these folks and the goals are very similar and complementary. Be sure to join the Louisiana Group so you can get to know people near you. There is much interest in AS among them and Im sure the same holds true here.

Not on our watch!
The finest thing a man can do is hold to the wisdom his forefathers shed blood to teach us. Fear and Trust in God, Respect for American ideals and heritage, and always strive to be a better Rifleman. All other things flow from these.

Johnny

"GOD has intrusted you with educating your children. Teach them all that you know!"
"There is a circle of protection you put your family in. For some this is extended to friends, and for others, even to total strangers." Quote from "Gralen".

Jet Set

I met the founder of Oath Keepers in Las Vegas by chance when chatting to some people about Appleseed.  He is a really nice guy.  BTW, isn't he the one the wrote the SWAT article about Appleseed?

Johnny

Wish I knew if that was him. What was his response to Appleseed?
"GOD has intrusted you with educating your children. Teach them all that you know!"
"There is a circle of protection you put your family in. For some this is extended to friends, and for others, even to total strangers." Quote from "Gralen".

LayloPro

Guys,

Stewart's statement about AS has been: "The best possible program you could possibly be involved in".

I throw this out here merely because  he was in Ontario, CA (Cali, not Canada) last month for a speaking engagement....I went, then afterwards they were gathering at a restaurant down the street....since I had my kitchen pass firmly in hand, I tagged along, just me in my AS shirt...... :))

While eating our meal, I was talking with an older (late 50's-60's) couple about things, and Stewart was sitting off to the wifes' side. The fellow seemed to think that AS had absolutely -nothing- to offer him about rifle marksmanship, so I shifted over to Stewart, and asked him, (dead cold) what he thought of AS. His response is what started this post...."The best possible program you could possibly be involved in".

Then he went on for another 3-4 minutes basically giving them the 411 on the program.....

It let me sit back & enjoy my meal, while watching the fellow sit lower & lower in his chair..... ^:)^ &)

Afterwards @ Dennys for dessert, he was picking my brain about what AS & OK could do to tie together more closely, since we do indeed have many joint goals.
One of the things I told him I could, & would do personally, would be to start handing out their promo material at our gun show tables.....the rest was up to him & Fred to hammer out..... 8)

Contact your state coordinators in OK to get materials to pass along to interested folks.....One of the things Stewart wants to do is to start making an AS attendance almost a "mandatory thing" for his group.....they have about another 15,000 folks than we do right now....would -that- help fill some lines @ some ranges? :o ;)

It has already started out here in Cali, we had some Bay Area OK's at the AS in Chabot....in further conversations with them, the attendees are amazed at how well we do our presentations, and can even get their wives & kids involved......Who knew?? ::) :cool2:

And yeah, Stewart did the SWAT article back from 2007....now he wants to do a new one with his son somewhere......

Could your shoot be the one he "pops by" at?

Be prepared, just like a good Boy Scout! O0

Be well, all.
LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Johnny

Hey LayloPro, that's one of the coolest short storys I've heard in a long time! You didn't even have to open your mouth..the main man stepped in and coverd your back...waaaaayy cooool!! :cool2:  Now, I don't get over to Oath Keepers much at all, but I did join to be counted. When I do go to the forum I always send invites for Appleseed. Now you have given me an idea, to pass out OK literature and Appleseed stuff at the gun shows. I haven't been to a gun show in 3 or more years,(no money) :'( but now I see a big reason to do so. I have a group of gun collectors who may let me sit with them and pass out this stuff. I got my Rifleman Patch at my first AS on Feb. 21, so I need to buy a shooting jacket, sew on my BEAUTIFUL patch and set there and tell shooters about the program. I have two friends who shoot with me who want to do this with me, so I'll have some help, and POP showed me how he does the gun shows. He tapes a REDCOAT to the wall and a piece of tape 25m from it on the floor, and shows interested people how small those targets are. He get's some good results. LayloPro, what you just told us, really got ME motivated again. ^:)^ Thanks for that post brother. :bow: BTW, my last name is Stewart. :cool2:

kd5ozj

Hey Johnny,How you been? Enjoying your Rifleman patch? :--- Proud of you man!:bow:Are you guy's ready for April? I can't wait ^:)^ I bought a Ruger 10/22 and I will be practicing till then. I'll be passing out fliers on this end also. O0 I'll even bring some Boudin for breakfast.We'll need our strength to keep up with the instructors. &)Hope you guys are doing ok and God bless......Allen :sos:
By the rude bridge that arched the flood,Their flag to April's breeze unfurled,Here once the embattled farmers stood,And fired the shot heard round the world.....Ralph Waldo Emerson         "A shot that goes astray,May just as well been thrown away"....Unknown

LayloPro

Hey Johnny!
Out here I use the motto "Whatever works....." ;)

When we first got started in all this, they said a very important ingredient in AS was the "A.I.O." factor....."Adapt, Improvise, & Overcome"......

I can do that...... O0

The gun shows have been a great prospecting field to get the word out that AS has come to Cali, and we are still hitting about 70% of folks that have never even heard of the program..... :( :o

So we tell 'em......and the OK group is a brother organization, so it makes sense that we continue to help each other out......they will come to our shoots, and get better, and we can get more folks for them, that are now awake to the concern that we need to be the guardians of the Constitution, because it's our watch.......when the kids are old enough, we turn it over to them, and they will -know- they have a duty to defend it in the same way we do......

Work the gun shows you guys have out there, you'll be amazed at the folks that you will come in contact with.....some whom have never even heard -any- of the story of 4/19/75.....You will be the hero telling them about these things, just to get their interest up to come "check out this Appleseed thing".....and they will thank you for it later.

Be well, brother. Stay motivated. Take care.
LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Rhodes

Oath Keepers is much more difficult to promote to active duty LEO and much easier for active military. Most of the young military guys I run into are very open to the program while LEO tend to be more cautious. Its understandable though as most LEO are older and supporting families while of course hearing the govt "take" on OK which is completely false. Then of course I dont really "look" like the upstanding citizen I really am, promise I really am  ::)

AS on the other hand just works into almost any conversation at the range or anywhere really. So since we offer free shoots to LEO I talk to em about AS and get much better responses. Seems some first learned to shoot from rifle training classes Police and Sheriffs used to offer to kids a while back before the world took such a left turn. By that time I have kind of a feel about how they may feel about OK. While both programs are extremely important OK carries with it some seriousness especially after Katrina.

I haven't been as active as I wish lately seems every spring anything that can go wrong does but that's why its a group effort. Still shoot my ratty old AK whenever I can and hope to be able to afford the 308 ammo to shoot it more often. Uncle Sam just keeps the price of that stuff high for good brass and it doesn't help that they sell the used brass as scrap now.
The finest thing a man can do is hold to the wisdom his forefathers shed blood to teach us. Fear and Trust in God, Respect for American ideals and heritage, and always strive to be a better Rifleman. All other things flow from these.

V

Quote from: Rhodes on April 08, 2010, 04:58:50 AM
So since we offer free shoots to LEO...
FYI, that is not official policy. Under 21, women, active military/guard/reserve are the only blanket free shooters, oh, Revolutionary War reenactors in full dress also shoot free.

State coordinators and shoot bosses have discretion to comp anyone if it is in the interests of the program. This means targetted individuals who would be shakers and movers for the program, the local Sheriff, mayor, representative, etc, not blanket passes for groups.

Cheers
Phil "V"

Rhodes

Thanks for clearing that up for me. So that apply to ladies and kids also?

V

Quote from: Rhodes on April 11, 2010, 08:29:21 PM
Thanks for clearing that up for me. So that apply to ladies and kids also?
I'm sorry, my irony, smiliey detector is not working. Does what apply to ladies and kids? If ladies are women and kids are under 21 then they shoot free, as does active military, guard and reserve of any gender/age.

:)

schwert

Oath Keepers is a good organization, but the 501(c)(3) may cause them some grief someday.  I hope not.  But in the meantime the mission is well worth advancing.

oladcock

My wife and I are both members..Oath-Keepers is a great organization and I'm tickled Stewart is on-board.....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

schwert

P.S.    I am a member of OK's in Beauregard Parish.  I have a page in the Louisiana OK site.  Come for a visit.

dwarven1

Quote from: V on April 08, 2010, 12:43:21 PM
Quote from: Rhodes on April 08, 2010, 04:58:50 AM
So since we offer free shoots to LEO...
FYI, that is not official policy. Under 21, women, active military/guard/reserve are the only blanket free shooters, oh, Revolutionary War reenactors in full dress also shoot free.

When did we stop comping elected officials?
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON