News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Mexico Range Contacts

Started by SamD, November 10, 2009, 01:13:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamD

Please post your range contacts here.

Example
City of Carlsbad Shooting Range - Carlsbad City Council
NMMI9100 working proposed shoot date 12-13 December 2009

Lets you know whose territory it is, who they are dealing with, and when they are trying to schedule a shoot. That way we know when we are trying to have a shoot and don't schedule 4-5 shoots in adjacent towns on the same weekend  ++).

Not a big issue right now but this simple coordination will pay off next summer when we are trying a shoot in Las Cruces and Alamo on the same weekend and competing against each other for shooters.

Sam

nmmi9100

Here's the one I'm working on.

Nearest Town:  Carlsbad, New Mexico
Facility:  Carlsbad Shooting Range, managed by City of Carlsbad
Cost:  No charge for RWVA or shooters
Capacity:  25-30
Range Features:  Capacity to shoot out to 200 and 500 yards on Steel
Proposed Date:  19-20 December 2009
Contact:  John Lowe, Parks & Recreation Director, City of Carlsbad, 505.887.1191
Decisionmaker: Carlsbad City Council
Request Submitted:  3 November 2009
Expected Decision: 10 November 2009, City Council Meeting in the evening
Primary contact on RWVA end:  David McInnis, nmmi9100@aol.com

SamD

nmmi9100

I called the City of Carlsbad City Clerk's office this morning and was informed that ALL items on the 10 November 2009 council agenda were approved.  Our request to use the range was on the agenda so it too was approved.  I've confirmed that we were on the agenda via the following link: 

http://www.cityofcarlsbadnm.com/city_clerk/agendas/documents/Nov102009Agenda.pdf

So, we're good to go for 19-20 December 2009, City of Carlsbad range, capacity of 25-30.

Please put it on the schedule, yellow at least on the instructor schedule.  Should have the contract back by early next week and a letter indicating the same.  If by chance the City refuses to complete the contract, I think authorization from the City Council is plenty, don't you?

Now we need a shoot boss for it.

-David
Edgewood, NM

SamD

If they refuse to complete the application, we can't do diddly. Need to send that to get the ball rolling.
every time I log into the city website to check, my computer dies. IE and FireFox too!

Like I told you in the email, get the App and we'll have a shoot boss.   Small stuff.

Sam

nmmi9100

Quote from: SamD on November 12, 2009, 11:45:00 PM
If they refuse to complete the application, we can't do diddly. Need to send that to get the ball rolling.
every time I log into the city website to check, my computer dies. IE and FireFox too!

Like I told you in the email, get the App and we'll have a shoot boss.   Small stuff.

Sam

Sam:

Ever think that the "Application" is a bad policy?  We're having ranges "apply" to have us come there.  That's ass backwards logic, especially in the case of municipal governments.  They're not "applying" to have us come, we're applying to use their facility.  If we get a council resolution to run the shoot, we should proceed whether or not they sign the "Application".

-David
Edgewood, NM

Devnull

The Host App is something that is passed down from the higher ups. I would say design a new one or suggest a change in terminology and suggest it to the MIs, steering committee or whomever makes those decisions.

I would think something like Host Information and Authorization Form.

Just my $.02
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

SamD

I am in agreement with you on the application. It could stand revision in a couple of areas besides those you mentioned before.

I'll PM fred about it and see what the folks upstairs thing about it.

Sam

nmmi9100

Sam, et al:

Received a letter via fax today from the City of Carlsbad indicating we are APPROVED to use the range for 19-20 Dec 2009.  No application yet.  See if you can get this on the schedule.

In my opinion, this is very similar to having a shoot on BLM land (indeed the CNM range IS on BLM land)...no one from BLM is going to sign the application but since the site is broadly open to the public, there's no reason to get permission.  What happens in those sorts of cases?  This must have happened somewhere before....someone has to have had a shoot on public land in a western state without BLM or US Forest Service approval...

See where i'm coming from?

And Sam, if you will give me your fax number, I'll fax you the letter from the City.  I'm working on getting the application signed but if this is really an organization about doing the right thing for the country...i.e. getting more folks to bail, then we won't get all tied up in bureaucratic BS over a goofy application when a city as given us formal, written approval already to use the range.  We need this shoot on the schedule ASAP.

The last person I talked to at the City requested we fax them a copy of our "Certificate of Insurance"...do you have such an animal so I can fax it to them...or you can fax it to the directly, TO:  John Lowe, Sports & Special Events Cordinator, City of Carlsbad, 575.885.2773.  My fax number, if you prefer, is 505.248.6835.

-David
Edgewood, NM

SamD

David,
Please fax me the letter
575-437-8366
a long as the letter specifically states we have permission that should be good enough.

I sent the request for Proof of Insurance to SavagesShootr and asked her to fax direct to John Lowe.
we get the EIP together and static data filled in and fax it in and we'll be good to go

Sam

nmmi9100

Sam:

The signed application for the Carlsbad Appleseed came in today!  Since our scanners quit here at work and your fax broke, I just mailed you the application to your Wildcat Lane address.  Earlier today, I mailed you an unsigned application and the letter from the City.  This afternoon I mailed a copy of the signed application.  Expect two envelopes from me either Thursday or Friday.

-David
Edgewood, NM