News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New SC for New Mexico

Started by twh731, November 09, 2009, 11:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twh731

Hi all!  I am excited to announce that SamD has taken the mantle of State Coordinator for New Mexico upon his shoulders as mine were sagging a bit.  Sam has a great deal of experience in organizing and implementing large bodies of people.  His personality fits perfectly with the responsibilities associated with this position as he is outgoing and personable.  He is an enormous asset to the Appleseed Project and has been wearing many hats already. 
      We have accomplished a great deal in the last 2 years.  I am very proud of the extraordinary acheivements we have made in promoting this program and none of it could have been accomplished without the team work of all of you.  Although I started the ball rolling here in New Mexico it is you all who have gotten the momentum up to speed and kept it going.  I'm sure with Sam pushing us onward that we will excel even more in the next year.  I will continue to work in other capacities as time permits so will be seeing you all out on the Appleseed trail.  Thank the dear Lord for you all and thanks to Sam for taking this enormous responsibility on.  I know with his experience and leadership that we will bail even more efficiently!   Tom
Appleseed is history in the re-making!

BobABQ

Congratulation Sam!

I can't think of a better qualified person!

Devnull

Were sorry to see you step down as SC tom, but we understand. You did a great job and I look forward to working with you on the AS trail. We do have a shoot coming up in Dec you know  ;)

SamD as SC for NM? Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

We know you will do a great job Sam! Boy, those Rifleman patches sure do get heavy don't they?  **)

Now being that this is in the NM board I just want to say to all of our personnel that we need to help Sam. Know of a range somewhere that might let us have an AS? Start working on them. Know someplace we could post fliers or get some free face time before people to promote our upcoming shoots? Get a hold of them and set something up.

We all have the responsibility of saving this country. We need to be actively involved in getting shoots setup, promoting shoots even if their not in our direct area of operation (But that's the whole state isn't it  ;D) and assisting other shoots as we can. There is a lot of work yet to be done but many hands make for a light load. Luclily we have a GREAT group of people helping out in this state. Turning NM around ought to be done in what? Two years?  :o A guy can dream can't he?

Sam, let us know anywhere you need us to help out.
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

SamD

Thanks guys.I know that all of our NM Appleseeders will do the best they can to further the program.

Thank you Tom for all the work you have done. Paved the way for me and I'm thankful.   We all owe Tom a big one.  He isn't going to disappear either,we'll still see him on the trail

I'll ask that any of you who have been negotiating with a range, please post it here;  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10461.0
I believe that first come first served is the way to go and would like each of you to continue your contacts.
We need to let the first contact keep up the pitch and not step on each others toes.  If you need help working on a particular organization please say so but until you ask, it belongs to you.  Too many cooks spoil the soup.  If we post the proposed date that will also help ensure we don't spoil each others play, or oversaturate an area beyong it's capacity.

I'd like to try and make our operation as seamless as possible, as professional looking and functioning as possible too.  A polished organization where everyone knows what is going on will help us operate easier and gain more acceptance.

Anyonme has any ideas to make things work, speak up.   I'm lazy, I like folks with bright ideas so I don't have to get an honest job.