News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Need help--item lost at Sallisaw shoot.

Started by vic303, November 08, 2009, 10:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vic303

Need a bit of help folks.  My husband, Dave, just got home from the Sallisaw shoot where he told me he lost his Zero Tolerance 350 knife.  He knows he had it at lunch Sunday.  He thinks it fell out of his pocket when he moved his chair out of the shade after lunch.  Black G10 scales, plain edge--it is a large knife.  Reward for its safe return, and Dave says he will match the reward amount with a donation to RWVA too!  It was kind of a special treat for him, for working a ton of OT this fall, and he's only had it a week.  We appreciate any help you can offer up.

Thanks!
Vicky

Fred

OK, guys, if no one found it, let's get the word to the site host, and ask him to take a look 'round for it.

vic, you may way to try help pinpoint as near as possible about the location where it was likely dropped - in relation to the firing line. And where the vehicle was parked...

PS: Anyone have a phone number for site owner? (If so, PM it to vic, so she can talk directly with him...)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

vic303

Fred,

Thanks for the assistance.

The likely location for where it was dropped was the "lunch location"  Forward of the far left end of the firing line and down near the trees, (the shady spot).  It was where Chris told the 3rd Strike.  Best guess is it fell out of a pocket into the camp chair and was lost when the chair was moved.

The truck was parked behind the line, kind of behind position #4.  The truck in question was a Toyota 4Runner with Texas plates.

Thanks for everyone's assistance on this. 

Unfortunately I didn't notice it gone till I was 2 hours down the road.

Semper Fi
Dave5339 posting under my wife's account

Bill 3

I sent a PM to rickman and to crak as they should have the property owners direct contact info.  I did this earlier but neglected to say anything here.
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

crak

I don't have any contact info for Travis.  We didn't find anything cleaning up, unfortunately, but we didn't really go over to the lunch spot.   Hopefully Rickman sees this and can call Travis.  There is a phone number on the event info post for the shoot (search for Sallisaw and it'll come up) that might be Rick's.
Check your drama at the door.

vic303

Rickman was kind enough to fwd the contact info.  I've left a message, and hope to speak with someone directly later today.
Thanks all,
Vicky (on behalf of Dave)

vic303

Woot!  Travis the landowner, was able to get out there & look for Dave's knife, and found it!  Hooray!  Thank you SO much Travis!

--Vicky & Dave

crak

Check your drama at the door.