News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Urgetnt KWSC Schedule Change

Started by wildman, November 07, 2009, 06:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildman

The KWSC which was originally scheduled for 5 Dec 2009 must be rescheduled. The date conflicts with the HP Match which is held on the 1st Saturday. The following weekend is an AS date and I have an unbreakable family commitment.  The next week end is the weekend before Christmas so it looks like:

The new date for the KWSC is Saturday January the 9th.

There is almost one month to get the word out if you know someone that was planing to come please do them a favor and tell'em.

I apologize for any problems this creates and am totally responsible for this screw up.

wildman
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

hawkeye

I'm down with the new date. Let's still have a frost bite shoot in February. I'm ready to see how that M1c stacks up against the newer rifles in the KWSC.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

boltgun71

This works for me, no promises, but I should be able to make this one.

DuaneRN

What type rifle/ammo/equipment would be most appropriate for this event?  Do I need to wear a Korean War uniform?  ;D

wildman

Quote from: DwayneH on November 08, 2009, 07:17:55 PM
What type rifle/ammo/equipment would be most appropriate for this event?  Do I need to wear a Korean War uniform?  ;D

Bring what you got. The target placement will be a challenge for a rifleman with a scoped rifle.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

DuaneRN

So a scoped rifle is the preferred rifle?  Even though it is called a snipers course I thought at Ramseur field shoots, y'all encouraged iron sights and the courses were set up around using iron sights.

wildman

Quote from: DwayneH on November 08, 2009, 09:06:05 PM
So a scoped rifle is the preferred rifle?  Even though it is called a snipers course I thought at Ramseur field shoots, y'all encouraged iron sights and the courses were set up around using iron sights.

We have learned that is impossible to set targets for both scoped and unscoped rifles. The KWSC will have targets that challenge the scoped shooter. You can shoot it with iron sights if you want. It is the one field shoot that we do this. We are going to have a shoot in February if the KWSC isn't for you.

The targets for the KWSC are set at 300, 400, and 500 yards. Each shooter engages a pair at each distance one of the targets in each pair is an "F" target, very small, the other is a "D" larger. Depending on cloud cover or lack of it the targets maybe very difficult to see much less hit unaided. Field shoots provide a rare opportunity for the shooter to get practical field experience. We feel it is OK to provide an opportunity once a year to shoot with scopes.  It's excellent training but it is also one heck of a lot of fun.

Beowolf_357

Wildman, I will do my best to come Jan 9. I had a blast at the field shoot Old Dog took me to. Never shot at distances like that before. You can learn to shoot at 25 meters. This time I will bring the 308 instead of the 223. I want to make sure they fall down when I hit them.
Carl

wildman

The KWSC is a popular event We hope you make it.

FourIze

I'm planning to make it for this one.  I got busy this summer and forgot to check back in late August/September when the field shoots started again.   :(

I'll probably bring the .223 again for this one since it's the only one I've got a scope for.  But I just found an M1A for a reasonable price last week.  I can't wait to see how it shoots.   :)

Phil
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
-Thomas Paine: The American Crisis, No. 4, 1777

hawkeye

Hey man missed you at the last couple of shoots but I understand. This will be a great shoot Most any rifle with a scope will work but bring the m1A any way there should be time to shoot it too. Here's the Wildman with one of his tack drivers.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student