News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Hard-Hitting State Coordinator for North Carolina!

Started by Fred, November 07, 2009, 03:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Welcome, Stimey, who just got thru Shoot-Bossing for the first time, on his own!

I hear it was a great job. (What else would I expect of someone in this program? >:D)

And welcome, as a new State Coordinator.

You're part of an elite crowd.

Now, you've reached such heights that even your own mother would not have believed possible - in total charge and control of a state of over 9 MILLION sleeping Americans!

And you've gotta wake each one of 'em!

With a little help, of course.

So all you NCians reading this, give Stimey a little time to get caught up on his duties, and then prepare your backs for the lash of a tireless whip, as we get to shoving the USS Tarheel down the ways and out into the water.

But first, we gotta get the ship shipshape...

So, let's all get ready.

And you ambitious guys who want to become elevated to the highest reaches like Stimey? Wait until he tires a bit, and then move in! >:D >:D

Stimey, the floor's all yours!
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Stimey

Thanks, Fred!

I am honored to serve as the new State Coordinator for North Carolina.  I will be learning the job over the next days and weeks, but I have a couple of preliminary requests to put forth. 

1.  For any IIT's and instructors that are willing to commit to attending at least one AS event every two months AS AN INSTRUCTOR, please contact me by checking in here.  This is exactly half of what I hope to get as a time committment from you, but I want to use this criterion as a way to separate who I should contact for help and who I shouldn't expect help from.

2.  I have heard it said of Fred that he would like to see an Appleseed in every county in the US.  Why not start here?  I know I'm new to the state, but I'm pretty sure there are 100 counties in NC.  Right now, the only locations I am aware of are in Kill Devil Hills (Dare County), Yanceyville (Caswell County), and Ramseur (Randolph County).  That leaves 97 counties to go.  I need help finding new locations.  For anyone reading this post, I would like to have the name and contact information for every range, gun club, and gun dealer in NC.  I will be contacting them about promoting Appleseed and/or hosting future events.  That's right.  All of them.  I'll put together a mailer package introducing who we are and what we do and send it to these locations, then follow up with visits and phone calls.  Oh, and if any of you are members of the state rifle and pistol association, let me know how that may help us and if I should contact them on our behalf.

3.  I see that there are two events scheduled for December 12-13, Ramseur and Yanceyville.  I would like to see every instructor in the state at one or the other of these events, because that would make things easier for me.  See, I'm going to go to both of them.  I would like to meet you all and find out what you as instructors expect of the State Coordinator and how I can make your efforts more efficient.  Right now, I only know Kevin (762BBQ), Matt (txpirate), and Fred.  I want to meet everyone and give them some time to say whatever needs to be said, so I will set that weekend to come to you to find out.

Hope to see you all soon!
Mike Stineman
(361)443-5919
"Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle.  Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war!"  Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

Stimey

Thought of another thing:

4.  Bama has told me of the tremendous response that he has gotten from the Shelby County, Alabama, Sheriff's Department at their recent IBC, and I got to thinking.  Why don't we try to make ourselves and our mission known to every county sheriff as we are actively seeking a presence in his county?  He might even be willing to help!  So, in addition to sending a mailer to the gun clubs and dealers, I will be contacting the local sheriff so he or she knows what we're about.  Likewise, I just might be contacting my congressman's office to invite him and his staff to an event.  He's called me enough times to poll my opinions, so why shouldn't I call him back, right?  So, if anybody knows their local sheriff or elected official, please either give him or her a call or send his or her contact information to me and I'll do it.

Stimey
"Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle.  Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war!"  Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

Silence

Stimey,
Its good to see that your excited about taking on the responsibility of being the SC for the State.  I wish you well.  I will send you a PM soon about my status.
"The Price of apathy is to be ruled by evil men'  -- Plato

colycat

Stimey,

What happened to you.  Now your are now willing to be SC.  WOW, so different from when I saw you last.

Thanks, for stepping up. big time :~ :~ :~ :~

Everyone check out this link and see Stimey in action :~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7mXOx12UCU
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

SamD

All them TarButts better watch out, Stimey in town, gonna getcha to an Appleseed.  &)
GAston to Lumberton
Asheville to New Bern
Ain't none of you gonna escape him so go get some shells an sign up now  O0

Stimey

Thanks for all that you do, gents.  I am undoubtedly the most junior and least experienced poster here, but I had much good experience, especially at Fort Stewart.  Back at you, Sam.  Saw you're now the SC for NM.  Between us, we should be able to edge out Texas and California for turnout next year, don't you think?

Silence, I'll be available for any advice you might have.

Tony, come on back down soon, cause it looks like I won't be getting out of NC for a while.