News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

The front sight

Started by B9, October 22, 2009, 09:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B9

The target is your problem. The front sight is the solution.

Remember to always focus your eye on the front sight and your mind on keeping that sight on the target. When reloading do not break your position, watch for that target trying to move or shift.

I am not talking about shooting. ;)
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

nyrasgt

B9,
   Philosophy comes to the Appleseed Forum...nice.
Could be about shooting...or...life.
Target = any problem or challenge.
FS = the (very likely) ongoing solution to said difficulty...and like some targets, e.g. the QDAQT, they have to be hit more than once to take effect...sometimes over and over...but I seem to remember some one (or ten) people saying, and writing repeatedly on the pages of this forum, that a Rifleman persists...done.
   Orrrrr, I could be completely wrong...
Excelsior,
mad
nyrasgt
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

spider

Perhaps...the front site, where my eyes are focused, is my advertising...and the target, where my mind is focused, would be closing more jobs at better pricing...which would run up the score in my bank account and at some point all that money would free up enough time that I could go out and instruct on the Appleseed trail. 

I would love to instruct on some of those open ranges out West.  Man those are some nice pictures.

And a Rifleman persists.
Work equals force times distance.  Force equals mass times acceleration.

"Live Free or Die;  There are many evils worse than death."  Gen. John Stark

V

Quote from: spider on October 22, 2009, 09:39:24 PM
I would love to instruct on some of those open ranges out West.  Man those are some nice pictures.

Out in the dustbowls.... funny, out here we say the same thing... "Must be really nice to laydown on grass and shoot in a green field with trees all around."

Cheers from Piru
Phil