News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manheim PA 10/17-18 AAR

Started by lprgcfrank, October 17, 2009, 09:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lprgcfrank

Preliminary AAR from today:
9 true Riflemen and 1 RifleWoman showed up today in the 30 degree temperature and the constant wind and cold soaking rain in Manheim PA.  We had 17 pre-registered - but the weather kept the others away.
Machine Mac and Big H made their debuts as IIT's and did a fine job!

No Rifleman scores today  but a couple knocking on the door - highest was a 206

I want to single out our Riflewoman - She truly showed the stick to it spirit to overcome adversity.  While changing targets after the initial Redcoat, our intrepid Riflewoman's hands were so numb with the cold that she didn't feel the 9/16" staple that went completely into a finger on her support hand.   We needed a Leatherman to get it out. Big H is a Physician and got her finger disinfected and bandaged.  Our Riflewoman did not miss shooting a string for the rest of the day!  True Spirit!

Here's a photo of our cold wet selves
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

lprgcfrank

Well today started out like yesterday - but with 7 dedicated shooters.  As the sun broke through the clouds we had our 1 and only Rifleman - Steve.

Steve also stepped up and took the Orange Hat and became an IIT.  He's in the center between Machine MAC and Big H.
Steve was knocking on the door to be a Rifleman at the Slippery Rock shoot earlier this month and he made it!

We have a couple others that were knocking on the door with schores in the mid 190's and low 200's but will be back!

Machine Mac is a great name for Mac as he opened the Machine Mac gunsmithing shop this morning and helped shooters modify Rugers to have an auto-bolt release and installed Tech Sights.  Many thanks to Chris (active duty Army) who supplied a brand new Dremel to assist :-)

We seemed to have an issue with the new front sight on the Tech sights as it appears to have a metal fatigue failure - pictures below are for the firearm owner...

"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

Machine Mac

The rifleman spirit was very much alive and well in Manheim this weekend. Abigail, our only woman on the line this weekend calmly returned from posting a target and said " I think I have an issue with the staple gun". She had put a staple through her finger, but quick action from Frank and Big H and she was on the line for the next string. Abigail's sprit was incfectios throughout the entire line.

While equipment problems for Dean and Chris were overwhelming, they both said they will return for the next shoot.

Steve seemed to be playing musical rifles for a few strings until he realized that he could very much cycle the bolt on his Marlin within the alloted time and scored a 212 and 216 to earn his patch. 

Josh, Trevor, Sie, and Eric were almost there and will be back again as they do not want to cook.

Bad weather and equipment problems, were overcome with true spirit to make this a good weekend.

Rundownfid

I have been computer less until today so could not thank the instructors for the Appleseed at Manheim.   The training was excellent my son and I both enjoyed, it despite the rain.  It is amazing that one can shoot for 50 years and never learn basic skills, thanks.  Now I'll have to step up and get to helping others.
Steve

kDan

Congratulations Steve!  Thanks for stepping up.  I'm sure I'll see you on the line soon.  It's good to see Pennsylvania going strong.

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

lprgcfrank

Quote from: Rundownfid on November 11, 2009, 07:35:37 PM
I have been computer less until today so could not thank the instructors for the Appleseed at Manheim.   The training was excellent my son and I both enjoyed, it despite the rain.  It is amazing that one can shoot for 50 years and never learn basic skills, thanks.  Now I'll have to step up and get to helping others.
Steve

Welcome Aboard Steve!  I sent Nickle (the master instructor for the area) a PM to get you set up on the instructor areas of the forum.
Frank

Big H

Quote from: Rundownfid on November 11, 2009, 07:35:37 PM
Steve

Welcome aboard Steve! Glad you persisted through the rain. The weather is forecast to be dry and sunny, mid-50's this week-end at Manheim- Great Appleseed weather!