News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NY Instructor Boot Camp Dec 5th and 6th 2009

Started by B9, October 15, 2009, 12:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B9

Please note the prerequisites for attending an IBC are 2 Appleseeds and a 210 or higher AQT score. If you do not meet those requirements and wish to attend please send me a pm. We can discuss the options available to get you in on this.  

Range: Burlington Flats Fish and Game Club

Address: 615 Louie Dickinson Road, Edmeston, NY 13335

Capacity: 30

When: December 5th-6th 2009

Camping available: Primitive camping on site and bunking in the heated clubhouse is allowed. Club House has restrooms and kitchen. No showers.

Hotels: Cooperstown Lodging, Edmeston, NY 13335 (607)965-2040

Directions:
From Interstate 88 Oneonta, NY - take RT 205 north to Rt 80 west. Rt 80 West to Robinson Road. Right on Robinson Road to Louie Dickinson Road/Fish & Game Club Road. Left on Louie Dickinson Road. Range is on top of the hill on the right.
From Interstate 90 east of Utica, NY - take RT 51 south to Garner Road. Right on Gardner Road to Louie Dickinson Road. Right on Louie Dickinson Road/Fish & Game Club Road. Range is on top of the hill on the right.

GPS: 42.73652,-75.19867

State Laws to be aware of: Check State Laws - www.nraila.org/statelawpdfs/NYSL.pdf

Misc: Special Features - Club house with restrooms and kitchen area. Classroom/meeting area for 30 plus people. There is no shooting at an IBC. No need to bring your rifles. Read and bring a copy of Paul Revere's Ride http://www.appleseedstore.flyingcart.com/?p=detail&pid=16&cat_id=0. Bring all PCs you haven't done yet filled out ahead of time with you up to PC4. Read and bring a copy of the latest RWVA Instructor Manual. Read up and study hard to make the most of this and advance as far as you can.

For More Information Contact: NY@appleseedinfo.org  or 607-737-9282

Registration Link:   http://www.eventbrite.com/event/480796074

IIT's or hopeful IIT's expected to attend but not limited to:

nyrasgt     Albany
Another D.O.M.     Albany
tfelog      Saratoga
R1sgx2     Saratoga
Nut Farmer   Rochester
stgrock    Central NY
M1Tanker   Central NY
Xena    Central NY
TheBlonde Central NY
Gunville    Central NY
Genmain    Central NY
Josey Wales    Queens
YankeePatriot  Long Island
VietVet     Long Island
bravo juliet mike    Long Island
Peteinnewyork     Long Island
Grandgunn    NJ
Mooney     PA
Frontsight   PA
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Another D.O.M.

What the heck just happened to this thread?  It's gone...

Not gone, just updated.
Comment in red added by B9
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

crak

Save the Date.  Location will be in NY, and we'll find a place.
Check your drama at the door.

B9

Update.... Just got a 100% OK, good to go from B-Flats for this.

This will very likely be held at the Burlington Flats club. Just waiting on final approval from the range.
B-Flats is central to everyone in NY. There are engough of you in Long Island that a car pool should be easy to set up.
No shooting is needed at an IBC. It will be all classroom work. Just bring the basics, some food, water and sleeping gear. We will be able to bunk right in the heated clubhouse once again. It has restrooms, kitchen and fridge.
Once we get the final OK It will go on the schedule for sign ups. The $70.00 registration fee still applies.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Nut Farmer

NY DAR (Barre Center) Owner
NY Promotions Boss
PA Promotions Boss
WNY BOTG
SUPPORT RWVA - Hold An Appleseed!

crak

Nice.  I'll be there. 

Can everyone going check in on this thread so I can get a good idea of what kind of mix we're going to have?
Check your drama at the door.

bravo juliet mike

Not sure if I can make it, but I'm going to try. Anybody form the island want to carpool?

Josey Wales

..I will be there.. Unless some important family issue comes up..
................JW.........
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Nut Farmer

NY Promotions Boss
PA Promotions Boss
WNY BOTG

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: bravo juliet mike on November 03, 2009, 11:00:49 AMNot sure if I can make it, but I'm going to try. Anybody form the island want to carpool?

Hey there BJM - not sure if you're aware but there is a thread at http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?board=18.0 where you can post carpooling and/or rooming requests or offers.  Just a thought...
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

B9

Medea Benjamin

Another D.O.M.

BTW, count me in (that bright red Instructor cap will compliment my Santa Clause suit nicely for the holidays).

sgtrock

I'll be there, here, hey thats right I live around here, count me in, sgtrock

M1Tanker

Myself and Xena will be there to round out the Burlington crew.

gunville

I'm planning for it - it's going to be one crowded bunk club house.

Bringing my Glock - if I get insomnia I'll put a few rounds down the indoor pistol range, say around 2:00AM  :~

I mean, that's not going to keep anyone up is it?  **)
-----------------------------
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

sgtrock

No not at all, I'll join you,, we'll have some fun for sure

Spanner

Quote from: gunville on November 06, 2009, 03:41:33 AM

Bringing my Glock - if I get insomnia I'll put a few rounds down the indoor pistol range, say around 2:00AM  :~

It would be wise to have a sign-up sheet for the 2:00 AM Glock session.  Consider this a request for a reservation for two.  Gonna run out of bays at this rate!

" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: gunville on November 06, 2009, 03:41:33 AM

I didn't hear anything about sleeping - a 'bunk house' is where you put your stuff so the coyotes don't eat it, isn't it?

Nut Farmer

No - that's the outhouse you're thinking of, but then again, remember, though now a regal NY'er, I was born, raised and edumacated in the hills of Pennsyltucky...  :D

At least that's the way we used to build them in the mountains of PA (Trout Run)!

Doug

Gotta be nuts to be a farmer!
NY Promotions Boss
PA Promotions Boss
WNY BOTG

Spanner

Quote from: crak on November 03, 2009, 10:58:44 AM

Can everyone going check in on this thread so I can get a good idea of what kind of mix we're going to have?

This is the NY State board, and so your request may go unnoticed by IIT's in other states.

2 students (so far) from WV, plus their non-student posse. 

" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

Nut Farmer

All registered and paid.  Who are the instructors going to be?

Doug
NY Promotions Boss
PA Promotions Boss
WNY BOTG

B9

Quote from: Nut Farmer on November 09, 2009, 01:30:55 PM
All registered and paid.  Who are the instructors going to be?

Doug

Crak (Chris) from the Oct 31st Albion shoot and kDan (Dan).
Medea Benjamin

kDan

Indeed, I will be there, and I am looking forward to learning and brushing up as much as anyone.

Interesting thing about IBC's...  talking about this stuff and relating to other folks with the need to help out is just about the best Appleseed activity there is.  Rounds down-range are one thing, instructing is another, but the theories and strategies inherent in this program are really where it's at, and we get down to this in depth when sitting around exchanging notes and drinking cold, stale coffee.

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: kDan on November 12, 2009, 06:03:57 PMIndeed, I will be there, and I am looking forward to learning and brushing up as much as anyone.

Interesting thing about IBC's...  talking about this stuff and relating to other folks with the need to help out is just about the best Appleseed activity there is.  Rounds down-range are one thing, instructing is another, but the theories and strategies inherent in this program are really where it's at, and we get down to this in depth when sitting around exchanging notes and drinking cold, stale coffee.

If the coffee is hot and fresh, does the training suffer?  If so, I'll leave the percolator(s) home for certain...

Nut Farmer

Do you want me to bring the large coffee percolator you (Another D.O.M. - NOT Another Dirty Old Man) donated to the NY DAR?  Check with SgtRock to see if we will need it in the clubhouse and if we do, I'll bring it with me.
NY Promotions Boss
PA Promotions Boss
WNY BOTG

sgtrock

Hey guys
    We have, at the club house ,a good size percolator estimate size at 20 or so cups, plus 2 filter type 12 cuppers.
So that may cut down on packing list for you.. If we need anything special I'll get a runner for us,, people around here will be more than happy to take care of you, us, just good old country folk. We have a deli not 5 mins. away,, pizza joint 10 mins. away. another one 12 mins away, hardware store next to first pizza joint,,
    The heat and hot water will be on,, If you guys give me a heads up as to what time some of you are arriving  I will be there early to meet you and  get you settled in, help with the chores of set-up what ever it takes,, please feel free to use the inside range, outside range, both long and short there are no locks on the doors here except for the mechanical room [electrical room] and target house on the long range [300 yds.],, if there is time we can set up some targets in the pits and run them up for NRA High Power shoot or what ever game you would like to play, F-Class at 300yds with slings is what Adam and I like to do here quite often with 1903's, m1's, m1a's   O0,, I like to shoot handguns at that distance as well [223 encore f-class shooter] prone of course or you can stand if you like we play that too,  its all fun and alot of smiling takes place,, or laughing when you miss **) I have some really good skill tester steel targets as well ^-^ 7x11inch,, 7and 5/8 diameter plate,, 10inch plate,, and few others to set up at what ever distance you'd like,, we usually do 10in. and 7x11 at 300yds.. all done with iron sights usually its fun with scopes too,, I'm really loolking forward to everybody being here and so are the kids that were at the AS in oct, don't  be suprised if they want to say  hi to ya they really look up to the The Personel of Appleseed, as well as the adults here too,, you guys made quite an impression on us around here..
                                                                   __ DO NOT HESITATE TO LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANYTHING__ SGTROCK OUT

Another D.O.M.

Cool!  Sounds like our hosts have all of the bases covered - all we need to bring is ourselves, our books and notebooks, and the infamous 'Teachable Attitudes'.
Thanks sgtrock - and thanks to your community as well!

Josey Wales

..Its offical, I am signed up and ready to go..
..sgtrock, as we get closer to the date I will get some more details on arrival time and other small stuff. Thanks for letting us use the club house..Plus I would love to shoot a bit if we can squeeze it in..
..See you all soon....
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

B9

Just so it is clear to everyone attending this. I apologize for not having it straight myself.

Your IIT level after the IBC will not be upped until after your next Appleseed. Your level will be set ie IIT1 ,2 ,3, or 4 depending on the combination of your IBC scores and your performance at the following IBC. The Shoot Boss for the IBC and the Shoot Boss for the following AS together will determine your IIT level.

See this post here for more details. http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10579.0
Medea Benjamin

Another D.O.M.

Quote from: B9 on November 18, 2009, 01:41:30 PMSee this post here for more details. http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10579.0

Whew!  That was almost as much fun as reading the instructions for filling out a NYS Income Tax Return...

So if I understand this correctly, what one receives (at least from the program) in return for attending an IBC (or RBC) is the IIT level the individual has demonstrated sufficient skills and knowledge to attain based upon their performance at the IBC/RBC and the next Appleseed event they work, but without the requirement of one or more written PC(s).  And what one receives in addition to the program perks is purely up to the individual.

Sounds fair enough to me.  My writing is nearly as bad as my cooking...