News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NY Appleseeds WILL continue during the winter months.

Started by B9, October 15, 2009, 12:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nut Farmer

OK, this is great.  We have a lot of folks in this post saying they will shoot in a winter Appleseed in NY.  Make that WESTERN NY!  Please see post below and sign up now so B9 can start looking at who will work the event.  I expect the IIT's this time will include myself, my friend Mark from Rochester and hopefully CollegeSheepDog [and his RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) ROTC friends that were at the Barre Center, NY Appleseed Oct. 31-Nov. 1, 2009] if they show up at the Instructor Boot Camp (IBC) at Burlington Flats, NY December 5-6, 2009 (I already signed up).  Please see link below:  Please sign up ASAP.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10104.0

Now, back to the subject.  Please bundle up and attend the Winter Appleseed at the NY DAR, Barre Center, NY February 27-28, 2010.  Sign up now so we can get planning.  There will be a nice new pole barn to shelter in for training, history and breaks that will have a wood furnace installed by then.  Folks can sleep out in the pole barn - it worked great this past event, ask SgtRock and Josey Wales.  Come on, be brave, the snow won't be too deep, the winds too brisk or the temperature too cold.  This is Western NY!  ;D  What do you have to lose?  Now don't start in about losing fingers and toes to frost bite - I'm sure (hope) we'll pull B9 for a Shoot Boss and he'll give us frequent breaks to warm up, right B9? ;)

See attachment below.

Doug
NY DAR (Barre Center) Owner
NY Promotions Boss
PA Promotions Boss
WNY BOTG
SUPPORT RWVA - Hold An Appleseed!

CollegeSheepDog

Doug,

I will not be returning to the winter shoot as an IIT due to my college and work schedules over the next few months BUT I will be back for my second Rifleman patch.  Same goes for the ROTC boys.

Gordon

Quote from: FuzzyMath on November 10, 2009, 11:31:46 AM
It's too early for me to commit 100% but consider me "likely"! Perhaps even as a shooter. In any case I'll look forward to seeing how this idea develops.

I had my name on the Instructor Schedule for this, but I have to beg-out, on account of work-related travel that weekend. With regrets.

Nutfarmer, I still look forward to seeing your DAR!

-FM