News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

If you like seeing Appleseed mentioned by others...

Started by Fred, October 09, 2009, 04:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

David Codrea is a well-known gunwriter who to my knowledge has not yet come to an Appleseed (Dave, consider this an invite!).

His latest mention of our program is at http://www.examiner.com/x-1417-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m10d9-Sheriff-hosting-rifle-training-shows-proper-mindset-toward-gun-owners
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Thor

I read his gun rights examiner column daily since I found out he links to our site.  I like to slip in a plug for Appleseed in the comments section whenever I see an opportunity.  He is definitely a supporter of the program, but its tough to grasp fully the purpose and meaning of the program without actually experiencing a shoot. 
I hope he does accept the invite.  He writes very well and persuasively and has a pretty good sized following online.  Somebody who could really take the 7th step to a wide audience. 
"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom... Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."--Samuel Adams

Buckshot

Codrea got the info for that blog entry from Jeffersonian.

He has a blog at http://jeffersonian.therealgunguys.com/

and had attended three or four Appleseeds to date.  That information is on the lead-in to his blog.

Just thought you ought to know.

Buckshot