News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New features for the Toccoa Appleseed!

Started by Son of Martha, May 28, 2009, 10:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Son of Martha

Next one is June 13/14 2009.  We are going to make a few adjustments to the curriculum.

First, we have no-shoot hours on Sunday morning until 1200 hrs.  We are going to offer multiple classes run simultaneously during this time, and attendees can choose which ones they want.  There will be two class sessions between sign-in and chow.  Classes will be:

Riflery Technical Knowledge (Trajectory, comeups, BSZ, rangefinding, wind effects etc.)

Common Rifle Maintenance (AR, AK, 10/22, M1 series)

History and Philosophy (Explanation of the Founders Ideals and motivations, and development of same)

Also, we are going to change how we handle access to the 300 yard range.  Everyone will have the opportunity to go.  If you only have a .22, you can do the Advanced AQT (and it's tough, trust me!).  If you bring your CF you get the opportunity to verify zeros at 200 and 300 yards.

So, get the lead out!  Pre-register so we know about how many to plan for, bring the centerfire and a pocket notebook along.  Camping is available.  No plans for food on site, so bring a couple bottles of water and a box of Powerbars or such so you don't have to leave to eat. 

If we have good results, we will see about adding more classes in the future.  What better way to spend a weekend than in the company of your friends and neighbors, celebrating your Liberty and improving yourself?

SoM
Raise ye the stone or cleave the wood to make a path more fair or flat
Lo, it is black already with blood some Son of Martha spilled for that
Not as a ladder from earth to Heaven, nor as a witness to any creed
But simple service, simply given, to his own kind in their common need.

Flathead

I can't wait until this apple seed!!  It will be the unveiling of the new and improved Flathead!!  (I have had a few body parts removed in the past few weeks). So come on out and learn  how to hit out to 300 yards and beyond! Also learn how to keep that rifle running for a whole week end without all the problems that we see appear at these events. Camping is FREE  Yes FREE when was the last time you got something of value for no money out of pocket? So if you are on the fence about getting out to this shoot, jump down one the right side and register. I would like to see some of the shooters from the Birmingham shoot make it to this one.

DuaneRN

Son of Martha

4 Stage one targets posted at 100 yards.  Same time/position rules.  Rifleman score is 160.

SoM
Raise ye the stone or cleave the wood to make a path more fair or flat
Lo, it is black already with blood some Son of Martha spilled for that
Not as a ladder from earth to Heaven, nor as a witness to any creed
But simple service, simply given, to his own kind in their common need.

Appalacious

Quote from: Son of Martha on May 29, 2009, 02:34:08 PM
4 Stage one targets posted at 100 yards.  Same time/position rules.  Rifleman score is 160.

SoM
same time/position rules?  as what?  I can picture the targets, just wouldn't know what to do with them. 
Don't tell me stage 1 would be standing slow fire against that target?  That's insane.

No way you're going to tell me stage 2 would be sitting rapid fire on that thing, you've lost your mind.  HELLO,  MCFLYYY..

I wanna try it.  :~

Anyway,  very much looking forward to the new format. 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone bring a good video camera to this one.  I'm bringing a crappy one, but I think this 'seed deserves a good recording.

Can't wait for the campfire, even if it will be 100,000 degrees F.

J
Condescension is a GOOD thing.

Buzzstrike

Well I will be there along with Momma (the wife) but my son will not, he is takeing a month to spend time with his brother and sister up in West (by God) Virginia.  His older brother just graduated (sp?) from high school this past friday and well, he has not seen them a whole lot this year.

So, I'll be down one person this year.  But it lets me use my LTR, and save on my 308. 

See yuns soon.

Buzz.

ETA: 6/11  Sorry to say that plans have change.  Due to the house getting a new roof and interior repairs from said roof leaking from hail damage, the AS this weekend is NOT a possiblility. 

I'm sorry that this is rather short notice. 

See yuns in November.

Buzz.
Montani Semper Liberi (Mountaineers Are Always Free)

guitarzan

I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to shoot at the summer Mud Bowl in Toccoa.

I've had surgery on my foot.  Tore a tendon and they had to sew it back up again.  That's what you get for trying to get back into shape.  It's a lot safer to sit on the couch. 

Anywat, it's not well yet. It really hurts to get into any position other than sitting in a chair behind a benchrest.

At least I won't be peppering the shooters on my right with 30-06 shell cases and empty M-1 clips.

Don't think I'll be fixed up by the Augusta Appleseed but I'll be in Toccoa in November. 
"She is a pretty good gun, I think."
                         John C. Garand