News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Chino Valley (CV) AZ - Rimfire KD Oct 31 and Nov 1

Started by pennys dad, November 02, 2020, 07:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pennys dad

Thank you Captain, Bucklenose and JHook for volunteering for the weekend.
Thank you God for a safe and fun class.

Well on Oct 31st we ran a Rimfire Known Distance shoot at The Compass Training Center - Chino Valley, AZ. It was an Awesome weekend.
We ran the event for two days; this was the first time we ran a two-day Rimfire KD at the Chino range. It was a great experience.
The breakdown is this 2 Rimfire KD Riflemen, 1 Rimfire Distinguished Riflemen, two students literally with two or three hits of the score.
Riflemen

Riflemen

Distinguished Riflemen

pennys dad

We gave away two $5 discount cards for best score in a green coat competition shoot. The cards where won by two brothers who shot like champs for two days.

We gave away one Project Appleseed Pin during a wheat thins first shot competition.

pennys dad

Two Young Patriot Patches - Congrats Shane

Congrats Shaun

These two brothers shot like Riflemen.

pennys dad

Captain

This was a really enjoyable event out at the Compass Training Center in Chino Valley. I'm so glad I was able to participate and see everyone's groups shrink and see our eventual Riflemen prevail and make the score! Our two younger shooters did a fantastic job all weekend and I know they are both about one event away from earning that Rimfire KD patch.

I hope everyone enjoyed a weekend immersed in the heritage and liberty of our nation as much as I did and I hope to see you all on the line again soon at a future event!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Jhook

I had a really great time at this event, being my first ever Rimfire KD. I reconfirmed for myself that NPOA and The 6 Steps to Firing a Shot are extremely paramount especially at the longer distances. The basics are where it's at! This is great training no matter what your current skill level. I think the best part was watching the other shooters rapidly progress by the end of the second day.
Thanks again Pennys dad, Bucklenose, and Captain for keeping me in line and helping me achieve this latest patch:) Most importantly, I'll never get tired of hearing about The Three Strikes and what took place on that faithful day of April 19th 1775.

DandM

Both of us had a GREAT time! Good to shake the cobwebs off. Thank you all for running this event. See you next year!
David and Myra