News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Palm Bay, FL Jun 15-16, 2019

Started by TheMenace, June 17, 2019, 08:36:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMenace

We had a small but enthusiastic turn out for our annual Father's Day Shoot at Port Malabar Rifle & Pistol Club. Six students arrived Saturday and five Riflemen went home with big smiles on their faces Sunday. All but one were returning students. That, combined with an instructor/student ratio better than 1:1 resulted in a very safe, smooth running, event. We even found ourselves ahead of our timeline on Saturday and were able to shoot three AQTs. Everyone qualified at Marksman or better Saturday. Dennis achieved his first Rifleman score of 213 on Saturday and came back to shoot 220 twice on Sunday. Debbie and Jim shot 213 and Leah and William shot 212. Jim and William cleared the Redcoat Sunday afternoon. Great job! Leah (LisaLisa) accepted a Blue Hat. We look forward to seeing her back on the line at future events with some of her Cult friends (A Girl & A Gun). There was hardly a dry eye Sunday Noon as MaidMarian portrayed the story of Lydia Mulliken's wedding party portrait that never happened. (http://www.womenhistoryblog.com/2010/07/lydia-mulliken.html) It was a great weekend of Marksmanship and Heritage and lots of fun! The big pay-off was the broad smiles and high-fives when all the shooters on Sunday became Riflemen! HUZZAH!
Photos: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0iHNQ_sxIid-N5wxrNa570Zrg
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

BlindDog

Team BSZ......

We're not a .22 club so get out and shoot ATC, Across the Course so others will realize that.

LisaLisa

I can't say enough about this weekend.  I'm still on a high from receiving Rifleman. 
The instruction and encouragement were what got me there.  It's not easy to spend two days in the Florida heat but hydrate, hydrate, hydrate helped.
I look forward to helping out at future events.

Bear Arms

Huzzah to our new Riflemen and thank you for stepping up LisaLisa!
2/17/2018 - First Appleseed
4/21/2018 - First Redcoat target cleared
6/16/2018 - Earned Rifleman patch and accepted orange hat
7/14/2018 - First IBC
8/04/2018 - First instructor only shooting development day
12/16/2018 - Earned red hat
3/30/2019 - KD Qualified
9/10/2022 - Rimfire KD qualified

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, August 19, 1785

TheMenace

LisaLisa: Correction required. You didn't "receive" Rifleman--you earned it! Glad you had a good time and welcome to the Cadre. Huzzah!
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land

B.C.

Quote from: TheMenace on June 17, 2019, 07:50:55 PM
LisaLisa: Correction required. You didn't "receive" Rifleman--you earned it! Glad you had a good time and welcome to the Cadre. Huzzah!

O0
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

LisaLisa

You are right Dennis.
Had my surgery today  Had to explain why my elbows looked like they did.  It was a great way to talk about Appleseed  ^:)^

Guntuckian

O0

Thanks for stepping up, LisaLisa.  I knew you would earn your Rifleman patch! 
--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

Rustygun

malabar

Quote from: LisaLisa on June 18, 2019, 11:00:55 PM
You are right Dennis.
Had my surgery today  Had to explain why my elbows looked like they did.  It was a great way to talk about Appleseed  ^:)^

And thanks for taking the Blue!

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

TheMenace

Quote from: LisaLisa on June 18, 2019, 11:00:55 PM

That's real 7th stepping.
btw: Get some basketball shooter's sleeves. They have pads built into the elbows. Saved me from ruined elbows.
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land