News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NRA Headquarters Fairfax, VA May 12, 2015

Started by BD, May 14, 2015, 08:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BD

What a great way to spend a Tuesday!
The range at NRA HQ has to be one of the nicest in the country.  The staff treated us great and helped any way they could.
There's something way too comfortable about an Appleseed with a fully stocked ammunition counter, indoor restrooms, leather recliners and a parking garage.

We spent a full day with ten motivated Americans and worked on Marksmanship and heard the stories of April 19.
Everyone made great progress that was easy to gauge on the start and finish Redocat targets.
Robert earned his Rifleman patch at his first event and Nik added scores in the 230's for all of the AQT's.

Can't wait to go back for the next one.

Up the Republic

Taylor

Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

BeSwift

THANK YOU to all students, NRA Range Staff, and combined MD/VA IC for making this event a success... Adapt, Improvise, Overcome  O0
Huzzah!    BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

BillP_556

My neighbors son really enjoyed his day, thanks for brining the LTR & mat for him.  This was my 3rd Appleseed day I've attended (2007, 2008 previously), and really enjoy contrasting the transformation of the program & stories of April 19th over the last 8 years.

Keep up the great work red hats & I'll keep practicing!

Bill
"The Revolution was in the Minds of the People, and this was effected, from 1760 to 1775, in the course of fifteen Years before a drop of blood was drawn at Lexington."
John Adams to Thomas Jefferson, 24 August 1815

The Wolfhound

It was a good shoot.  We got a lot done, considering how fast we had to go.