News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Atterbury June 15-16: Free Ammo & Sample Rifles Sponsored by Wolf, IWI, Mach 1

Started by techres, May 17, 2013, 09:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

techres

HOLY MOLY LOOK AT THIS!

This is the first of our 2013 Industry Shoots and it is going to be a ball!

We will be spending 2 days shooting free ammo from Wolf Performance Arms and doing it at KD distances.  We will also be carrying everything we use, and bringing nothing other than what we absolutely need.
Each attendee gets 250 free rounds of ammo for their own rifle and on Sunday we will get the chance to test out some 308 Veprs, some .223 Tavors, and some other rifle goodies coming along to us with our sponsors who will be at the shoot.

This is a very exciting bit of news and there are only 40 slots.  We expect the event to fill up very quickly as there is no previous attendance required and even though we will try and keep any of our instructors from signing up as shooters - the 40 slots will fill up pretty quick.

The requirements & rules for the event are specific since it is on a US army base and they have to be followed to the letter.  You can find them here:

https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=35705.0

Come and find out what your rifle can do when it gets to lay in grass and dirt; not on a mat.
Come and find out what your gear can do when you have to keep it to a luggable minimum.
Come and fine out what you can do when you have to walk it and you for two full days.

Move quick or lose your chance at this unique event opportunity and the free ammo that comes with it!

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Rayne

QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

slim

I still don't believe you're a granny you dangerous "young" woman!

Orangedotfever

"Need", has nothing to do with it!

"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living."  John Wayne

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well armed lamb.

Rayne

QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

vanny37

I saw on the Info page that it said camping was available.  I assume this is just on the range itself or do we have to make reservations? 
Anything camping related not allowed on base (stove, fuel, etc)? 
Is there a time that is too late to get on the base Friday evening? 

looking forward to it!  Thanks in advance...
Live free or die

AuntieBellum

Yes, right on the range.  No need to make reservations.  But if you're coming in Friday night, a heads up would be good as we'll need to meet you at Range Control to help you find your way back to the range.  And you'll need to pay a range fee for Friday then, too.  Though $10 to camp and get there early seems like a good deal to me. 

The time that is too late is the time after which people would be sleeping - so, 10?  I dunno - I'll let the shoot boss jump in here to answer that.  I might be asleep even earlier than that.   ;D  But no earlier than 6, as we can't check out the range until then.  And if you show up during daylight...expect to be put to work pasting targets up and getting everything set-up for the weekend.   @)

Stoves and such are fine unless there is chance of brush fire.  They'll let us know Friday afternoon what the conditions are and if we are allowed to use such things for the weekend.  So pack it, but pack a back-up option, too.  I fully plan to head off-base for dinner Saturday PM, as I'm sure others will as well, so you're also welcome to join in the fun.
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

slim

Quote from: AuntieBellum on June 03, 2013, 09:05:26 AM
The time that is too late is the time after which people would be sleeping - so, 10? 
There are Appleseeders who dont stay up all night solving the problems of the world?

Barbie

Quote from: slim on June 03, 2013, 10:45:23 AM
The time that is too late is the time after which people would be sleeping - so, 10? 
There are Appleseeders who dont stay up all night solving the problems of the world?

One of the best parts of an AS weekend is solving the worlds problems after hours  ;)
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Brown

I usually try and get world problems figured out by 9pm :cool2:. its easier to get to sleep that way

I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

Unbridled Liberty

Quote from: Brown on June 03, 2013, 02:20:35 PM
I usually try and get world problems figured out by 9pm :cool2:. its easier to get to sleep that way

X2.  Simplicity and precision in all things.  O0

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

SPQR

As the Shoot Boss, I defer to the pimpest thang Brown has ever said.

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

GoldFish

Quote from: SPQR on June 03, 2013, 11:35:19 PM
As the Shoot Boss, I defer to the pimpest thang Brown has ever said.

Yeah, it's gonna be a great weekend...
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Unbridled Liberty

Yes, right on the range.  No need to make reservations.  But if you're coming in Friday night, a heads up would be good as we'll need to meet you at Range Control to help you find your way back to the range.  And you'll need to pay a range fee for Friday then, too.  Though $10 to camp and get there early seems like a good deal to me. 

I plan on rolling in Friday by 9:00PM.  Does anybody have GPS coords or a good address that will get me to Range Control?

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

SPQR

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

GoldFish

Word is we take over CAJMTC Range 5 at 1800 hours 14 June.  I won't be staying on-site, but if there's work to do on base before zero hour Saturday morning, I can be there Friday night.  What say you, Mr. Awesome?

"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

dart67eb

Can someone PM me the COF for this event?  It's giving me ideas to do something locally.
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

GoldFish

Quote from: dart67eb on June 11, 2013, 07:33:22 PM
Can someone PM me the COF for this event?  It's giving me ideas to do something locally.

PM Incoming...

SPQR

Dagnabbit Goldfish would it kill you to ask a guy before you go throwin his Course all over tarnation?  The copy you got is the skeleton of a larger packet. Dart I will make sure to send you a copy after this weekend.

Goldfish you need to find some drank and slow your roll. You make opsec look like an episode of Keystone Kops. If you don't show up with a huge box of Capri Sun I am gonna flip out like a ninja

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

slim

SPQR

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

slim

GoldFish

Quote from: SPQR on June 12, 2013, 12:54:39 AM
Dagnabbit Goldfish would it kill you to ask a guy before you go throwin his Course all over tarnation?  The copy you got is the skeleton of a larger packet. Dart I will make sure to send you a copy after this weekend.

Goldfish you need to find some drank and slow your roll. You make opsec look like an episode of Keystone Kops. If you don't show up with a huge box of Capri Sun I am gonna flip out like a ninja

Forgive me, oh Great Ninja Sensei.  My ninja reflexes are honed to a razor sharp point but are still in the process of being controlled and harness for full efficiency and potential, like those of a true Master.

I'll be slowed down for the weekend, soaking in the presence of one so fully Awesome who stays calm even when under extreme physical and mental duress.  I've witnessed the willpower you possess but am sworn to secrecy as to the details of the particular operation.  See, opsec does mean something to me.

And believe me, you'll get some...

techres

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Brown

I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

Miller

Goldfish, you need to learn the ways of the toads.  Through conversation with them you will learn the secrets of OPSEC.

Brown, I know nothing of Range Control but I might be able to tell you how to get to Sesame Street. :)
Fearful but resolute.

eaglescouter

Quote from: SPQR on June 12, 2013, 08:25:00 AM
Remember this gem from the early internet?  http://www.realultimatepower.net/
It inspires everything I do.

I don't want to know what you were looking for when you found that......
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleer™:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

SPQR

I bet I was looking up how to become a better ninja.

Brown - Call Range Control.

"Indiana rules!" - Nero